[Music] our national nightmare is over: Taylor Swift has dropped new music video, album Oct 27th

I like a lot of pop music. I can't listen to the chorus of "Dark Horse" without singing it at the top of my lungs.

That song is awful

The only thing I ever liked about TS was that she is a hockey fan.

However, she has apparently gotten off the Predators bandwagon and has ensconced herself onto the Kings.

Cue "WE are NEVER EVER EVER Getting Back Together" video.

I like it when she appropriated black culture in order to be cool, glad to know racism is still alive and well and pop music.

Dave

Staff member
This will get played a million times and everyone who likes it now will be sick of it soon enough. Most of us hate it because we're not the target demographic.

Lord knows I'm not.

I'm not. It's gross appropriation of black culture to earn her cool points and make money. It's racism in one if it's most innocuous forms and the best part is it's pop friendly! Everyone wins!*

*except black people

**Dont worry, I hear some of Tay-Tays best friends are black! So it's cool!

I really don't think it's on the level of the Miley Cyrus VMAs or the Lily Allen video or the Avril Lavigne video. Taylor didn't other twerking, she presented it as on equal footing with ballet and other "legitimate" forms of dancing. The entire premise behind the video is her failing at those dances clumsily. It's not her singling out twerking as "weird / bad / impossible to do", it's treated the same as all the other dances.

Just watched the video finally.

I don't think it's Grammy-worthy or anything. It just looks to me like a song about, "People have expectations and keep trying to fit me in a mold, I don't fit there, I'm gonna bust loose and do my own thing."

She still reminds me a lot of Alexondra Lee for some reason.

--Patrick

Last edited:
I don't normally like Taylor Swift, in fact most of her music is rather dull to me.

This is catchy. I mean, it's kinda mindless pop music, but it's not bad mindless pop music.

I like it when she appropriated black culture in order to be cool, glad to know racism is still alive and well and pop music.
How is shaking your ass an aspect of a culture? That's kind of insulting and racist.

Also, cultural appropriation is stupid bullshit. If you're wearing it as a Halloween costume, I can see that as insulting the culture, but an everyday outfit is an everyday outfit. If a clothing has a specific purpose in a culture and it's just being worn as an accessory, I can see that. But really ...

"Don't wear that outfit, it belongs to another culture."
"Don't dance that way, it's not your culture."
"Don't wear your hair that way, it's someone else's culture."
"Don't speak that language, it's the language of another culture."
"Don't eat that food, that isn't part of your culture."
"Don't date that person, he's from another culture."

Eventually we can get back to being segregated and apart from each other. The SJWs sometimes come off as more racist than the supposed racists they're fighting, when they're really just stupid teenagers.

I mean, look around where you sit. Guess I shouldn't have had Chipotle last night, "THAT WAS CULTURAL APPROPRIATION". Guess I shouldn't use this computer designed in Japan, "THAT WAS CULTURAL APPROPRIATION". I don't even know where the fuck my clothes and such come from. Is my hairstyle from another culture? I can't tell. But if I shave it off, what if that's another culture? Look at all these inventions and ideas around us that were created by different cultures. Together, we've created an amazing world. But no, let's partition off pieces of it as exclusive and keep away from each other and never share art, fashion, music, ideas, history, etc.

And so often I see people from the supposedly appropriated culture have to explain "We don't care" or "We like seeing our culture spread" and the SJWs still not get it.

Last edited:
I'm sorry, Espy, I'm not mad at you. Every one of those stupid examples I've seen on Tumblr. This is just one stupid thing I'm sick of seeing.

I'm sorry, Espy, I'm not mad at you. Every one of those stupid examples I've seen on Tumblr. This is just one stupid thing I'm sick of seeing.
There are a few tumblrs dedicated to showing those SJWs how stupid they are.

Cultural appropriation is not a white guy having gyudon for lunch. Cultural appropriation is taking a made up word as your school's nickname, and then surrounding it with Native American imagery because it sounds similar to another real Native American tribe.

And yet, with as much scrutiny Washington is under lately, there's no discussion whatsoever about my old HS changing their name. Go figure.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

My Facebook/twitter didn't explode so I assume she didn't twerk in anyone's crotch.

Though come to think of it, why was that such a big deal anyways?

Though come to think of it, why was that such a big deal anyways?
0004470007196_500X500.jpg

See these?

When you see round, crinkle-cut pickles on your burger, you think to yourself, "Oho! Looks like I'm going to get some crunchy sweetness in every bite," because you have been trained that round, crinkle-cut pickles are sweet and it's the long spears that are dill.
But then, when you take a big, healthy bite and your tongue starts burning and your eyes start to water, you think OH GOD WHY THE HORROR...not because it is spicy, but because you were expecting something completely different.

That's why Miley's performance has caused such a stir. It's probably what she intended, too.

--Patrick

This wasn't that bad.

Nicki Minaj's new single? That's pretty fucking bad, considering not even sampling Sir Mix-A-Lot could save it (also considering the sample is about 80% of the song anyway).