[Gaming] Overwatch (#boycottblizz)

Far

Nov 28, 2008
West Coast best coast
I could have sworn there was also an option to change mercy's beams to a clicklocked toggle instead of having to hold down one button or the other, but I seem to have been mistaken, because I could never find it again. Maybe I was thinking of the TF2 medic.
mercy.png

Definitely there also one for prioritizing your flight to your beamed target but it really messes up with escapes so I leave that off.

Last edited:
Reactions: GasBandit

GasBandit

Staff member
Did this cut off early?
A lot of the sequences were abbreviated to better match the music, especially my torbjorn POTGS. But I tried to get all the pertinent action displayed.[DOUBLEPOST=1466886396,1466886047][/DOUBLEPOST]Snuffles and Scytherexx were displayed in their entirety, though... if it seems to cut off early, it's because Blizzard did it :p

Dei

Nov 27, 2008
I can see mountains!
A lot of the sequences were abbreviated to better match the music, especially my torbjorn POTGS. But I tried to get all the pertinent action displayed.[DOUBLEPOST=1466886396,1466886047][/DOUBLEPOST]Snuffles and Scytherexx were displayed in their entirety, though... if it seems to cut off early, it's because Blizzard did it :p
It was actually the terrible internet I had in this rec center.

Nov 27, 2008
You son of a bitch.
Even the video told you to stop Terriking!

That Scythe one as Reinhardt was excellent. It's hard to get POTG as him.

Meanwhile, every joke about Bastion always getting POTG is fucking true. How do I know? My first time using him today, I got POTG. I don't feel I even deserved it; I had a Hanzo one earlier in the day that really deserved and didn't get it, but for some reason me killing three people as they came to the payload ... yeah, real impressive. Throw me a fucking parade.

GasBandit

Staff member
Even the video told you to stop Terriking!

That Scythe one as Reinhardt was excellent. It's hard to get POTG as him.

Meanwhile, every joke about Bastion always getting POTG is fucking true. How do I know? My first time using him today, I got POTG. I don't feel I even deserved it; I had a Hanzo one earlier in the day that really deserved and didn't get it, but for some reason me killing three people as they came to the payload ... yeah, real impressive. Throw me a fucking parade.
That POTG of me as Hanzo, getting a triple kill with an ultimate, was pretty much the only use I was the entire game. Apart from that I was randomly firing arrows down roads or through gaps over and over, randomly getting lucky hits from time to time. I found I got more kills just firing down chokepoints over and over at full charge than actually trying to shoot anyone in particular.

Dec 1, 2008
Other Fourth Coast, USA
That POTG of me as Hanzo, getting a triple kill with an ultimate, was pretty much the only use I was the entire game. Apart from that I was randomly firing arrows down roads or through gaps over and over, randomly getting lucky hits from time to time. I found I got more kills just firing down chokepoints over and over at full charge than actually trying to shoot anyone in particular.
I admit, I was surprised to see you playing as Hanzo AT ALL. I figured you have about as much use for him as you would for an iPhone 5.

--Patrick

Reactions: Dei
Nov 27, 2008
Torbjorn can be dealt with though. I know the turret is a pain, but there are strategies for dealing with it. I feel like lowering the turret damage is just going to make Torbjorn worthless.

Nov 26, 2008
Murrieta, CA
It shouldn't be the damage anyway, they should be lengthening the time it takes for the turret to snap to people if anything. You can manage potshots around a corner more easily with PC controls, but on a console that thing will shred if you're a damage class.

Reactions: Far
Nov 27, 2008
It's a concession to the fact that console controls are inferior for FPSes and console scrubs can't hit shit without aim assist.
I know, but speaking as someone who plays console, fighting against turrets requires better playing. Yes, they have better aim than anyone using a joystick will, but that's applying the logic that the turret is somehow an OP player when it isn't. It's a player-created hazard.

If they're going to weaken its attack, they should strengthen its health so it can last a little longer. I'm saying this as someone who's played against Torbjorn plenty; I just don't want a character to vanish from the game because he became essentially worthless.

Reactions: ScytheRexx
Nov 27, 2008
I wish so bad I could play with you guys, because the console shmucks are going to give me a heart attack. Firing at the point/payload without ever touching it is not a sound strategy.

I got invited to a pro community today. Why? Because I could play Mercy as a satellite to Pharah's planet very well. But even then, because the rest of the team was being so wishy-washy, it feel to me--as Mercy--to push the payload to the checkpoint before time ran out. I can't tell you how many times I've been on a capture map and, once we captured the point, the rest of the team ran off to battle elsewhere, leaving me as either Mercy or Lucio alone on the point, to hold it briefly before half the enemy team comes to kill me.

Un-fucking-real.

Dei

Nov 27, 2008
I can see mountains!
I wish so bad I could play with you guys, because the console shmucks are going to give me a heart attack. Firing at the point/payload without ever touching it is not a sound strategy.

I got invited to a pro community today. Why? Because I could play Mercy as a satellite to Pharah's planet very well. But even then, because the rest of the team was being so wishy-washy, it feel to me--as Mercy--to push the payload to the checkpoint before time ran out. I can't tell you how many times I've been on a capture map and, once we captured the point, the rest of the team ran off to battle elsewhere, leaving me as either Mercy or Lucio alone on the point, to hold it briefly before half the enemy team comes to kill me.

Un-fucking-real.
Yeah, we'd never do that. Ever. Not even last night. Nope.

Nov 26, 2008
Murrieta, CA

Un-fucking-real.
Don't worry, k/d solo heroes exist on PC too. They cap the point and then go try to get a PotG while some unlucky person gets steamrolled trying to solo-defend. Meanwhile the sniper or Torb on your team sits on their perch and bitches about nobody sitting on the Payload/Capture point.

Nov 27, 2008
Don't worry, k/d solo heroes exist on PC too. They cap the point and then go try to get a PotG while some unlucky person gets steamrolled trying to solo-defend. Meanwhile the sniper or Torb on your team sits on their perch and bitches about nobody sitting on the Payload/Capture point.

Yeah, we'd never do that. Ever. Not even last night. Nope.
So there is no good in this world.