[NFL] NFL Thread

Dave

Staff member
Not a Dalton fan. He had ALL THE WEAPONS in Cincy and was never able to put together a great run. Under him, Cincy went to the playoffs 4 times and went 0-4. His TD/INT ratio is a resounding 1.73, which puts him just above Mariota and behind such luminaries as Neil O'Donnell and Rich Gannon.

Don't get me wrong. As a backup he's perfectly fine. But if Dak goes down I just don't trust him to get the job done.

I kinda see it more as Marvin Lewis’ failures than Dalton’s. I’m a Lions fan and I dont really blame Stafford for the playoff ineptitude. Both QBs probably would have had better success on better franchises.

Cool. Now change the name.*

*I know that's not their current stadium
What's wrong with Robert F. Kennedy Stadium? :p

But I know what you're talking about. It's going to be very difficult for Snyder to continue to resist the pressure to change the name. No one will be willing to buy the next round of excuses. If he doesn't, I'm willing to bet the league will order him to by the end of the year.

Washington is not only retiring the number of their first black player, Bobby Mitchell, they're replacing George Preston Marshall's name with his in a section of their stadium.

With COVID cases showing up in camps (I think I heard Carolina's got hit?), there is a distinct possibility that we may not have any of the three/four major pro sports playing - at all - for the foreseeable future...

Dave

Staff member
I sent a message to my fantasy league. In essence we're going to have a draft, but I'm not collecting any money like I usually do. If they play at least 8 games I will collect, otherwise it'll just be a year for fun. If there's no season at all I will probably fold my league after 20+ years.

You don't replace a legend.
Given that they already let the legend walk out the door, Newton was the best option. Still, as talented as Newton is, his strengths as a player do not work in Belichick’s usual offensive scheme. I’m not sure this was a good idea for either side.

Given that they already let the legend walk out the door, Newton was the best option. Still, as talented as Newton is, his strengths as a player do not work in Belichick’s usual offensive scheme. I’m not sure this was a good idea for either side.
Josh McDaniels won a playoff game with Tim Tebow. If (i know, big if) Cam stays healthy, I’m sure they’ll be fine.

If there's one thing Belichick is consistent on, it's that he's incredibly flexible with his scheme based on the talent he has. Cam hasn't had a functional arm for two years, and I'm not sure he ever will again, but if he can get to fully healthy we're all fucked.*

*Not really since there won't be a football season.

Dave

Staff member
I don't think he's an anti-semite, necessarily. I just think he's dumb as a fucking post. He saw the words "if the Negros knew who they were." and thought, "Black power!"

What the passage is saying is that the evil big bad Jews are keeping the black man down. All Jackson is seeing is that someone is keeping the black man down and if they knew it they could rise up. But his poor brain couldn't handle context.