Official Goblins (comic) Thread

Will Chief ultimately survive this encounter?

• Yes, Chief will survive

Votes: 2 15.4%
  • No, Chief will not survive

Votes: 10 76.9%
  • I can close this poll now?

Votes: 1 7.7%
  • When did we get that?

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Is there an official term for when Dies goes into Hand Mode? And if not, can we call it "Handing Out", as in Hulking Out?

Necronic

Staff member
Isn't the green goblin in the last panel the one that wasn't trying to hurt him? Make me think that the green stuff has a sense of justice to it, it doesn't just turn him into a murderous monster.

The green hand sort of seems child-like, so may have a child's sense of fairness. The green goblin was the one who didn't want to hurt him, and so the hand will let him live.

Of course, it's also possible the hand is totally psycho and will just murder the goblin anyway later.

I still can't access the archived strips and I don't want to read the new ones without seeing the ones I missed.

Mr. Thunt, please fix your website :p

North_Ranger

Staff member
Isn't the green goblin in the last panel the one that wasn't trying to hurt him? Make me think that the green stuff has a sense of justice to it, it doesn't just turn him into a murderous monster.
Dude, the hand just frickin' ripped a Viper goblin apart, vivisection-style.

Necronic

Staff member
Killing without reasoning behind the target. Way I see it the green thing was operating in self-defense. But like in a judge dredd way.

This is where the Orc proves how much of a bad ass he is and cuts off his foot. His Wisdom is off the charts, so he has to know what is coming.

Dave

Staff member
Didn't we have a comic at one time where they gave the stats for Mr. Fingers? And to save against the effect was actually fairly low?

Dave

Staff member
How would you work in cutting off a limb to a saving throw? Just add a bonus to the roll?
Not sure if you were addressing my comment, but I meant that the effect of Mr. Fingers to dissolve your limbs is a fairly low saving throw that nobody in the comic has even made once.

Not sure if you were addressing my comment, but I meant that the effect of Mr. Fingers to dissolve your limbs is a fairly low saving throw that nobody in the comic has even made once.
Sure, but if you had a PC that was infected through his foot in that way, and the in-character response to that infection was self-amputation, how would the GM work that into the mechanics (assuming he/she allowed the PC that escape route in the first place, of course).

It would definitely take a Healing/Medicine/Whatever roll to do the emergency amputation, though he could always use the fire to quickly cauterize the wound to prevent bleed-out. Though I think that is Wisdom based so...

When K'seliss's arms fell off from the rot, the rest of his body didn't continue rotting. Emergency amputation would probably work.

Of course, then you have a one-legged Biscuit fighting a two-legged Grem, which would put him at a bit of a disadvantage.