okay, Ask Me Anything

Status
Not open for further replies.
I live 45 minutes from Houston. Do you want to go shoot guns with me?
No, thanks. It really isn't anything personal against you, I've refused to go shooting (range/hunting) with some good friends in the past.[DOUBLEPOST=1358349226][/DOUBLEPOST]
You don't seem like a lover of violence, but if you HAD to punch one person, whom would you punch?
Probably whatever right wing puppet / fox news asshole I read last.[DOUBLEPOST=1358349309][/DOUBLEPOST]
10 bucks on Michael Bay
I have a lot of respect for Michael Bay. He's an auteur, and he's extremely talented. No one makes action movies like Michael Bay. Just ask Battleship if you're wondering how "easy" it is to make a movie like Michael Bay does.[DOUBLEPOST=1358349526][/DOUBLEPOST]
Are you aware that you were the first person to ever create an AMA thread on Halforums?

I remember.
Yeah, I remembered that when I saw these all popping up. I was gonna be too cool for school and not do it, BUT the perfect storm of work being quite slow + me being kind of insubordinate and not wanting to push myself very hard lately + just general boredom and narcissism hit, so here I am.[DOUBLEPOST=1358349590][/DOUBLEPOST]
You're on. I'm betting Tom Hopper. *slaps cash down*
It's Tom Hooper! And I don't really hate him, just the Academy. He's not even a BAD filmmaker, he's just really mediocre.[DOUBLEPOST=1358349818][/DOUBLEPOST]
Read the short story "The Lady and the Tiger". Which door do you hope for?
Which door do I hope for? I mean. The Lady. I don't want anyone to get eaten alive by a tiger. It would be heartbreak and sadness for everyone, but you can get over that and move on with your life. You can't get over being eaten alive by a tiger.

If you mean which one I think she chose? I hate to cop out, but I have no idea.[DOUBLEPOST=1358349883][/DOUBLEPOST]
Would you ever consider adapting one of your movie ideas to something else, like a novel, or work with an artist to make a comic or something?
I don't really have interest in writing a book / novel. I honestly don't know if someone came to me and wanted to adapt my idea or something, if I'd let them, before I had even written a script? I mean. That's weird. It would never happen. As far as comics, I honestly have no idea how those work.

Should you come into sufficient money to move where you want world-wide and get settled, but not enough to never have to work again, where would you move to?

Should you come into sufficient money to move where you want world-wide and get settled, but not enough to never have to work again, where would you move to?
I'm trying to figure the answer to this question. Probably Chicago right now. Maybe London, maybe Vegas, maybe Seattle, maybe Los Angeles, maybe NYC.

I can't do both?
You're able to legally keep any actual existing animal as a pet. What do you want and why?
I like kitties and big dogs, SO I would go with some kind of big cat that loves me and won't maul me to death in my sleep. Maybe a tiger that is domesticated somehow through a combination of science and magic.[DOUBLEPOST=1360459609][/DOUBLEPOST]
Are you an alcoholic?
Nah! It runs in my family, but I really never feel a compulsion to drink. I'm much more clinically depressed. When I feel really shitty, I never drink since I know it will only make things worse. I've also not drank for a really long time without like, withdrawal.

Three of your favourite superhero movies. Just because I finished watching Captain America and The Avengers, so superhero flicks are on my mind. I could say comic book movies, but that opens up far too many others, like Road to Perdition and A History of Violence.

Three of your favourite superhero movies. Just because I finished watching Captain America and The Avengers, so superhero flicks are on my mind. I could say comic book movies, but that opens up far too many others, like Road to Perdition and A History of Violence.
Road to Perdition is legit in my top 10-15 of all time I believe.

But straight up Superhero movies? I'm biased. I fucking love Spider-Man. Sorry. It'll be Spider-Man 2 at the top for a while.

1) Spider-Man 2
2) The Dark Knight - the Joker is one of the best performances in years. Full Stop.
3) Captain America - I've shit all over the Marvels Comics series of movies, but this was really a great success. Electric villain performance, really fun and meaningful action sequences, and a pretty jarring and hardcore ending that didn't really pull punches.

You said three, but I'm giving Honorable Mention to X2, First Stand, The Amazing Spider-Man, and Blade 2.[DOUBLEPOST=1360460275][/DOUBLEPOST]
Do you play any instruments? If not, are they any you want to learn how to play?
I played the Recorder in school, but that doesn't really count does it?!?!?!

I learned really good at drums in Rock Band 2. That doesn't really count, but I've heard it's pretty close to real drums, and I've seriously thought about getting a decent Electric Drum Kit and giving it a go in my apartment. But not yet. I really like playing drums and rhythm.

B

BErt

Alcohol of choice when you're A'ing Q's?

Are you usually particular about the kind/type/brand of your favorite alcohol or do you just drink what's available?

Alcohol of choice when you're A'ing Q's?

Are you usually particular about the kind/type/brand of your favorite alcohol or do you just drink what's available?
I vastly prefer Jack Daniels for whiskey. Partially because it's my local Tennessee Whiskey and I have weird loyalty toward them.

HOWEVER

Tonight I'm docking at James's (sic) Harbor. Which is super cheap ($10 for 1.75L) 151 Proof Rum.

Beer-wise, I like.... Yuengling, Killian's, Shiner, Rolling Rock, and Newcastle off the top of my head.

Wine-wise, I mostly like only reds

Why don't you surf? Thats right, somebody had to ask it. I AM A HERO!

As I said earlier, see: Apocalypse Now

honest answer: I have no balance[DOUBLEPOST=1360462824][/DOUBLEPOST]
I am drinking whiskey and wondering: what have I done with my life?
Watch the Concert Film "Stop Making Sense"[DOUBLEPOST=1360462859][/DOUBLEPOST]
Favorite type of red wine?
I honestly haven't had much ritzy / nice Red Wine. I mostly drink Rex Goliath.

Awful?! In the all mighty words of Dogulas Walker "FUCK YOU ITS DIE-HARD!" Don't feel shame in loving Die hard. Nothing to do with this post but I AM TOASTED!

Zappit

Staff member
Apparently The Sandlot had a sequel a few years back, but it looks like they made the same movie with new kids. It's a remake with a 2, making it a sequel.

Does this Moebius strip of a remake/sequel, which is supposed to be quite terrible, somehow diminish the original film, or is it more of a "kill it and wear its skin" type situation?

UGH! I don't need to watch the Sandlot sequel to know its bad. "You fight like a girl!" "EXCUSE ME?!" WE GET IT! SEXISM IS BAD! That has nothing to do with the original movie though! Don't try to force some agenda on a good PG kids film!

How much wood could a woodchuck chuck if a woodchuck could chuck wood?

Assuming he isn't bowing down to the heteronormative patriarchy.

Status
Not open for further replies.