New Picture Thread

That's where Feminism can help you, man! Encourage your daughter to make her husband take her last name.
Over here, women don't take the husband's last name. My grandchildren will not have my last name. I know it's stupid, but it's true that there are a lot of common last names in latin america and I like that most people with any of my last names in the region are probably family.

Over here, women don't take the husband's last name. My grandchildren will not have my last name. I know it's stupid, but it's true that there are a lot of common last names in latin america and I like that most people with any of my last names in the region are probably family.
Do they not let you select the surname/ordering in the family or birth register? At least in Spain you can select which surname gets precedence for children (the default being the father's, per tradition), or opt to create a hyphenated family name for them (e.g. Garcia-Pozos instead of using Garcia and having Pozos as secondary).

Do they not let you select the surname/ordering in the family or birth register? At least in Spain you can select which surname gets precedence for children (the default being the father's, per tradition), or opt to create a hyphenated family name for them (e.g. Garcia-Pozos instead of using Garcia and having Pozos as secondary).
I'm pretty sure it's possible, but it will not be my decision.

GasBandit

Staff member
I can tell ya around here, everybody's a Hernandez, Garcia, Lopez, Martinez, Gonzales, Sanchez, or Flores. That covers 99% of the Hispanic names I run into... and with one of our stations being spanish language, I run into a fair number.

Oh, and I guess a fair number of the remaining 1% are Benavides or Rodriguez.

Last edited:
The top 15 last names according to our cadastre. I'm in the 505th place.
CEDEÑO 2801
ZAMBRANO 2798
GARCIA 2544
MACIAS 2429
MENDOZA 2071
MOREIRA 1813
VELEZ 1563
LOOR 1466
VERA 1290
DELGADO 1125
BRAVO 1044
ALCIVAR 1037
INTRIAGO 1030
CEVALLOS 1016
PALMA 906

Wait - you JUST RECENTLY had your first In 'n Out?

Please tell me that was a Double-Double... Good girl, always have a Double-Double your first time at In 'N Out. Rite of passage and all that.

I've never had inn n out or whataburger. I feel like at this point they've been so hyped that I'll just be disappointed.
I've only had Whataburger. There's no hype there. It is different than all the chain burger places.

I've had the opportunity to try In-n-Out, but the timing wasn't optimal. So, Whataburger is still my top choice for chain burgers.

GasBandit

Staff member
My fellow Texans often draw their long knives when I start talking about how overhyped I think Whataburger is. It's just pre-health-kick mcdonalds with more salt and mustard.

My fellow Texans often draw their long knives when I start talking about how overhyped I think Whataburger is. It's just pre-health-kick mcdonalds with more salt and mustard.
I don't know the state of Whataburger chains in your neck of the woods, but Whataburger on a bad day is far superior to the quality of a McDs burger. And, I'm not a McDs snob. A well-made, fresh McDs burger and fries are pretty damn satisfying.

1. Whataburger's toppings taste fresher and colder.
2. The buns are softer and have some flavor.
3. The patty is juicier and tastier.
4. Even the cheese tastes better.

It has also been 4 years since I've had one. :cry:

What is Gasbandit's burger of choice?

GasBandit

Staff member
I don't know the state of Whataburger chains in your neck of the woods, but Whataburger on a bad day is far superior to the quality of a McDs burger. And, I'm not a McDs snob. A well-made, fresh McDs burger and fries are pretty damn satisfying.

1. Whataburger's toppings taste fresher and colder.
2. The buns are softer and have some flavor.
3. The patty is juicier and tastier.
4. Even the cheese tastes better.

It has also been 4 years since I've had one. :cry:

What is Gasbandit's burger of choice?
My stomach can't handle burgers anymore, but before the surgery, if you limited me to chain fast food, my favorite burger was the Double Baconator at Wendy's. Which is part of why I ended up needing that surgery, I think :p

Maybe it's just the way I've gotten used to eating, but I can't stand greasy food anymore. Which kind of makes me not like chain burger places in general. Whether you think it or not, they are all greasy.