Export thread

okay, Ask Me Anything

Charlie Don't Surf

Charlie Don't Surf

alright, let's do this.

Bumble the Boy Wonder

Bumble the Boy Wonder

YES!

What is one of your favorite movie scenes of all time? For any reason you want- cinematography, acting, dialogue, etc

Zappit

Zappit

I'd say we're both liberals, Charlie, but you take it to extremes at times. That's something that tends to be caused by experience. So, Charlie, what was that life-changing experience?

Jay

Jay

Do you have any friends?

Chad Sexington

Chad Sexington

When I make it to Texas at some point in the undefined future, will you buy me a beer?

Charlie Don't Surf

Charlie Don't Surf

YES!

What is one of your favorite movie scenes of all time? For any reason you want- cinematography, acting, dialogue, etc
This is a really hard one. I haven't thought much of single scenes that are amazing. I think I'm going to go with the first one that came to mind - Boogie Nights - when Mark Wahlberg is on Alfred Molina's couch. This is a scene I think about a lot, and it's the scene that causes the most drastic physical reaction out of me. Every time. Even though I know everything that's about to happen down to the minutia, every time I see this movie and see this scene, my hands sweat uncontrollably and I get incredibly anxious. It's a master-class of tension ratcheting up exponentially with each second. This is a column / piece I wish I had written: http://www.avclub.com/articles/boogie-nights,30300/ I think the 10-20 second close up of Mark Wahlberg's face is the best acting he's ever done in his life. This is also the only scene Alfred Molina is in in the entire movie, and he is just... electric and terrifying in just a few minutes, effortlessly. This scene has also made Sister Christian "Night Ranger" a really epic song somehow. Also forever changed how I feel when I hear "Jessie's Girl".

Honorable mentions: opening scene of Inglourious Basterds, "Mad as hell" from Network, meeting the Sirens in O Brother Where Art Thou, "a million dollars isn't cool, you know what's cool? A billion dollars" from Social Network, the opening of Jaws, expectations vs reality in (500) Days of Summer

ThatNickGuy

ThatNickGuy

How are things?

Azurephoenix

Azurephoenix

What do you consider one of the worst big budget movies ever? (poor story, poor acting, poor effects, poor audio, etc).

If you can't decide you can choose up to three.

Charlie Don't Surf

Charlie Don't Surf

I'd say we're both liberals, Charlie, but you take it to extremes at times. That's something that tends to be caused by experience. So, Charlie, what was that life-changing experience?
I dunno. I grew up a Young Republican, went to college and became a Ron Paul Libertarian, then moved to Austin TX and started slowly shifting more and more liberal. It just kind of naturally grew out of A) being poor and B) being around all those people Republicans and Libertarians demonize, like gays, transsexuals, women, the poor, etc etc etc and realizing they weren't trying to destroy America.[DOUBLEPOST=1358287541][/DOUBLEPOST]
Do you have any friends?
I have a super super tight group of friends in the immediate city/area (Houston+Austin). I have some lingering friends in the Nashville area from college and high school. And then a kind of wide net of online friends, mostly that I met on the other Kurtz cast-off forum (opolis). But to be honest, since college, it's been hard meeting new people. But a lot of people have that. Everyone from that super tight group of friends I either met on the other forum or they were a friend of someone I met there, etc.[DOUBLEPOST=1358287650][/DOUBLEPOST]
When I make it to Texas at some point in the undefined future, will you buy me a beer?
Texas is hella big, I can't commit to going out to Lubbock or up to the panhandle, but if you're near Houston, sure. I stand by that I would hang out with / have an impromptu forum meet with any HF-ite in Texas or passing through Houston. I swear I'm not a frothing jerk in person as much as I am here. It's just a function of dropping myself in a place where I disagree with most everyone, I 'spose.[DOUBLEPOST=1358287982][/DOUBLEPOST]
How are things?
2012 was probably the shittiest year of my life! Stuff is kind of still bad, I'm not doing a good job of taking care of myself lately. I'm eating really poorly, and letting work get to me way too much. And I'm hitting a breaking point with my job to where I'm nearly actively looking for new jobs during working hours. And job searching is super anxiety-inducing and doesn't help all that previous stuff. I'm also in between therapists/psychiatrists, and that whole process is another stressful thing I am bad at. Life is hard, I hate capitalism, I want out of this whole trap and it's mostly impossible to get out without a large sum of money falling into my lap.[DOUBLEPOST=1358288418][/DOUBLEPOST]
What do you consider one of the worst big budget movies ever? (poor story, poor acting, poor effects, poor audio, etc).

