New Picture Thread

Earlier today (1-3 hours ago) one of our neighbours threw away a Hangar 1 Vodka display (or whatever you want to call a multi-tiered wood-and-steel stand with railguards). Looks like it had been re-purposed, as the original blue-and-metal look is spraypainted over black-and-gold.

Looked pristine and bug-free, so we yoinked it from the dumpster, gave it a cleaning and drying, and brought it inside. It looks like it could make a pretty awesome cat perch (and we have enough spare carpet to remodel it).

After adding a temporary pillow, one of our cats is already in love with it :D

Dave

Staff member
Surprised the wife with these this week. Nothing going on. No birthday. No anniversary. Just because with all the stuff going on with my mom I wanted her to know I appreciated her having my back.

And yes, I ordered them and paid for them BEFORE I found out about Sammi's trials and tribulations with the oral surgeon.

2015-09-29 09.07.42.jpg

This would be a neat shot with a graduated ND filter.

EDIT: Not that there's anything wrong with this one. Just thinking out loud.
That would be cool. I sadly don't have one though. I could try to apply a graduated filter in photoshop though.

I assume you mean the top right where it's almost blown out exposure wise?

fade

Staff member
That would be cool. I sadly don't have one though. I could try to apply a graduated filter in photoshop though.

I assume you mean the top right where it's almost blown out exposure wise?
Yep. I got nice set of flat and graduated ND filters from eBay for about 20 bucks. Came with a little cloth folder and adapters, too.

I'll try photoshop tonight. There are no camera stores here I don't think.

Funny enough that picture has the highlights almost completely removed and it's still over exposed.

So, my son, who is autistic, generally doesn't get super excited about gifts, even at birthdays and stuff. This year, we decided that since he's a young man, we would clear out his bedroom full of old and hand-me-down furniture, and replace it all with brand new furniture and Minecraft posters.

We spent a ton of money, and I have been secretly been building the furniture in the guest bedroom for the last two weeks. We went through a lot of effort fully expecting a good chance that he'd just go "meh" when he saw it. His birthday's not for 3 weeks, but our oldest kid is visiting during that time, so we had to clear all of the furniture out of the guest room. So we gave it to him today.

I had to take him around town on a "spanish language scavenger hunt" project for school, and while I was away, my wife managed to drag all of his old furniture out of the room by herself and replace it with all of the new furniture.

He was blown away. First thing he said was "wow, awesome!" really loudly while making his really dorky "this is awesome" body language. :D

So, my son, who is autistic, generally doesn't get super excited about gifts, even at birthdays and stuff. This year, we decided that since he's a young man, we would clear out his bedroom full of old and hand-me-down furniture, and replace it all with brand new furniture and Minecraft posters.

We spent a ton of money, and I have been secretly been building the furniture in the guest bedroom for the last two weeks. We went through a lot of effort fully expecting a good chance that he'd just go "meh" when he saw it. His birthday's not for 3 weeks, but our oldest kid is visiting during that time, so we had to clear all of the furniture out of the guest room. So we gave it to him today.

I had to take him around town on a "spanish language scavenger hunt" project for school, and while I was away, my wife managed to drag all of his old furniture out of the room by herself and replace it with all of the new furniture.

He was blown away. First thing he said was "wow, awesome!" really loudly while making his really dorky "this is awesome" body language. :D
That looks like a genuinely happy kid. Good job, Dad!

I'll explain myself for those that might wonder about my rating of that. We have some really close friends that have an autistic child, his thing is all about trains, he loves 'em. I completely empathize and understand exactly what Tin has gone through, and getting that reaction is really awesome.