[Gaming] Overwatch (#boycottblizz)

The new event looks almost fun enough to get me to come back and try it.

Almost.
I beat this on Legendary with a random group in All heroes mode with Rein / Orisa / Bastion/ Mercy. ALMOST beat it in Legendary with the standard 4, before we decided to take a break. Its good fun, but there is no room for error on Legendary.

GasBandit

Staff member
It's official ingame canon - Pharah's father is just some unnamed civvie, not Reinhardt, Morrison, or any other Overwatch member.

anapharah.jpg

[DOUBLEPOST=1492037188,1492036849][/DOUBLEPOST]Also, Daredevil 76 has some cape issues with the new pushups emote...

Last edited:
It's official ingame canon - Pharah's father is just some unnamed civvie, not Reinhardt, Morrison, or any other Overwatch member.

Getting a cert error on that first image, could you host it here?
Also 76 looks a little bit like a patriotic King of All Cosmos when his cape is all bundled up like that.

--Patrick

So we now have enough "Overwatch" skins to make a full team (Ana, Morrison, Torbjorn, Tracer, Reinhardt, Mercy), how long till you think a six stack uses those as their main skins for matching style?

The new event looks almost fun enough to get me to come back and try it. Almost.
Really? It doesn't look like your cup of tea, it's nothing like Lúcioball.
Well. I guess it is more like L4Dx and Vermintide, so maybe you would consider it dunkable after all.

--Patrick

GasBandit

Staff member
Really? It doesn't look like your cup of tea, it's nothing like Lúcioball.
Well. I guess it is more like L4Dx and Vermintide, so maybe you would consider it dunkable after all.

--Patrick
Yeah, watching that legendary playthrough video kinda reminded me of Killing Floor.

The song was much better than I thought it would be.
They need an achievement for getting all golds on the losing team called "Well clearly I'm not the problem here"
Welp...
dumbani.jpg

(from Arcade: 6v6 random) The other team wasn't actually that good. The randos on my team WERE that bad. They basically charged solo on respawn right into the other team's arms over and over, fueling the other team's ults.

Also, the time I earned it again from the Uprising event:
almostcarry.jpg

--Patrick

Okay.... am I missing something entirely? I can't find a special event game mode. Am I truly that noobish?

Also, playing Rein on Hanamura before work tonight, I managed to rush cap BOTH points. First time, I had excellent team support, helped keep the enemy off of me after a shift-charge.

Second time, the enemy only had a Junkrat and a Mercy at the B cap. Easy pickings, and the cheesiest PotG outside of a Torb or Bastion.

Okay.... am I missing something entirely? I can't find a special event game mode. Am I truly that noobish?

Also, playing Rein on Hanamura before work tonight, I managed to rush cap BOTH points. First time, I had excellent team support, helped keep the enemy off of me after a shift-charge.

Second time, the enemy only had a Junkrat and a Mercy at the B cap. Easy pickings, and the cheesiest PotG outside of a Torb or Bastion.
The special event mode is in the arcade, listed as "Uprising"

So since it's the last day, I finished my qualification matches (qualified at ~1500) and went to do my tradition of buying up all the missing voice lines just before the event leaves.

...discovered this time everyone got two new voice lines. Sheesh that was more expensive than I was expecting. Now I'm down to only 4000 gold. Hmm, maybe I'll pick up another legendary or something.

--Patrick

Last edited:
Sure wish there was a way to filter that stuff based on event. I hate having to dig through every category of every hero just to see if they have anything new.

--Patrick

I finished my qualification matches (qualified at ~1500)
To expand on this just a bit, I'd like to say of my losses, the two with people who quit during qualification matches because they didn't get their preferred character were the worst.

--Patrick

The event matches in arcade were gone, but the menu still said Uprising and Uprising loot boxes were still being given last night.

I got both of Torbjorn's legendary skins. Woo ...

Yup. I played long enough last night to earn all the arcade loot boxes, ended up getting the El Blanco skin for Reaper.
Also previously opened the Uprising skins for Mercy and Bastion (honestly don't care about the Genji one). Ended up buying the Uprising skin for Rein while I was getting all the voice lines (and D.VA highlight), though. Shame I couldn't afford the McCree skin as well.

--Patrick

Oh man I am laughing so hard.

Best one in awhile. Also that Soldier Ult in the first clip fits so well into the MK music that I honestly thought it was a remix for a second.