New Picture Thread

M

makare

My friend brought her daughters, Nanibaa and Dezbaa over to get their Christmas presents. I gave them each a stuffed kitty. It was so funny. They chased Tort (the cat) all over and he kept coming back for more. He loves being Tort-ured.

GasBandit

Staff member
You named your cat Tort.

You named. Your cat. Tort.

You're going to be a crazy cat lady. It's obvious. The other cats will be named International, Constitutional, Criminal, Contract, Property and Equity. It has been foreseen.

M

makare

I think crazy cat ladies name their cats Mim Mim and Fluff Fluff.

Also I've talked about my cat being named Tort many times. Where have you been?

M

makare

I just described it as a civil crime even though that isn't quite accurate but it is easier to understand. And after 2.5 years of law school anything that makes law easier to understand is my friend.

M

makare

I took latin for years and even I don't get the latin terms sometimes. The law holds on to things for too damn long. I swear first year property we spent like three weeks going over property law that was put into place by, get ready for it, Henry the VIII. That's right Henry Tudor of heady choppy fame.

I mean wtf. really.

M

makare

henry wished to regulate cleavage.

I dunno. It's just fun to say boobs. boobs boobs boobs.

It a a term associated with the law profession, which Makare is pursing with great vigor.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tort

It has to do with a wrongdoing against someone else (usually in breach of a contract) rather than against society (ie, against a law, even if it was targeting an individual).

Or something like that.

/me runs away hoping to avoid being bludgeoned by makare with a thick law book due to an inadequate and wholly incorrect explanation
Or it's a piece of cake... torte

M

makare

No, those are just their calling names.
Mim Mim is short for Madame Mimsy and Fluff Fluff is short for Sir Fluffenbush III, Esq.

Hmm well Tort's full name IS Tort Farnsworth... Tort for the legal term, and Farnsworth for the author of our Contracts book author.

figmentPez

Staff member
Bruce in purple 2011_12_18.jpg

Went out to see a jazz trio with my grandfather yesterday. They played a whole bunch of Christmas tunes, but I think my favorite was "Christmas Time is Here" accompanied by a children's choir. Made me think of my secret Santa gift from CajunGal.

What SCIENCE may look like.

From a renassaince fair earlier this year. I was completely unaware that medieval Europe had throwing stars with Chinese characters etched upon them.

god damnit OC all I can think is wow what a "dad" moment and then I see your frickin shirt and I go rolling out of my chair. someone your age is not suppose to be into teh animez