[NFL] NFL Thread

Dave

Staff member
Anyone watch the 6-6 tie game last night between Arizona and Seattle? 3-0 at the half and 3-3 at the end of regulation, then each team gets a field goal on their possession, so it's sudden death. Next team to score wins it. Arizona drives down to the 5 yard line or so...and misses the field goal. So Seattle gets the ball with not too much time on the clock, drives down to the 5 yard line or so...and misses the field goal.

I don't know if I thought the game was exciting or not. I mean, it was, but damn was it an odd game to watch.

That game was both the most boring, and most stressful, game of the season so far for me. I felt so bad for Catanzaro when he doinked it off the upright, and then Hauschka just completely fucked it up - the poor bastard. From the sounds of things after the game, the Seattle defense was more than a little gassed by the end of the game. Apparently Sherman, Avril, and Wright needed help walking just because of how exhausted they were. It's nice to see a team actually leave it all on the field, just wish someone could have hit one of those last two kicks.

I stayed up way too late to watch the Cowboys. I watched over two hours of TV during the game (DVR.) And still was able to catch the end of the game live. Just fast forward the ads, and the Eagles are slow this year so I fast forwarded the down time between plays. I swear if I could cut all that out, a football game would be less than 15 minutes.

So my local Fox station decided to show Terminator 3 rather than Giants Eagles. :mad:
Well, everbody's already seen T2 a dozen times, and nobody's ever gonna choose to watch T3 so it seems like a good choice to me.

. . . Oh but wait: You wanted to watch Return of The King. Now I get your anger.

Also, the Ny/Philly game is on at the far end of the bar, so I can't see it either. Not very well, anyway.

Who knew that all the Cowboys need is more Dak?

And meanwhile, our leading ground gainer against the Colts... was a squirrel.

Dave

Staff member
Hey, Big Ben gets to go up against a depleted Dallas D next week. THAT'S going to be an amazing game!

Richard Sherman is a dirty piece of shit. He should be suspended
At the very least he should be fined - not that fining people has much of an impact. Who's that dumb ass that has a quarter million in fines in the past two years? Burfict?

Dave

Staff member
How 'bout them Cowboys?!?

I lost in one of my pay leagues because the other guy had Zeke. I ain't even mad.

Dave

Staff member
Hey that was an amazing game. We were at a sports bar watching it and we were all screaming several times in the 4th quarter. After that fake spike I thought it was over. Nope! It's ZEKE TIME!

And the Panthers reverted to how they were playing earlier in the season. They played really well in the first half and then stopped trying in the second half. Seeing as we already have losses to all 3 division opponents and we have a short week before playing the Saints on Thursday, I'm pretty much calling it.

Just what we need - a Super Bowl matchup that mirrors the Presidential race.

The New England Patriots (who everyone hates outside of New England) vs. the Dallas Cowboys (who has the same hate/love relationship with the rest of the country).

B

BErt

@Dave you're trash, and your Cowboys are trash, and everything you've ever loved is trash.

Also Happy Holidays and good luck :p