If you can't decide you can choose up to three.
Transformers 2 is the first thing that jumped to mind. It's so bad. It's so awful on so many different levels and in so many different ways.
Quantum of Solace I also hated vigorously and has a surprisingly huge budget.
I also want to say Avatar and Avengers, but they're not really BAD, just mediocre-annoying.

Chad Sexington

Chad Sexington

<snip> I'm not doing a good job of taking care of myself lately. <snip> I want out of this whole trap and it's mostly impossible to get out without a large sum of money falling into my lap.
I can't tell you how much I sympathise with these two statements.

Also fwiw, you're not a jerk (frothing or otherwise).

Officer_Charon

Officer_Charon

You seem like a nice enough sort, honestly. Why do you seem to go out of your way to antagonize people here? Is it a case of prodding people who you feel are resting too comfortably on a subject that you think should be discussed more?

Tress

Tress

What question do you really want someone to ask you here? Is there a story or something about you that you would really like to tell?

Bumble the Boy Wonder

Bumble the Boy Wonder

Do you think video games should tell epic stories, or just be fun things to fill time?

HCGLNS

HCGLNS

What is your favourite Monty Python sketch?

Charlie Don't Surf

Charlie Don't Surf

You seem like a nice enough sort, honestly. Why do you seem to go out of your way to antagonize people here? Is it a case of prodding people who you feel are resting too comfortably on a subject that you think should be discussed more?
I dunno why I do things sometimes. I don't like to stay silent when people say stuff that is kind of problematic, and I guess I'm just trying to expose people to different views, but I do it in a kind of bad way since I've just been... I dunno, raised in snark instead of earnest conversation.[DOUBLEPOST=1358291270][/DOUBLEPOST]
What question do you really want someone to ask you here? Is there a story or something about you that you would really like to tell?
I like blabbing about movies and TV. I am proud of my short career as a pro poker player and did some kind of funny /degenerate stuff and a good handful of the people I associated with then are millionaires and on TV playing poker often. But that's kind of a twosided brag. Yeah, they are, but I'm the guy that didn't really make it and now is stuck in a dead end job with no money. It's not for lack of talent or bad luck or anything, I chose to "grow up" and try to get a real job, and now I'm stuck in a position where the barrier of entry to playing poker is really high since it's effectively banned online.[DOUBLEPOST=1358291350][/DOUBLEPOST]
Do you think video games should tell epic stories, or just be fun things to fill time?
I've very slowly and steadily gotten out of video games. I was super hardcore into Halo and Super Smash Bros in college, but then I kind of gradually only played Rock Band, sports games, and the latest Grand Theft Auto afterwards... and now I only use my PS3 as a Blu-Ray player.

But even, that being said, I don't see any reason why they can't be both.

Bumble the Boy Wonder

Bumble the Boy Wonder

Have you ever wanted to make movies? Had any ideas for films that you wanted to make?

Charlie Don't Surf

Charlie Don't Surf

What is your favourite Monty Python sketch?
This is going to torpedo my cred, but I really have almost zero exposure to Monty Python other than seeing Holy Grail like 4-5 times at various parties when I was in various states of not paying attention, inebriation, or some combination of the two. I think I've seen a couple of the super famous sketches on youtube, but not really enough to say for sure / remember super specific ones I liked.

Tress

Tress

What was the highest amount of money you ever won in a single poker game?

