[PC Game] Official TF2/L4D2 Thread!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Holy shit, 150 dollars, seriously? I could get like FIVE blowjobs for that D:

What's exactly up with the crates, though? I have a couple now, but from what I gather they're useless unless I BUY a key on the store, right? And then what the crate gives me is 100% random?

Wait.... my Bill Hat is worth 150$?

Where do I sell it?
Bill's isn't worth that kind of money. You could get like 9-10 keys though, or 20+ refined metal.

You need an Unusual to get that kind of money. Unusuals drop at something like 1% from Crates.

Holy shit, 150 dollars, seriously? I could get like FIVE blowjobs for that D:

What's exactly up with the crates, though? I have a couple now, but from what I gather they're useless unless I BUY a key on the store, right? And then what the crate gives me is 100% random?
Why that's an interesting question, you sexy Mexican you, I can't for the life of me imagine why no one has answered it, considering your charm and good looks, I'm afraid I don't know the answer but I'm sure someone will come along and give it soon. You deserve free shit, too, I think. Maybe even blowjobs.

Shit, so keys never drop... Valve is an evil genius. 3 dollars and you could get one of the most valuable items in the game, but most probably something you already got from drops, am I getting that right?

The only thing that comes from a crate that you can't craft/find dropped are the 1% Unusual hats or "Event" items. It's why they made TF2 free. They're making so so much more off the keys. I have a friend who buys 20-40 keys every pay period. He keeps all the unusual hats he gets and only trades off anything that his favorite classes can't wear.

figmentPez

Staff member
Crafting is only viable if you have like a shit ton of repeated stuff to make metal and tokens of, right?
Nah, there are recipes for each of the weapons. If you've got the right weapons you can make what you don't have, though generally trading is easier if you've got generous friends.

You guys should totally play more in the mornings.

Just sayin.

I played push the bomb by myself twice last night. I only died once.

The only thing that comes from a crate that you can't craft/find dropped are the 1% Unusual hats or "Event" items.
That's not entirely true... You can also get Strange Parts. They let you add something to your weapons that keeps track of things like how many headshots you've gotten with it or how many Heavy's you've killed. You can't currently get those from drops.

Calleja, generally speaking, if you open a crate, you usually have a 20% chance for a weapon, a 9% chance for one of the hats, and a 1% chance for an unusual hat (which can be ANY hat with ANY special effect, not just the ones listed on the crate). You can also get Strange Parts and Paint.

You can also get paint from random drops. I got a pink one, and painted my Heavy's Hound Dog. Yes, my Heavy has pink hair. When you've got a one-hundred-fifty kilogram gun that fires two hundred dollar custom tooled cartridges at ten thousand rounds per minute, you can go around with pink hair and not feel any less masculine.

GasBandit

Staff member
We really need to figure out how to populate the server with bots automatically I got on friday night, nobody was there, and we were on bot-capable maps with no bots >_<

Dave

Staff member
Definitive answer from Clanforge:

I'm afraid we do not support bots on our services due to the high CPU usage they carry.
So...we have to add bots ourselves each time and they can't be saved. So we have a couple of choices.

1. Go without bots.
  2. Find a different host. I have not paid for the year yet so this is a viable alternative.
  3. Give everyone (from the boards) the ability to do the commands and add bots.
So...how important are bots to you all?

GasBandit

Staff member
I can't speak for everyone, but without bots, whenever I see the server at 0 players I'll just move on to another server, probably for the remainder of the evening. If enough others feel that way, we can count on the server being a ghost town except when a concerted effort is made to schedule people to play together.

How much is all this? If it's 250 bucks a month they're ripping us off if there's no bot support.

Dave

Staff member
Two things:
  1. It's $225 a year because it's also a L4D2 server.
  2. This is why I'm making a schedule. I'll be putting up Events soon. So far we have Melee Mondays, Bumble's Wednesday Mania and Accomplishment Thursdays. Still don't have an answer as to when to hold events on weekends so the people overseas can participate.

I've hosted servers before and is a simple fact is that people will only join the server if there's something to do with their time. If it's just one player waiting or a 1 on 1... it's boring. If there's a minimum of placeholder bots that will provide at the very least a 4 on 4 then when people join, it'll give them a reason to join. If they do not provide bot support, well it's time to look at other hosts who do.

Also, I still don't see the logical reason why the server has L4D2 functionality.

It's true... if there are bots I will jump in and mess around regardless of whether there are no active players. Right now... I log in, check the player count... see it's zero and then find somewhere else to play.

Dave

Staff member
So far it sounds like we want bot support. I'll look around and see what I can find. But if you know of a good dedicated server farm that we might be able to have more than 1 game, please let me know.

We're probably going to have to find a different server host if we want bots, but they may charge more for it. However, having bots running WILL make it more active, if only because people will see numbers.

Honestly, we just need to schedule more events I think. When we know people will be there, people will be there.

Also, I still don't see the logical reason why the server has L4D2 functionality.
We were planning to do L4D2 nights as well, since the new (free) DLC is coming out soon, but switching over the server may prove to be too much of a hassle. It's something Dave will have to think about in the future.

It looks like it's a server mod. Is it possible for you to install mods?

There's a cvar in the .cfg that allows the mod to be turned on and off, so presumably, just turn it on for saturday evenings and keep it off the rest of the time.

Status
Not open for further replies.