[NFL] NFL Thread

34-31 Bengals. Rams get up to a big 31-17 lead, Burrow leads two TD drives then Stafford throws a late pick that allows for a last second FG to win.

Rams win, 23-20 and wow, a great finish. Rams looked like they were going to win in the first half, Bengals dominated in the second, but Matthew Stafford found a way to win. Mostly through finding Cooper Kupp.

Dave

Staff member
I'm really happy for Matt Stafford and Kupp winning the MVP was as it should have been. It was a decent game.

As a non-American, I believe this is the one weekend of the year when we all come together to praise a superb owl, right?

I’m not gonna defend the domestic violence policy but the sports betting one is completely appropriate and way more im line for the NFL to make judgment on.

The fact that Ridley wasn’t even on the team when he placed the bet, and the fact that he self-reported it, should have meant a warning or suspension of two games (or less). The fact that they are throwing the book at him while plastering the games with gambling ads is fucking stupid.

Last edited:
The fact that Ridley wasn’t even on the team when he placed the net, and the fact that he self-reported it, should have meant a warning or suspension of two games (or less). The fact that they are throwing the book at him while plastering the games with gambling ads is fucking stupid.
Even a segment about the odds and over/under predictions in the pre-game shows I saw last season.

The fact that Ridley wasn’t even on the team when he placed the net, and the fact that he self-reported it, should have meant a warning or suspension of two games (or less). The fact that they are throwing the book at him while plastering the games with gambling ads is fucking stupid.
He still had contacts with the team and did not self report. “No betting on games” is the most consistent rule of being a professional athlete. He could’ve bet on basketball or college football or whatever else. The nfl advertises beer all over the place but players still can’t drink on gameday.

He still had contacts with the team and did not self report. “No betting on games” is the most consistent rule of being a professional athlete. He could’ve bet on basketball or college football or whatever else. The nfl advertises beer all over the place but players still can’t drink on gameday.
Until after the game, of course.

I, personally, wasn't even complaining about the gambling suspension. Merely the disparity with the Domestic Violence policy or practically any other policy that could suspend a player for off-the-field issues.

In more important news:
WE GOT HIM!
View attachment 40872
FOUR MORE YEARS! FOUR MORE YEARS! FOUR MORE YEARS! FOUR MORE YEARS!
Congrats on your team getting to the playoffs for 4 more years, while having ZERO chance of getting to the Superbowl. Rodgers is the ultimate band-aid on a bullet wound. His salary is so huge, his ego is so cumbersome, his antics so distracting... you'll never be able to build a contender around him.

Last edited:
They already had a stout defense, good wide receivers, and a young up-and-coming running back. Denver just became a serious threat in the AFC and a contender for winning the Superbowl (though I don't think this is nearly enough to make them favorites).

hesnotwrong.gif
Post automatically merged:

Congrats on your team getting to the playoffs for 4 more years, while having ZERO chance of getting to the Superbowl. Rodgers is the ultimate band-aid on a bullet wound. His salary is so huge, his ego is so cumbersome, his antics so distracting... you'll never be able to build a contender around him.
Can I bookmark this post for next January?