[Gaming] Overwatch (#boycottblizz)

ana.png

"You're powered up! Get in there!"

Torb's should start with "For the last time..."
Bastion: "P DATE ME"

The entire thing is just a lead-in to the Genji one.

--Patrick

So yeah, the matchmaker is out to get me.

I log on last night and first off, it sent me into a game 10 seconds from losing. Oh well, free XP!

Then it puts me into skirmish limbo. No I am not joking. Skirmish, No Enough Players, Reinstance, Skirmish, Not Enough Players, Reinstance, Skirmish, repeat that maybe 6-7 more times. When the game finally started I wrote in chat "Oh thank god".

Once in the game we had a good team, pretty much rolled over the opposition, was pretty excited to keep....

It switched me to the other side again.

:fu:

Hey I'll be happy to queue with you when I'm in there, I just don't guarantee we'll win games. I always seem to get paired with the trickle league.

--Patrick

GasBandit

Staff member
I'm a salty dog, but I've never thrown a match. For team comp or any other reason.

That said, there was that one time I was accused of throwing... but that's just because I got stuck in a death loop due to frustrated tunnel vision.

The only way I could say I've thrown is when the other five on my team have chosen the same hero. Like, I know we're going to lose, so might as well make it a solid six and see what happens. But I still try to win, and sometimes six Meis can pull it off.

The only way I could say I've thrown is when the other five on my team have chosen the same hero. Like, I know we're going to lose, so might as well make it a solid six and see what happens. But I still try to win, and sometimes six Meis can pull it off.
That's not really throwing though. Throwing means you don't even try, you just keep jumping off cliffs or running into the enemy to give them ult charge to make your team lose. Doing an odd comp or stack but trying isn't considered throwing.

While not throwing, I dealt with my first medal hunter a few nights ago. He accidently picked up the enemy flag and never capped it, because he wanted to just keep shooting enemies the whole while we were screaming at him to cap.

Stupid shiiiiiiits

I was in a position where I was carrying a team. It was Mystery Heroes. I messed up their team pretty good with Widowmaker, which is not my usual style with Widowmaker. Then, as we got the payload almost to the finish line, they held us off. I came in with Reaper and killed each member of their team. This wasn't in quick enough succession to move the payload by myself, but it begs the question--what the fuck was the rest of my team doing?! 'Cause they weren't with me on the payload. One other player would've been enough. Just one. FFS.

And after all that, the only cool event item I got from my lootboxes was the Tracer skin I already have. Sheesh, should've stuck to Hearthstone tonight.

I'm hoping Blizzard eventually makes MEKA/Bastion an official ship.
Since Bastion is a woman that would mean the second lesbian relationship!

Or wait, maybe the MEKA is actually male... Wait... elongated object driving it, seemingly dangling from the front. My god...

In more hilarious news, I did a game series to get this weeks arcade boxes, once it was all done I had five boxes. As I open the first box I cross my fingers for the event legendary Zenyatta skin.

Hit open, YELLOW OUTLINE, come on who is it, it's ZENYATTA! It's...

Fuck....

On the bright side it was NOT a duplicate, I still didn't have that skin, so that is a bright side to it. Still pretty hilarious because it looks like the universe was going my way till it shot me in the ass at the last minute.

Two boxes later I did get another legendary, but it was a duplicate Wukong. Oh well.