New Picture Thread

Cajungal

Staff member
Thank yew. ^_^ I feel very good these days. That ball gown was my sister's... it felt like PJs, and I would like to live in it.

S

SeraRelm

you two are pretty. I'd jump you.
o.o
Shego, we need to get a foursome going.
Added at: 19:37
fivesome, my russian lovely should be involved.

Shego, while you have your attention focused on this thread, could you post that large Bazinga .jpg?

I need it for a powerpoint.

fade

Staff member
That's true. Even on Namek, where his power level is like astronomically higher than Goku's ever was on Earth, he still gets his ass kicked.

I a surprised that Krillin did not retire from adventuring after his first episode. Did he serve any purpose on the show besides being the Butt Monkey?

S

SeraRelm

Nope. That's why they shelved Yamcha. They didn't need two worthless fighters hanging around.

fade

Staff member
One thing I don't quite get about his first appearance: if he was strong enough to compete with Goku, then how the hell were the other monks able to push him around. I mean he was literally knocking down trees on the way to Roshi's house.
Added at: 15:56
I confess: I was a Krillin fan. I wanted to see a human keeping up with the aliens. I mean Tien just solar flares the big bads. That's like firing your gun in the air randomly, and then running away while everyone's ducking. At least Krillin tried.

until you learned the pattern that every episode and season followed...
Is basically admitting that you never really watched the series. At the very least admitting that you only watched the horribly cut and edited watered down American version.

GasBandit

Staff member
It was a fun show, until you learned the pattern that every episode and season followed...
PREVIOUSLY, on DRAG-ON BALL Z!
(YELLING, POWERING UP)
(opening credits)
Vegeta: Raagh! I am the strongest!
Goku: No, I am the strongest!
Vegeta: Aha, but I have been training! I am stronger than you by the flap of a bumblebee's wing!
Goku: THAT MUCH STRONGER?!!
Vegeta: HA HA! YES!
Goku: Well then I'm going to do PUSH UPS right NOW until I'M STRONGER!
Vegeta: Oh no you don't! I'll do PUSH UPS TOO!!
Goku: Hup!
Vegeta: Hup!
ON THE NEXT DRAG-ON BALL Z: MORE PUSH-UPS! Or maybe some filler content, if you're lucky.

Because it had massive content cuts, they reasoned that "American children wouldn't be interested in the storylines" and instead would just replay the same "power-up" animation clips in place of the content cuts to make up the time.

There were entire episodes cut that were just character based storylines with no fighting. Some episodes were cut nearly 50% of the content and replaced with "power-up" scenes.

GasBandit - Yes, that's exactly how the American versions went.