New Picture Thread

No No No Jelly, that's the kind of thing we eat when we're teenagers/young adults, not in our more respectable tastes years.

For shame!

In America we call those "Hot and Ready"s, which translate to "teen gamer" food.

ElJuski

Staff member
I have a story about Hot N' Ready's...chiefly my ex-girlfriend's roomate couldn't figure out the concept of what it was, and tried to order one for delivery over the phone. It was a situation ripped straight from The Simpsons, except it was true: "And how much is the Hot N' Ready? And what can I get on it? Okay, but when will it be ready? Wait, so I can only order the one type? And when is it ready? But how much is it if I just choose that topping? What if I want a different topping, will it take longer?"

Cajungal

Staff member
There's a Little Caesar's by my apartment that advertises 5$ Hot n' Ready's. Never really makes me think of pizza.

The Little Caesar's in town actually makes really good pizza as long as you aren't talking about the Hot'n'Ready trash. Easily better than Pizza Hut, Dominoes or Pizza 73 (but not quite as good as Panago). Bummer is they don't deliver.

It was fantastic for the price, really. (Unless you compare it to the hot dogs at Ikea, which are really cheap and really delicious... )

Oh I love it when people get all snobbish with fast food like "hot n ready". You guys sound like the goddamn foodie assholes that I despise.

It's not gourmet fucking pizza. It's pizza you get when you're having a birthday party full of little monkeys you don't want to shell 100 bucks on good pizza for. It's pizza you get when you're stone drunk and want something to fill your your stomach before you vomit it up anyway. We know it's not the best; it's five dollar pizza that's been sitting out for four hours - keyword: FIVE DOLLAR PIZZA. Thanks for remind us. I swear the older I get the more I want to just punch a foodie in the mouth.

"Oh I don't eat McDonalds because it's nasty and bad for you." "Oh I won't go to chain restaurant X because it's a franchise" Shut up. Really, just shut the fuck up. You don't sound sophisticated. You don't come off as intelligent. You just sound like an asshole. Ironically, the most passionate foodies I've met are some of the fattest people I know.

They're no better than that asshole guy at a party who won't drink the free Coors and Bud Light and raves about how his local microbrew is so much better than the swill at the party. Yes, asshole, we know what good beer tastes like. We don't all have 500 dollars to dish out on good beer for 30+ people.

I feel better now.

It's not gourmet fucking pizza. It's pizza you get when you're having a birthday party full of little monkeys you don't want to shell 100 bucks on good pizza for. It's pizza you get when you're stone drunk and want something to fill your your stomach before you vomit it up anyway. We know it's not the best; it's five dollar pizza that's been sitting out for four hours - keyword: FIVE DOLLAR PIZZA. Thanks for remind us. I swear the older I get the more I want to just punch a foodie in the mouth.

"Oh I won't go to chain restaurant X because it's a franchise"
I agree with you for the first thing, except the throwing up part, but cheap pizza is cheap pizza for a reason. I couldn't even imagine how much it would have cost to have a birthday party stocked with the type of pizza that I love as an adult. Kids don't care as long as it's warm and pepperoni.

I won't go to Taco Bell because the "food" sucks. I will spend my same money down at another Taco Casa 4 doors over for better food at the same price.

I agree with you for the first thing, except the throwing up part, but cheap pizza is cheap pizza for a reason. I couldn't even imagine how much it would have cost to have a birthday party stocked with the type of pizza that I love as an adult. Kids don't care as long as it's warm and pepperoni.

I won't go to Taco Bell because the "food" sucks. I will spend my same money down at another Taco Casa 4 doors over for better food at the same price.

Alright you got me with Taco Bell...I'll always ante up and go to Neato Burrito, but my best friend loves Taco Bell drunk. I'm not about to start telling him how much I think it's shit. It's cheap and it hits the spot for him.

S

SeraRelm

So that's what you meant when you were calling me a foodie person. I think you misunderstood my stance on the matter.

And I will never eat from taco bell again if I have any choice on the matter. The taco meat is the shittiest thing ever placed in a tortilla shell, including actual shit. The food thing about my location though is that the nearest taco bell to is has an el rodeo right nearby. Good food va taco bell? Easy choice.

Alright you got me with Taco Bell...I'll always ante up and go to Neato Burrito, but my best friend loves Taco Bell drunk. I'm not about to start telling him how much I think it's shit. It's cheap and it hits the spot for him.
I'll let others eat there, but I will find somewhere else to get a bite, even street vendors come above TB, and I've gotten some awesome food from those vendors too. If it rings the bell for someone's taste, that's fine, but some things just aren't for me.

I have a story about Hot N' Ready's...chiefly my ex-girlfriend's roomate couldn't figure out the concept of what it was, and tried to order one for delivery over the phone. It was a situation ripped straight from The Simpsons, except it was true: "And how much is the Hot N' Ready? And what can I get on it? Okay, but when will it be ready? Wait, so I can only order the one type? And when is it ready? But how much is it if I just choose that topping? What if I want a different topping, will it take longer?"
I'm glad she was at least good in bed?

Oh I love it when people get all snobbish with fast food like "hot n ready". You guys sound like the goddamn foodie assholes that I despise.
I am a proud foodie asshole. I prefer my food not to taste like it was shit out by a greasy illegal in the back of a roach infested kitchen.

I feel better now.

I went to a Hot and Ready once and they told me I would have a 10 minute wait.

I thought this went against everything they stood for, I just stood there dumbfounded and did not know what the fuck to do so I cried.

S

SeraRelm

The rat likely tasted better. Keep in mind, the folks who didn't like rat burgers fine dined at Taco Bell.

Things Chaz has taught me: Not liking cold cardboard and cheese slice pizza makes me a foodie.
Or in my case I tend to avoid pizza that makes me feel like Satan and his minions have taken up residence in my GI tract. I don't care if it's cheap or the most expensive gourmet slice on the planet. If it burns both ends after I eat it and comes out faster than it went in, I'm not going to buy it again. If that makes me a "foodie" then so be it.

S

SeraRelm

The Papa Johns near us actually makes the best tasting, and thus far safest pizza I've ever had.