New Picture Thread

He went to one house and the people giving out candy recognized Axe Cop. They gave him their whole bowl of candy.
View attachment 27933
No one ever recognizes my daughter's costumes, which is pretty much what happens a lot when you custom make it for what she likes instead of buying it stock at a store, but she did get a lot of compliments that it was pretty.

As an aside, her writing buddy in English class watches MHA and was wearing a Monokuma hoodie for Halloween, so that one is a keeper. :p

No one ever recognizes my daughter's costumes, which is pretty much what happens a lot when you custom make it for what she likes instead of buying it stock at a store, but she did get a lot of compliments that it was pretty.
TRUTH. I've gone through that with some of my adult costumes, but also Li'l Z's Monkey King and Bruce Lee costumes. The parents in his playgroups were clueless, but most of our friends and family got them right away. Oh well, can't help the troglodytes. ;)

Dave

Staff member
I think the difference really, is that my daughter has been around cosplay, so she knows that someone, somewhere would recognize her.
I think it's awesome that kids are growing up with cosplay as a legitimate art form. It's really grown into acceptance. I admit I'm not the biggest into it, but I can certainly appreciate it.

Where have you been? We’ve had nog in MI since what, Oct 27th?

Also I heard my first retail Xmas music this past Sun.

—Patrick

I think the difference really, is that my daughter has been around cosplay, so she knows that someone, somewhere would recognize her.
My kids haven't really been around cosplay. Still, they tend to choose characters/costumes that aren't all that mainstream recognizable (Lily did pick Rey a few years ago and Noah's been a pirate) or the costumes are a take on the character. They've gotten used to being lumped in as a generic something and are totally surprised when it's recognized. I'd love to take them in costume to one of the cons here so they could see it like your daughter does.

GasBandit

Staff member
"I'll never remember all your names, so from now on, all the male students are Steve, and all the female students are Debbie."

Terrik: "My name actually IS Steve..."

"Then in fairness to the other Steves, your name will be Slagathor. Now then, Steves, Debbies, Slagathor..."

GasBandit

Staff member
Don't look at me, my mom's name was Karen.

edit: I was about to put a picture of mom's headstone here, but then I realized that would basically be telling the entire internet my mother's maiden name, which is a bad idea for obvious purposes.

Last edited: