[NFL] NFL Thread

At this point I think we can all agree that it's not Tom Brady any longer, but the system in place. Any time a QB from that system goes somewhere else they suck.
There has only been one QB that has looked good in the Patriots system and subsequently went to another team, and he had a year where he finished 2nd in MVP voting.

That was because the offense was originally built for Bledsoe.

15 years ago, Bledsoe gets hurt, Pats are 0-2, everyone is thinking Belicheck is toast and the Pats are going to fade back into obscurity.

Dave

Staff member
Cowboys win, which is awesome. Has everyone asking, "Tony who?"

And I was at the Chiefs/Jets game today. Got to see NFL history being made. It's the first time a team has had 8 turnovers. Plenty of 7 turnover games and a couple 9 turnover games, but this was the first one that had exactly 8.

Seahawks!

Let's see if the O-line will figure out how to protect Russell and maybe he won't get his leg ripped off next week.

B

BErt

Players I have started and lost to injury on a single fantasy football team:

Trevor Siemian
Adrian Peterson
Jeremy Langford
Dwayne Washington
Eric Decker

...it is week 4 of NFL football

Dave

Staff member
So...you think Romo is going to still have a job when he comes back? I think it's going to be close.

Dave

Staff member
I think that Romo should hold a clipboard. And I don't think this because Dak is a better QB (necessarily), but Tony's health is a huge concern. Dude's already going to be hurting in the future, why ruin his life just to play one more season?

Reactions: TNM
Poetic justice that the guy who threw the punch was the guy who made the throw the winning run beat out.
It does mean the bad blood with the Rangers will continue next year.

It's nice to be be playing good enough to have a rivalry that matters.

. . . oh, wrong thread. Umm . . .

From USA Today comes one of the best lines of the weekend: "Tom Brady came back with his game fully inflated."

Wow, Panthers are just finding every possible way to lose games this year. :(

Seriously, after going 15-1 in the regular season last year we are now 1-4, with loses to divisional opponents Atlanta and Tampa Bay already. We need to get our shit together fast or we won't have a hope of making the playoffs this year. It just seems like a long shot anyway right now with problems in all 3 phases of the game.

Maybe next year when our secondary has a little experience we will do better.

Another week, another loss by a field goal. 1-5 now. Panthers have also lost to all 3 division opponents. I will be very surprised if we make the playoffs.

I just missed one of the best quarters in Texans' football. I got to see the tying touch-down and over time. But I was mister grumpy pants about being 14 points down in the 4th, and fast forwarded through the 4th quarter.

Not completely out of the realm of possibility, though it'd be a departure from the last five teams losing the SB.

It was damn near midnite already. And I know the score, so there is no enjoyment in seeing the prophecy come true.
My stepfather records all the soccer games he wants to watch, and watches most of them after he knows the result.

I never thought it was possible, but he made soccer even more boring.

My stepfather records all the soccer games he wants to watch, and watches most of them after he knows the result.

I never thought it was possible, but he made soccer even more boring.
See, I get mad when the Texans or Cowboys update the score on their Facebook page. Then I have an hour of TV to watch were I know what is going to happen.

Dave

Staff member
My wife's uncle recorded the Nebraska cornhuskers national championship games and plays them back every once in a while. They are from the 90's.