HCGLNS

HCGLNS

This is going to torpedo my cred, but I really have almost zero exposure to Monty Python other than seeing Holy Grail like 4-5 times at various parties when I was in various states of not paying attention, inebriation, or some combination of the two. I think I've seen a couple of the super famous sketches on youtube, but not really enough to say for sure / remember super specific ones I liked.

Charlie Don't Surf

Charlie Don't Surf

Have you ever wanted to make movies? Had any ideas for films that you wanted to make?
I am a shitty aspiring filmmaker like every mook that likes movies and watches a billion of them and thinks that makes them special. I have done like... maybe a dozen or so ideas that have gotten to the really detailed outline stage, but I just sputter out of fear I guess when it gets to the actual scriptwriting stage. There's a couple that I've gotten around 10-20 pages written, but again, I just lock up and don't finish it. The two I'm batting around right now are a feature film adaptation of the Frank Ocean song "Novocaine", and a sci-fi-ish high concept movie where there's a curse/whatever thing where someone has to murder someone every 100 hours or else - ( I haven't figured this part out).

My favorite script I've written is fan fiction for my friends of Star Trek The Next Generation. It is an ongoing series where I write it when I'm really really drunk and add on to it. I have never seen a full episode of TNG, just heard people talk about it a lot. I just kind of make up what people are like or just ask a friend if Picard hates Worf or whatever. The title is "The Rise and Fall of the Third Riker" (my idea), and it's about a third Riker brother that travels through time and becomes the leader of Nazi Germany, and then the crew of the Enterprise has to stop him.[DOUBLEPOST=1358292329][/DOUBLEPOST]
What was the highest amount of money you ever won in a single poker game?
$5,600 in a tournament (and this was 2nd place. Dammit). Cash game... I think around $3,000 in one sitting / session. I got down to the last ~3 tables in really huge tournaments where 1st-5th or so got 6 figures (or as I liked to call it "fuck you money"), and been really close to 5 figure cashes another bunch of times.

Bumble the Boy Wonder

Bumble the Boy Wonder

Do you think the zombie genre is beaten to death?

Charlie Don't Surf

Charlie Don't Surf

Do you think the zombie genre is beaten to death?
It's a thing / setting rich with storytelling potential, but there's just a lot of bad and I personally am tired of it. I pulled the cord on Walking Dead after the second season premiere and haven't looked back. That Warm Bodies thing might be fun? I just don't care anymore. I might watch World War Z.

North_Ranger

North_Ranger

What's your zombie plan?

Charlie Don't Surf

Charlie Don't Surf

What's your zombie plan?
kill myself

Bumble the Boy Wonder

Bumble the Boy Wonder

I'm developing a zombie comedy movie. Would you watch my ZomCom?

Wahad

Wahad

When watching movies, do you go with popcorn or something else? If popcorn, sweet or salted?

Charlie Don't Surf

Charlie Don't Surf

I dunno, if it looked good? I saw and mostly enjoyed Zombieland even though it was kind of a bald-faced cash grab.[DOUBLEPOST=1358294698][/DOUBLEPOST]
When watching movies, do you go with popcorn or something else? If popcorn, sweet or salted?
At the theater, mostly popcorn with that gross not-butter sauce and coke zero. At home, I usually eat while watching movies, but it's just whatever I'm eating at the time, not any specific "movie food".

Jay

Jay

I have a super super tight group of friends in the immediate city/area (Houston+Austin). I have some lingering friends in the Nashville area from college and high school. And then a kind of wide net of online friends, mostly that I met on the other Kurtz cast-off forum (opolis). But to be honest, since college, it's been hard meeting new people. But a lot of people have that. Everyone from that super tight group of friends I either met on the other forum or they were a friend of someone I met there, etc.

tumblr_mfrgqviqHe1rrkavbo1_400.gif

Charlie Don't Surf

Charlie Don't Surf

now, that's uncalled for

CrimsonSoul

CrimsonSoul

I live 45 minutes from Houston. Do you want to go shoot guns with me?

Cajungal

Cajungal

You don't seem like a lover of violence, but if you HAD to punch one person, whom would you punch?

