New Picture Thread

This is the first year I let Li'l Z help carve the pumpkins. He also got to pick the theme.

halloween19_sm.jpg

Although, to be honest, his job was mostly removing the pumpkin insides because I like his fingers attached to his hands. Maybe next year I'll let him use the pumpkin carver a little more.

GasBandit

Staff member
This is the first year I let Li'l Z help carve the pumpkins. He also got to pick the theme.

View attachment 32356

Although, to be honest, his job was mostly removing the pumpkin insides because I like his fingers attached to his hands. Maybe next year I'll let him use the pumpkin carver a little more.
When we were kids, there were these blunt, saw-toothed pumpkin carvers. Remember these things? It was literally impossible to cut skin with them, but they'd saw through pumpkins with just a little extra effort.

When we were kids, there were these blunt, saw-toothed pumpkin carvers. Remember these things? It was literally impossible to cut skin with them, but they'd saw through pumpkins with just a little extra effort.
Those still exist and I still use them to this day.

We did use this tool, but he was having trouble with it, so I took over. I think next year he'll have more control with it. And I'll suggest a simplier design for him.

After marathoning the Nightmare on Elm Street movies, my best friend discovered a horror movie trivia night at the Board Room Cafe. When we registered, it asked for a team name. We wrote in Dream Warriors.

And decided to go all out in dressing up. Including two hours on my friend's hair for the punk character from Nightmare on Elm Street 3.

The wife and I were off doing that exact same thing last month :D
We hit every single wand waving location, and tried our hand at it. One lady got mad because we wouldn't move and let her kid go in front of us. Just because we're adults don't mean we don't get a turn :D (Besides, the first--and last--time we let a kid cut in front of us, a whole passel of kids ended up pushing up in front of us and we had to wait like half an hour to finally get our turn).

Reactions: Dei
Rescued from the latest forum hiccup:
Dave said:
OLD PICTURE THREAD!!

Got in touch with a buddy from Marine Corps boot camp. He gave me these pictures. Wow.
Boot Camp #2.jpg

Boot Camp.jpg
Dave said:
Anyone guess which one is me?
blotsfan said:
The one labeled "D.P. Nihsen."
Dave said:
Dork. Try the other one.
Celt Z said:
I don't know. I see 3 people in khaki and nothing else.
blotsfan said:
That wasn't very nice. :(

Anywhom I'm guessing this fellow.
IMG_1310.jpg
Dave said:
Nope. That guy was a monster. That one guy that came into boot camp already in such good shape he didn't have to train hard at all. Nice guy, though.
blotsfan said:
Learn to take a compliment. :p
PatrThom said:
Third from (our) right, front row?

—Patrick
Dave said:
You got it, man!
Emrys said:
@Bubble181, if you are thinking of making a "Dave is old" joke, go put yourself in the corner.
sixpackshaker said:
Can I make a flappy man hooties joke?
PatrThom said:
[quoting both of the above posts]
"OK, Moober."
why not both

--Patrick
Simfers said:
Oh come on, if we put ourselves in the corner every time we think about a "Dave is old" joke, we'll never get out...

And then the forum would be empty... I imagine it would bring back fond memories for Dave of his chilhood in rural Pangea, but it'd get awful lonely, wouldn't it?

I just want to point out I completely missed the entire exchange above, because I couldn't get this thread to load for me before the change-over.

That said, I never think Dave's old. "Ancient, "primordial", "from the First Era", "antediluvian", "superannuated", "primeval", "prehistoric", "predating the existence of the world old", "one of the two people involved in the Big Bang", "Methusaleic", perhaps, but not "old".

Now where's that coffee corner I need to go sit in....?