[Gaming] Overwatch (#boycottblizz)

Widowmaker was kidnapped, brainwashed, and augmented to be the ultimate killer. The fact she can do windsprints with near non-existent circulation (the reason for her blue skin) means she likely has mechanical augumentations to pick up the slack and make her flexible.
Unfortunately, a side-effect of the process was a bad case of Leifeld's Spine.

BananaHands

Staff member
I find that butt incredibly disturbing. The boob one isn't bad, but that butt...
I saw one where D.Va's vagoo looked like one of those things from Zelda 64 that would gobble link and eat your shield.

Were those Like Likes or something?

My first match in Oasis, I got teamed up with a Symmetra troll who put her teleporter right next to the highway.

--Patrick

GasBandit

Staff member
"What's the current meta? Nerf it." - Blizzard's balance motto.

The PTR is implementing Roadhog hook 2.0, but additionally it is also lowering DVa's damage (each pellet is now 2 damage instead of 3, but she fires 11 pellets instead of 8, slightly increasing damage at point blank but greatly reducing it at any distance at all) and changing her from 200health/400armor to 400health/200armor. Also, Ana's grenade healing is getting cut in half.

Will it do something about the 3 tank meta everybody's been complaining about? Stay tuned!

BananaHands

Staff member
"What's the current meta? Nerf it." - Blizzard's balance motto.

The PTR is implementing Roadhog hook 2.0, but additionally it is also lowering DVa's damage (each pellet is now 2 damage instead of 3, but she fires 11 pellets instead of 8, slightly increasing damage at point blank but greatly reducing it at any distance at all) and changing her from 200health/400armor to 400health/200armor. Also, Ana's grenade healing is getting cut in half.

Will it do something about the 3 tank meta everybody's been complaining about? Stay tuned!
Damn it, D.Va. Why did you have to keep taunting Blizzard to 'nerf this!'?

I'm more annoyed at the Ana nerf more than anything else. That grenade is the only way she has to heal herself! Also it's fun to splash people to death through windows...

--Patrick

I'm more annoyed at the Ana nerf more than anything else. That grenade is the only way she has to heal herself! Also it's fun to splash people to death through windows...

--Patrick
They only nerfed the heal boost, not the amount healed or damage.

Sent from my VS986 using Tapatalk

I think it's weird they nerfed the heal boost but didn't touch the heal debuff. If anything, I would have expected them to make it reduce healing by half instead of full, or cut down the duration, because that's the part of the heal grenade that gets the most complaints.

GasBandit

Staff member
People are upset that Hook 2.0 fixed the "final placement" issue, so now (on PTR) Ana, Reaper and Mei are getting cooked like everybody else used to - it now does 250 damage reliably.

It's almost tempting...[DOUBLEPOST=1483739795,1483739364][/DOUBLEPOST]ALMOST, but not quite. Because of the delay on the hook connecting and retracting, any fast moving character near any kind of cover whatsoever is now hookproof.

People are upset that Hook 2.0 fixed the "final placement" issue, so now (on PTR) Ana, Reaper and Mei are getting cooked like everybody else used to - it now does 250 damage reliably.

It's almost tempting...[DOUBLEPOST=1483739795,1483739364][/DOUBLEPOST]ALMOST, but not quite. Because of the delay on the hook connecting and retracting, any fast moving character near any kind of cover whatsoever is now hookproof.

You can also throw people off ledges easier, as long as the ledge is right next to you.

Something I wish I had recorded last night (I only didn't because I wasn't around until later and forgot to turn record on) was the continuing bullshit of me getting hit by hammer down when I don't enter its cone until after it hits the ground. It showed up in the Rein's potg at the end though, so Terrik and Snuffles saw what I meant.

Last edited:
Out in the open the hook is a hundred times better, but near any type of cover, yes, it's not as viable. I think that is fine honestly, makes him more of the stalker he was designed to be, catching stragglers out in the open for a hook and cook, rather then a front line pusher hooking people through walls off the objective.

Got a cool quadra with Pharah but it wasn't in the highlight menu, and I'm still getting OBS to play nice with my computer so I couldn't record it live.