Bumble the Boy Wonder

Bumble the Boy Wonder

10 bucks on Michael Bay

bhamv3

bhamv3

Are you aware that you were the first person to ever create an AMA thread on Halforums?

I remember.

ThatNickGuy

ThatNickGuy

10 bucks on Michael Bay
You're on. I'm betting Tom Hopper. *slaps cash down*

Zappit

Zappit

Would be tough to beat Shaun of the Dead.

Now there's that new zombie comedy Warm Bodies. Zombie romance. A RomZomCom.

But back on topic...

Read the short story "The Lady and the Tiger". Which door do you hope for?

Gusto

Gusto

Would you ever consider adapting one of your movie ideas to something else, like a novel, or work with an artist to make a comic or something?

Charlie Don't Surf

Charlie Don't Surf

I live 45 minutes from Houston. Do you want to go shoot guns with me?
No, thanks. It really isn't anything personal against you, I've refused to go shooting (range/hunting) with some good friends in the past.[DOUBLEPOST=1358349226][/DOUBLEPOST]
You don't seem like a lover of violence, but if you HAD to punch one person, whom would you punch?
Probably whatever right wing puppet / fox news asshole I read last.[DOUBLEPOST=1358349309][/DOUBLEPOST]
10 bucks on Michael Bay
I have a lot of respect for Michael Bay. He's an auteur, and he's extremely talented. No one makes action movies like Michael Bay. Just ask Battleship if you're wondering how "easy" it is to make a movie like Michael Bay does.[DOUBLEPOST=1358349526][/DOUBLEPOST]
Are you aware that you were the first person to ever create an AMA thread on Halforums?

I remember.
Yeah, I remembered that when I saw these all popping up. I was gonna be too cool for school and not do it, BUT the perfect storm of work being quite slow + me being kind of insubordinate and not wanting to push myself very hard lately + just general boredom and narcissism hit, so here I am.[DOUBLEPOST=1358349590][/DOUBLEPOST]
You're on. I'm betting Tom Hopper. *slaps cash down*
It's Tom Hooper! And I don't really hate him, just the Academy. He's not even a BAD filmmaker, he's just really mediocre.[DOUBLEPOST=1358349818][/DOUBLEPOST]
Read the short story "The Lady and the Tiger". Which door do you hope for?
Which door do I hope for? I mean. The Lady. I don't want anyone to get eaten alive by a tiger. It would be heartbreak and sadness for everyone, but you can get over that and move on with your life. You can't get over being eaten alive by a tiger.

If you mean which one I think she chose? I hate to cop out, but I have no idea.[DOUBLEPOST=1358349883][/DOUBLEPOST]
Would you ever consider adapting one of your movie ideas to something else, like a novel, or work with an artist to make a comic or something?
I don't really have interest in writing a book / novel. I honestly don't know if someone came to me and wanted to adapt my idea or something, if I'd let them, before I had even written a script? I mean. That's weird. It would never happen. As far as comics, I honestly have no idea how those work.

ThatNickGuy

ThatNickGuy

Booyah! Pay up, Bumble the Boy Wonder!

CrimsonSoul

CrimsonSoul

Well so much for a Halforums houston meetup then lol

Charlie Don't Surf

Charlie Don't Surf

There are places people can meet in public that don't involve shooting guns!

Azurephoenix

Azurephoenix

Laser tag! ;)

strawman

strawman

Should you come into sufficient money to move where you want world-wide and get settled, but not enough to never have to work again, where would you move to?

Charlie Don't Surf

Charlie Don't Surf

Should you come into sufficient money to move where you want world-wide and get settled, but not enough to never have to work again, where would you move to?
I'm trying to figure the answer to this question. Probably Chicago right now. Maybe London, maybe Vegas, maybe Seattle, maybe Los Angeles, maybe NYC.

sixpackshaker

sixpackshaker

...not in Texas.

LordRendar

LordRendar

who is charlie,and why shouldnt he surf?

Charlie Don't Surf

Charlie Don't Surf

who is charlie,and why shouldnt he surf?
Watch the film "Apocalypse Now".

