New Picture Thread

Papa Johns? Absolutely not.

I honestly haven't ordered "out" for pizza in as long as I can remember. I buy the the pre-made base pizzas from the grocery store for about $5, then buy the toppings I want fresh, top it with some spices bake it for less than half an hour and wow, just yeah. I couldn't go back to "order out" pizza.

We do that, too. I get the personal sized ones since we don't all like the same toppings. My kids like Papa Johns so it's usually a treat after pay day since it is so frelling expensive in Hawaii.

Yeah, kids aren't exactly picky when it comes to food. I know I wasn't even in my teen/early adult years.

Lately though? I guess it's because my stomach acts all kinds of pissed off if I eat something too greasy or poorly made. I prefer my night not to be over after eating.

Your situation? I can understand Stein.

However, the homemade set-up I just described takes a whole 10mins to prepare after getting it home from the store. It is also cheap.

I feel very fortunate that I don't (yet) have to avoid anything for that reason. On the other hand my wife makes great meals 92% of the time (and gets cheap take out the other 8%) so it could be that since I eat out so rarely that an occasional foray into enemy food territory doesn't cost me my stomach lining...
I learned to cook for myself pretty young, as the woman I moved in with after leaving my parents at 16 didn't know how to cook AT ALL. All she wanted to eat was take-out every day twice a day. I didn't quite have her metabolism so I ballooned up pretty quick. It took alot of self-control and self-teaching to eat better and work-out regularly. These days I make my own food for a variety of reasons, and it's always a great panty dropper to have a full course meal surprise for someone you're dating/sleeping with.

S

SeraRelm

As a side note, we only order out like, once every 2-3 months, and I'm not saying Papa Johns in general is the best, but the local one is actually really good. I was actually going to ask if you ever god the bake at home ones since we do that a bit more often than the delivery kind.

I still like the Hawaiian style best. :D

There's a place here called Papa Murphy's and they do take and bake pizzas. It's a good halfway between making your own and ordering out, and the dough is made fresh daily there. I do like that place. I don't know if it's a big chain, but if I can't make my own, it's a good substitute.

I don't eat store bought pizza.

first I grow my own wheat, grind it and turn it into flower. Then I mix it all up with a secret ingredient that only grows at the top of everest. Then I make the cheese from el chupacabre milk.

I top it off with unicorn tears and Minotaur penis.

It gives me the strength of 100 men and instantly makes all the girls pantrys drop.

But in all seriousness I recommend Kros Nest Pizza in Beijing.
I was so, so happy to discover Kros Nest in Beijing that I had to go there every time I dropped into Beijing (which was a hell of a lot when I was living in Tianjin). Also, New York Style Pizza in Tianzifang in Shanghai is some of the best pizza I've had period. Also, their sister restaurant, New York Style Steak & Burger makes some delicious Angus beef burgers and is full of import beer. Anyone who ever made you believe going to China would make you thin is a dirty liar.

Going to China and eating American/Italian food will make you fat. Obviously.

Sticking to a 100% Asian diet is probably what they meant by that comment.

I think it's just such a great image. A girl gets so sexually aroused that her pantry explodes. especially since it is related to cooking.
Ask any woman who's had to do all the cooking in previous relationships, how it feels to be served a meal (that isn't Ramen/Mac N Cheese or take-out) and you'll be surprised by the response.

Things Chaz has taught me: Not liking cold cardboard and cheese slice pizza makes me a foodie.
Sounding like a wannabe food snob = foodie. So yeah. I mean really what do you expect for 5 dollar pizza? Are you that guy that goes to Home Depot and buys the discount lumber and then complains because its warped and has knotholes all over it?

I'm glad she was at least good in bed?

I am a proud foodie asshole. I prefer my food not to taste like it was shit out by a greasy illegal in the back of a roach infested kitchen.

I feel better now.
It's food. Alright. I understand that there is good food and bad food, but I won't scoff my nose in the air like an asshole at the bad food either. Foodies are dickheads because of that very reason. You think you're better than other people because of the damn food you eat.

Here's a tip: you're not.

It's food. Alright. I understand that there is good food and bad food, but I won't scoff my nose in the air like an asshole at the bad food either. Foodies are dickheads because of that very reason. You think you're better than other people because of the damn food you eat.
Why shouldn't you scoff at bad food? I don't think I'm better than someone because I eat good food - I eat good food because life's short, damnit, and I'd like to have a little enjoyment out of it before I grow old and die.

Why shouldn't you scoff at bad food? I don't think I'm better than someone because I eat good food - I eat good food because life's short, damnit, and I'd like to have a little enjoyment out of it before I grow old and die.
As my father-in-law said the other day when we got burger meat from a butcher shop instead of the local Walmart "Meat is meat, what's the difference?"

Shoulda slapped him.

Here's a tip: you're not.
Technically speaking, since I'm very much likely healthier? I am. :cool:

EDIT:bones needs to read better!

I have friends who are foodies, and its annoying because I am a simple man with simple tastes. I like steak and potatoes, not lamb and yams, just steak and potatoes. I am also cheap as hell, since foodies seem to get off on the YOU NEED TO SPEND MONEY TO GET GOOD FOOD. sorry guys I am not dropping 100 dollars to eat somewhere, you might be ok with it, but I dont want to spend more than 25 bucks on a meal.

EDIT:bones needs to read better!

I have friends who are foodies, and its annoying because I am a simple man with simple tastes. I like steak and potatoes, not lamb and yams, just steak and potatoes. I am also cheap as hell, since foodies seem to get off on the YOU NEED TO SPEND MONEY TO GET GOOD FOOD. sorry guys I am not dropping 100 dollars to eat somewhere, you might be ok with it, but I dont want to spend more than 25 bucks on a meal.
...man, I could go for some lamb right now. But anyway, if you know where to shop, you can get good quality ingredients for pretty cheap. Restaurants are another matter entirely, of course, but when I'm in a restaurant I'm usually with someone who pays :p

heh, sorry, I didn't literally mean that, I just meant the weird fine cuisine where everything has some twist in the recipe. I cook for myself all the time, and my family seems to laugh there asses off until they try the food. I like cooking good food, I am just a really basic guy. I like Midwestern(COUGH MINNESOTA COUGH COUGH) stand-bys.

S

SeraRelm

I don't eat store bought pizza.

first I grow my own wheat, grind it and turn it into flower. Then I mix it all up with a secret ingredient that only grows at the top of everest. Then I make the cheese from el chupacabre milk.

I top it off with unicorn tears and Minotaur penis.

It gives me the strength of 100 men and instantly makes all the girls pantrys drop.

But in all seriousness I recommend Kros Nest Pizza in Beijing.
If you wish to make a pizza from scratch, you must first...

...create the universe.

And come on folks, if you don't eat whatever worthless shit is thrown in front of you regardless of taste, quality, or salubriousness, you're a god damned foodie mcfood snob who should be ground up and served as the mystery meat in Taco Bell taco meat.