Not working at home anymore but you can still AMA if you want

B

BErt

1. Why the capitalized E?
2. How could I convince you to take out the H in your tagline? :p
1 - When I started going by Bert (it's short for Robert), people would keep spelling it with a U...so i started spelling it with a capital E and just kept doing it.

2 - I'm your Huckleberry ;)

B

BErt

Fav. fast food eatery?

Pizza toppings?

Most comforting food?
- Probably Jimmy Johns...does that count? I try not to get fast food too often. Five Guys is really good.

- Lately it has been pineapple and jalapeño. There is a really good Indian pizza place around here that got me hooked on pineapple + peppers.

- My mom's chicken paprikash, which is good timing for this because she just made me a bunch yesterday :D
image.jpeg

If Detroit wins the Super Bowl will you get a giant Lions tattoo on your butt?
Yes, but only if it happens this year.

B

BErt

Quiet, you :p

...were you in the end zone where Brown tried to be Spider-Man after his return TD, or the other side?

B

BErt

What other trends have you been late to?
All of them, probably? I was just trying to shoe-horn AMA into my title. Dammit, you caught me.

What do you do for a living?
What were you educated/trained to do?
Network Administration. I actually don't have any formal education/training, I was very lucky in a "right place, right time" sense to get a job and learn on the fly.

B

BErt

Any tattoos?

Pro-piercings?

What camera do you use?
No tattoos yet, but I dig tattoos and piercings, yes. I do have my tongue pierced but I haven't worn a barbell in like 12 years. The hole just never closed.

I just use my iPhone camera, and usually post from my phone to make it easier. My ex was a photographer though, so if I ever post a really nice picture of Yoshi or anything, it is probably old and taken by her.

B

BErt

Bumped for bored. Ask me things while I turn the rest of the threads into the "I'm drunk" thread.

B

BErt

Do you chew gum?

--Patrick
Pretty often, yes. This is my favorite:
image.jpeg

But if you have a dog, you have to be careful with Trident, because xylitol is the worst damn thing for them. Some peanut butters have apparently started using it, according to my local vet.

image.jpeg

Yeah, xylitol (and other sugar alcohols, like sorbitol) get used in so many things because sugar is evil, saccharine is evil, aspartame is evil, etc.

--Patrick

B

BErt

Yeah, xylitol (and other sugar alcohols, like sorbitol) get used in so many things because sugar is evil, saccharine is evil, aspartame is evil, etc.

--Patrick
well everything I've ever seen says xylitol specifically is EXTREMELY toxic to dogs, was my point.

You ever go to eat a pork sausage, and find it's got hairs growin' all over it?
Finally. I finally feel like one of the cool kids.

coke or pepsi?

Jennifer Aniston or Angelina Jolie?

Do you know what's with the sausage question?

Have you got a favourite holiday movie?

Have you got a holiday movie that stressed you out to watch?

B

BErt

coke or pepsi?

Jennifer Aniston or Angelina Jolie?

Do you know what's with the sausage question?

Have you got a favourite holiday movie?

Have you got a holiday movie that stressed you out to watch?
- Pepsi for sure. It's the choice of a new generation.

- I fee like I want to say Jennifer Aniston, but I don't know why I feel that way. Because it's totes Angelina Jolie.

- I honestly have no idea, I was just happy to have been asked :)

- what holiday? My favorite holiday is Halloween and my favorite Halloween Movie is The Worst Witch. I watch it every damn year, but it's so stupid. My favorite "holiday" movie is either Christmas Vacation or Ernest Saves Christmas. Again, I like to keep my holiday movies super dumb. It helps me feel like a kid sometimes.

- I don't know that I understand this question, can you elaborate? What holiday movies would stress someone out?

B

BErt

Is there a specific reason it stresses you out? Do you just not like it or do you not like the idea of trying to chase down the "hot toy" of the holidays? I can understand the second feeling, I worked at Toys R Us for like 8 years and parents could get pretty crazy...

B

BErt

Yeah, you're both right...

In my defense, it was the first time in probably a year and a half that I fell asleep before 10pm. But that also probably explains why I'm awake at 3am. Oh well.

Why the question mark avatar?

Is life going slow or fast for you right now?

Is there a level of snow where you have to shovel before you can walk your dog?

How's your new job working out?

What's your favorite "You know you're from Michigan..." joke?

B

BErt

Why the question mark avatar?
I'm between avatars right now. :p I will update it soon.

Is life going slow or fast for you right now?
Life has been at hyperspeed for quite awhile now and I'm trying to slow it down. SO MUCH has happened in the past two years - mostly bad - but there are signs of it turning soon, so...fingers crossed.

Is there a level of snow where you have to shovel before you can walk your dog?
Yoshi loves the snow but hates the rain, so it's much easier to get him outside if there is snow then if there is just wet concrete. Of course he is only like 8 inches off the ground, so depending on the depth it is less "walking my dog" and more "hopping my dog"

How's your new job working out?
Pretty well actually. It's a much bigger company than my previous one, so I still have to pause some times to remember which systems are where, but there are a lot of decent folk there. I was very fortunate to find them when I did.

What's your favorite "You know you're from Michigan..." joke?
Ok so this isn't really a joke per se, but at my previous job I got into a debate with my boss (who is originally from Florida) about the different Michigan-isms...and he had a huge problem with the term "doorwall". So I did a Google search on it to show him I wasn't making it up. Apparently the example sentence for Doorwall on Urban Dictionary is "I call it a doorwall because I'm from Detroit and don't know any better."

I didn't know about the doorwall thing! I was surprised to hear it called that when we were replacing ours, but that is indeed what all the window companies around here call it. The Urban dictionary quote is hilarious.

What are your initial thoughts on the nintendo switch?

B

BErt

I'm optimistic about it right now. If I had gotten around to buying a Wii U I could see being upset at the loss of backwards compatibility. But hopefully they will keep the servers up for stuff like Splatoon, Smash, and Kart for awhile.

...and Breath of the Wild looks gorgeous!!