Charlie Don't Surf

Charlie Don't Surf

I'm drunk and bumping this because fuck you, that's why.

Charlie Don't Surf

Charlie Don't Surf

don't like my post, ask me something

BErt

don't like my post, ask me something
I can't do both?
You're able to legally keep any actual existing animal as a pet. What do you want and why?

Ravenpoe

Ravenpoe

Are you an alcoholic?

Charlie Don't Surf

Charlie Don't Surf

I can't do both?
You're able to legally keep any actual existing animal as a pet. What do you want and why?
I like kitties and big dogs, SO I would go with some kind of big cat that loves me and won't maul me to death in my sleep. Maybe a tiger that is domesticated somehow through a combination of science and magic.[DOUBLEPOST=1360459609][/DOUBLEPOST]
Are you an alcoholic?
Nah! It runs in my family, but I really never feel a compulsion to drink. I'm much more clinically depressed. When I feel really shitty, I never drink since I know it will only make things worse. I've also not drank for a really long time without like, withdrawal.

ThatNickGuy

ThatNickGuy

Three of your favourite superhero movies. Just because I finished watching Captain America and The Avengers, so superhero flicks are on my mind. I could say comic book movies, but that opens up far too many others, like Road to Perdition and A History of Violence.

Tress

Tress

Do you play any instruments? If not, are they any you want to learn how to play?

Charlie Don't Surf

Charlie Don't Surf

Three of your favourite superhero movies. Just because I finished watching Captain America and The Avengers, so superhero flicks are on my mind. I could say comic book movies, but that opens up far too many others, like Road to Perdition and A History of Violence.
Road to Perdition is legit in my top 10-15 of all time I believe.

But straight up Superhero movies? I'm biased. I fucking love Spider-Man. Sorry. It'll be Spider-Man 2 at the top for a while.

1) Spider-Man 2
2) The Dark Knight - the Joker is one of the best performances in years. Full Stop.
3) Captain America - I've shit all over the Marvels Comics series of movies, but this was really a great success. Electric villain performance, really fun and meaningful action sequences, and a pretty jarring and hardcore ending that didn't really pull punches.

You said three, but I'm giving Honorable Mention to X2, First Stand, The Amazing Spider-Man, and Blade 2.[DOUBLEPOST=1360460275][/DOUBLEPOST]
Do you play any instruments? If not, are they any you want to learn how to play?
I played the Recorder in school, but that doesn't really count does it?!?!?!

I learned really good at drums in Rock Band 2. That doesn't really count, but I've heard it's pretty close to real drums, and I've seriously thought about getting a decent Electric Drum Kit and giving it a go in my apartment. But not yet. I really like playing drums and rhythm.

ThatNickGuy

ThatNickGuy

I personally don't think Raimi's Spidey movies have aged well, but I'm hardly going to argue with your choices. :)

BErt

Alcohol of choice when you're A'ing Q's?

Are you usually particular about the kind/type/brand of your favorite alcohol or do you just drink what's available?

Bumble the Boy Wonder

Bumble the Boy Wonder

Do you think the MPAA could do a better job of handling the ratings system? Any ideas of what should be done in terms of handing out ratings to films?

Charlie Don't Surf

Charlie Don't Surf

Alcohol of choice when you're A'ing Q's?

Are you usually particular about the kind/type/brand of your favorite alcohol or do you just drink what's available?
I vastly prefer Jack Daniels for whiskey. Partially because it's my local Tennessee Whiskey and I have weird loyalty toward them.

HOWEVER

Tonight I'm docking at James's (sic) Harbor. Which is super cheap ($10 for 1.75L) 151 Proof Rum.

Beer-wise, I like.... Yuengling, Killian's, Shiner, Rolling Rock, and Newcastle off the top of my head.

Wine-wise, I mostly like only reds

Yoshimickster

Yoshimickster

Why don't you surf? Thats right, somebody had to ask it. I AM A HERO!

Chad Sexington

Chad Sexington

I am drinking whiskey and wondering: what have I done with my life?

Cajungal

Cajungal

Wine-wise, I mostly like only reds
Favorite type of red wine?

