Outrageous Claims thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

Matt²

Dr Evil's adopted father is a hack!

I invented question marks (?), back when I stole Doc Brown's DeLorean and traveled back in time to the dawn of writing. You all owe me 25 cents each time you use one.

My goal in life is to sell Florida to the Eskimoes.

M

Matt²

well I was gonna go on a rant about how nobody has gotten the full definition of "outrageous" as laid out in the OP, meaning it's not just a simple thing..

but now I just don't care.
meh. (shrug)

The placement of the keys on a qwerty keyboard were based off of a mural in a Navajo cave dwelling in Arizona. The mural not only predicted keyboards, but also the Rubik's cube and edible undergarments.

I

Iaculus

Though it was not recognised as such at the time, the Second Coming actually occurred on September the 7th, 1988.

... Hi, guys.

Ok, so perhaps a little offbeat from the thread's direction, I think I'm in the spirit of the thread title when i rag on my brother here ;)

My little brother took about 4 months of martial arts when I was in my early teens. He quit the kung fu class in order to take a break dancing class instead. Now that he's nearly 40, I guess he realizes that tales of his awesome backspin exploits just don't sound as cool as tales about kung fu, so here are some of the outrageous claims he made a few months ago when I went to visit:

• He's a buddhist, though he eats meat and couldn't tell me what the Four Noble Truths were or what the Eightfold Path is. I saved him the embarrassment of asking if he was Mahayana Buddhist or Theraveda.
  • He's got a black belt in "Filipino Knife Fighting" (I assume he was referring to Kali Sikaran, though he didn't seem to know the name for it), and his master was evidently named "a 78 year old Filipino dude", as that was all he was ever referred to by. Not that I'm aware of any old Filipino knife masters taking students and living in the small town that my brother lives in.
  • He secretly studied "Dim Mak" and got a "black belt in Dim Mak" from some old japanese dude. Dim Mak is a phrase that can be applied to any technique that can incapacitate or cause death, but there is no 'style' of 'dim mak' to get a black belt in. I wasn't aware that our small redneck town in Texas harbored so many hidden martial arts masters who train in secret.
Here is a photo of him showing me his "Dim Mak"

The really sad part is his step-son there, who looks up to him with near hero-worship, trying to emulate this weird chicken-wing crap that he's doing.

Dude. It sounds like your brother seriously looks up to you and is trying to impress you (and others) because he feels so inadequate. My younger bro does a lot of the same thing. I know he's lying half the time. I tell him he doesn't have to impress me. I'm his brother no matter what. He still does it from time to time.

Sounds like a lot of guys I grew up around. They pick up a copy of a Martial Arts mag... Then suddenly they have trained for years... And are registered weapons at the Police Station.

Cajungal

Staff member
Fernando's actually a virgin who just talks big. He loves cuddling, scrapbooking, and going to his local nondenominational Bible study to meet modest girls who wear huge, unflattering underpants.

Dude. It sounds like your brother seriously looks up to you and is trying to impress you (and others) because he feels so inadequate. My younger bro does a lot of the same thing. I know he's lying half the time. I tell him he doesn't have to impress me. I'm his brother no matter what. He still does it from time to time.

I imagine there's some truth to that. But he's my little brother. I have a license to rag on him, even if I didn't call him on his BS at the time ;)

The tomato is neither a fruit nor a vegetable--it is instead an egg.

You don't want to see what lays them, either.

M

Matt²

This
is by far the best meal you will ever eat. Anything else will pale in comparison due to the fact that you altered one ingredients' instructions - you doubled the milk in the recipe.

The G8 Economic Summit is a decoy.

Instead, the real business of managing the global economy takes place at the Sturgis Motorcycle Rally.

Duct tape is the worlds best contraceptive!

4chan is probably the most sane group of people you could ever find on the internet!.

Status
Not open for further replies.