Here's my problematic fave instead.

Something I wish I had recorded last night (I only didn't because I wasn't around until later and forgot to turn record on) was the continuing bullshit of me getting hit by hammer down when I don't enter its cone until after it hits the ground. It showed up in the Rein's potg at the end though, so Terrik and Snuffles saw what I meant.
I hope that gets some attention. I've been hammered down as Pharah while 20' in the air just because I happened to be downwind of Reinhardt's hammer.

--Patrick

I hope that gets some attention. I've been hammered down as Pharah while 20' in the air just because I happened to be downwind of Reinhardt's hammer.
The hammer ult is a frontal cone and not a ground cone. It will hit a Pharah in the air as long as she isn't too high. I think this was mostly due to a bug that made is so the hammer ult used to get blocked by a simple incline during beta, so now it has a y-axis effect to compensate for those positioning issues. As for someone getting stunned after the fact, no idea, either it has a lingering effect they never mentioned, or just latency causing visibility issues.

The hammer ult is a frontal cone and not a ground cone. It will hit a Pharah in the air as long as she isn't too high.
I know, it was just that my feet were noticeably above Rein's head at the time, I figured I'd be safe.
I suppose this wouldn't be the first time that my location on my screen doesn't match up exactly with where the game thinks I am. In the instance I'm referring to, though, I was actually descending at the time, so if the game were lagging it should've thought I was higher than I was.

--Patrick

I'm pretty such it's latency or some such B.S. It means I have to make myself count to two before hitting guardian angel.

There was an asshole Genji bitching about heals, so I eventually made it a point to just spam hello at him whenever he stood in front of me with low health. I had him blocked, but I bet he was raging.

I was playing Lucio the other night and the fucking Widowmaker kept spamming for a heal.

Yeeeeahhh... I'm going to give up healing the 4 folks on defense keeping the point from getting contested to skate away and heal your spider ass across the map... Riiiiight.

Yeeeeahhh... I'm going to give up healing the 4 folks on defense keeping the point from getting contested to skate away and heal your spider ass across the map... Riiiiight.
Lucio isn't even that great as a solo healer, his strength is always having as many allies around him as possible. I make it a point that anyone that wants healing has to come to me, not me to them. I ain't Mercy and I can't heal you across the map like Ana.

BTW I have been practicing Ana a lot recently, I usually suck with snipers but I am getting really good at distance healing with her. I actually like the fact that I can spam my shots into a fire fight too, as I will either hit an ally that is taking damage, and thus healed, or will hit an enemy just past them, which will help us roll over them. Gotta enjoy her strength before the nerf next patch.

Lucio isn't even that great as a solo healer, his strength is always having as many allies around him as possible. I make it a point that anyone that wants healing has to come to me, not me to them. I ain't Mercy and I can't heal you across the map like Ana.

BTW I have been practicing Ana a lot recently, I usually suck with snipers but I am getting really good at distance healing with her. I actually like the fact that I can spam my shots into a fire fight too, as I will either hit an ally that is taking damage, and thus healed, or will hit an enemy just past them, which will help us roll over them. Gotta enjoy her strength before the nerf next patch.

Healed as Ana last night during a competitive match in Hollywood. Other team couldn't get past the corner to Spawn A because I parked as Ana right by the elevator (with a Torb SG built). Rest of the team bunched around the Roadhog and Dva (other two were a Mei and Gengi). Just kept spamming heals, darts, and bombs to that tight spot. They couldn't do shit about it. Almost bit it when the Junkrat on the other team tossed out a tire bomb, but the SG blew it up with my assist. Nanoboasted Dva is crazy too. I bet royally pissed off their Reinhardt cause every time his shield dropped I'd dart his ass.

Ana is super great (until you get a rogue Winston on your ass with good teams). I still like Lucio better. He's far more annoying to the other team, since your focus isn't on healing more so than just staying bunched with the group and being a pest with the sound blasts and that disrupt secondary. I switch between the two depending on the map. I find for Kings Row, Lucio is better than Ana, but maps like Hollywood Ana fairs better.