Charlie Don't Surf

Charlie Don't Surf

Why don't you surf? Thats right, somebody had to ask it. I AM A HERO!

As I said earlier, see: Apocalypse Now

honest answer: I have no balance[DOUBLEPOST=1360462824][/DOUBLEPOST]
I am drinking whiskey and wondering: what have I done with my life?
Watch the Concert Film "Stop Making Sense"[DOUBLEPOST=1360462859][/DOUBLEPOST]
Favorite type of red wine?
I honestly haven't had much ritzy / nice Red Wine. I mostly drink Rex Goliath.

SpecialKO

SpecialKO

Favorite Christmas movie?

Charlie Don't Surf

Charlie Don't Surf

Favorite Christmas movie?
I am a shitty person and I pick Die Hard since I am a stereotype and awful

Yoshimickster

Yoshimickster

Awful?! In the all mighty words of Dogulas Walker "FUCK YOU ITS DIE-HARD!" Don't feel shame in loving Die hard. Nothing to do with this post but I AM TOASTED!

Charlie Don't Surf

Charlie Don't Surf

Awful?! In the all mighty words of Dogulas Walker "FUCK YOU ITS DIE-HARD!" Don't feel shame in loving Die hard. Nothing to do with this post but I AM TOASTED!
okay the original Die Hard is awesome but we will see about "it's a good day to die hard"

Zappit

Zappit

Apparently The Sandlot had a sequel a few years back, but it looks like they made the same movie with new kids. It's a remake with a 2, making it a sequel.

Does this Moebius strip of a remake/sequel, which is supposed to be quite terrible, somehow diminish the original film, or is it more of a "kill it and wear its skin" type situation?

Yoshimickster

Yoshimickster

UGH! I don't need to watch the Sandlot sequel to know its bad. "You fight like a girl!" "EXCUSE ME?!" WE GET IT! SEXISM IS BAD! That has nothing to do with the original movie though! Don't try to force some agenda on a good PG kids film!

Ravenpoe

Ravenpoe

UGH! I don't need to watch the Sandlot sequel to know its bad. "You fight like a girl!" "EXCUSE ME?!" WE GET IT! SEXISM IS BAD! That has nothing to do with the original movie though! Don't try to force some agenda on a good PG kids film!
Uh, that's in just about every kids sports movie. It's even a trope. http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/YouGoGirl

Charlie Don't Surf

Charlie Don't Surf

I quote the great Jay-Z.

It's not real to me, therefore, it doesn't therefore exist

so poof, vamoose, son of a bitch

Bowielee

Bowielee

How much wood could a woodchuck chuck if a woodchuck could chuck wood?

Assuming he isn't bowing down to the heteronormative patriarchy.

Charlie Don't Surf

Charlie Don't Surf

How much wood could a woodchuck chuck if a woodchuck could chuck wood?

Assuming he isn't bowing down to the heteronormative patriarchy.
um, chucking wood is phallic and sexist

LordRendar

LordRendar

Is there any place outside the US that you really would like to visit?
And if yes,why.

Charlie Don't Surf

Charlie Don't Surf

Is there any place outside the US that you really would like to visit?
And if yes,why.
I'd like to visit Europe just to see all the....really old shit and art and architecture and all that good stuff. I'd also like to see the Great Wall of China and the Egyptian Pyramids.

Chad Sexington

Chad Sexington

I'm thinking about forming an anarchist movement and opposing the surveillance state. Should we have hats, jackets, or a secret handshake? Please suggest a logo for the clothing, or the actions in the handshake.

Bubble181

Bubble181

I'd like to visit Europe just to see all the....really old shit and art and architecture and all that good stuff. I'd also like to see the Great Wall of China and the Egyptian Pyramids.
PPPpbbbbfffft, "Europe" is way too easy an answer. I want to visit "the World", too.

Charlie Don't Surf

Charlie Don't Surf

Does anyone want some truth? I'm drunk as fuck in valentine's day and alone.

Dave

Dave

How do you feel about your internet infamy?

BananaHands

BananaHands

Will you be my valentine?

Charlie Don't Surf

Charlie Don't Surf

How do you feel about your internet infamy?
I dunno what that is. I just got banned for being horny.[DOUBLEPOST=1360901023][/DOUBLEPOST]
Will you be my valentine?
um, unequivocably YES

BananaHands

BananaHands

Wait I don't know if I should be hugging you if
I dunno what that is. I just got banned for being horny.

Charlie Don't Surf

Charlie Don't Surf

Wait I don't know if I should be hugging you if
my penis will not poke against you, "bananahands"

Yoshimickster

Yoshimickster

If you could commit any crime and get away with it, what would it be?

Charlie Don't Surf

Charlie Don't Surf

If you could commit any crime and get away with it, what would it be?
Stealing a metric fuckton of money from some old money-ed super rich family that isn't investing it or running a company with it at the time.

Charlie Don't Surf

Charlie Don't Surf

bump, I'm a sheep, I am way ahead on my work today

BananaHands

BananaHands

You are given a button that, every time you press it, it gives a specific person on the forums the feeling of a titty-twister. Who would you assign that button to?

Chad Sexington

Chad Sexington

Did you ever crack open a magic 8 ball to see what that shit was?

Charlie Don't Surf

Charlie Don't Surf

You are given a button that, every time you press it, it gives a specific person on the forums the feeling of a titty-twister. Who would you assign that button to?
I'm not going to answer a "who do you hate the most" question :([DOUBLEPOST=1369939093][/DOUBLEPOST]
Did you ever crack open a magic 8 ball to see what that shit was?
No, but I have done that to Lava Lamps

Chad Sexington

Chad Sexington

Oooh what is it?

Charlie Don't Surf

Charlie Don't Surf

Oooh what is it?
I don't remember, it was just gross goo

Charlie Don't Surf

Charlie Don't Surf

I'm drunk, but I'm not Riley Cooper Drunk, so "ask me anything"?

Yoshimickster

Yoshimickster

How many fights have you been in, and if not why?

Charlie Don't Surf

Charlie Don't Surf

How many fights have you been in?

Sparring in karate probably doesn't count. If you're counting actual, like, holy shit, I am actually trying to beat the shit out of this person, and he is doing the same? Maybe 4-5.

There was a couple in grade school where I remember just fucking losing it and going after a bully (and getting mostly hit myself/losing). There was one in middle school with my very best friend where we just both went over the line and beat the shit out of each other. And in high school, there was one where I full on 100% started the fight and just kicked a guy's ass after him bullying me a lot. I don't think I've ever really been in a fight as an "Adult"[DOUBLEPOST=1375496287][/DOUBLEPOST]Remembered another one - in middle school I did a really stupid thing in my neighborhood - there was a group of kids like ~4 years older than us, and we had a rivalry, but it was really stupid since they were all bigger and stronger and faster etc than us just due to like. being older, and puberty.

So one day us little kids got the bright idea to prank them by pissing in super soakers and shooting them. This worked perfectly until they caught me and beat the everloving shit out of me. I guess it counts as a "fight" since I was trying, but they uh. just beat me pretty bad. It was probably the worst beating of my life? I didn't go to the hospital or anything, but

Yoshimickster

Yoshimickster

Same here, three of which involved major strikes to my head! Insert "This explains to much joke" here.

blotsfan

blotsfan

You could have sex with anyone in history, but there is no chance of a meaningful relationship coming from it. Who would it be?

Timmus

Timmus

When did you become a hockey fan? What about the predators made you want to be a fan?

Charlie Don't Surf

Charlie Don't Surf

You could have sex with anyone in history, but there is no chance of a meaningful relationship coming from it. Who would it be?
Marilyn Monroe[DOUBLEPOST=1375582155,1375582030][/DOUBLEPOST]
When did you become a hockey fan? What about the predators made you want to be a fan?
It was a pretty simple case of living in Nashville and having no pro teams until they showed up. Then I always went to Preds games instead of Titans because they were way cheaper. Going to the games live just made me fall in love and I haven't looked back.