Movie News & Miscellany

:(

I held out hope we'd get last one.

Say, how about Perlman for another comic movie, then?

First suggestion: Cable in Deadpool 2
Second: Tombstone, for a Spider-Man flick
Or someone in DC, though I'm blanking on who.

Dave

Staff member
Regardless of what he plays it'll sound & look exactly like him, even if it's animated.

I love Ron but he's one of the things that takes me out of a movie just by being in it. Like when he came out in Fantastic Beasts. Boom. Right out. He didn't even have to speak.

:(

I held out hope we'd get last one.

Say, how about Perlman for another comic movie, then?

First suggestion: Cable in Deadpool 2
Second: Tombstone, for a Spider-Man flick
Or someone in DC, though I'm blanking on who.
Man, he's a dead shot for Tombstone.[DOUBLEPOST=1487734062,1487733946][/DOUBLEPOST]
Regardless of what he plays it'll sound & look exactly like him, even if it's animated.

I love Ron but he's one of the things that takes me out of a movie just by being in it. Like when he came out in Fantastic Beasts. Boom. Right out. He didn't even have to speak.
I think it works for silly genre stuff. I mean he is capable of more, but thems the breaks.

Also, everyone should watch City of Lost Children. Awesome young Perlman at work.

He was great in Pacific Rim as well. He has presence on screen, which is one of the things that makes him great. I'd like to see whomever directs him show his subtlety as well though. Hellboy was really good for showing that off about Perlman (the non-action scenes), so I hope he's used in that way in the future too.

And honestly people, you didn't say the obvious: Fallout movie. How could he not be in that? I'll bet it's being thought of (at the least) and it'd be great to have him appear in it, even if only a minor role, because as we all know, War Never Changes.

I agree with the voice, but not the look. Ron, to me, was one of those people who wasn't afraid to change his appearance completely for a role, usually with prosthetics. But it also took me a long time to get used to his real face, since he was Vincent/Beast to me for such a long time.

Solomon Grundy. Or if he doesn't want another makeup heavy role, Vandal Savage.
I had thought about Grundy, too! I just couldn't think of a compelling reason to tell his story.

Maybe he can team up with Vin Diesel and do some sort of brothers pic. The voices would make the relation believable.

--Patrick

Well, it only takes a week.
To @Bubble181 the nursery rhyme of Solomon Grundy is about a man who lives his entire life in a week.

Solomon Grundy,
Born on a Monday,
Christened on Tuesday,
Married on Wednesday,
Ill on Thursday,
Worse on Friday,
Died on Saturday,
Buried on Sunday,
That was the end,
Of Solomon Grundy.

GasBandit

Staff member
And apparently, if you combo certain moves correctly in Injustice, Solomon himself recites the poem while he lays the smack down.

GasBandit

Staff member
And apparently, if you combo certain moves correctly in Injustice, Solomon himself recites the poem while he lays the smack down.
Finally found a video of somebody attempting it, but they only get as far as wednesday. I'm not even sure it's possible to get the whole poem, given the nature of combo attacks.

Shin Godzilla won best picture and best director in Japan's Academy Awards, along with another five awards and three nominations.

I can't believe it, but I'm really happy about it and I hope Toho aims for quality again next time they do a Godzilla movie.

That said ... the faces of the directors/producers of the other nominees when they had to applaud after losing to a friggin Godzilla movie of all things.

This is just more movie-related bitching by me, but it's been several months since I've looked forward to a movie as much as I'm looking forward to Kong, so I forgot what a den of "spoil everything on release day!!!" assholes Tumblr can be.

I don't even know why I'm still on there, come to think of it.

This is just more movie-related bitching by me, but it's been several months since I've looked forward to a movie as much as I'm looking forward to Kong, so I forgot what a den of "spoil everything on release day!!!" assholes Tumblr can be.

I don't even know why I'm still on there, come to think of it.
There is no escape. :p

I'm happy for you and imma let you finish, but to me Kong looks thoroughly uninteresting.
Wow, I never considered you'd feel that way about something. You're always so enthusiastic and joyous about every film you notice. It's entirely unexpected and out of character that you would have a neutral or negative reaction whatsoever.

fade

Staff member
I mean, all joking aside, there are plenty of movies I find interesting. This just isn't one of them. It has the same problem, in fact, as Alien: Covenant. This is all ground we've covered before, and there doesn't seem to be anything new or exciting here.

I strongly suspect Charlie would be all over Kong. He did like Transformers, after all. A lot.
Like I said, I haven't seen Kong yet, but I suspect it'll be better than a Michael Bay film. That said, I somehow got it in my head that Kong: Skull Island shared the same director as Arrival, which is not the case, so I'm not going to assume it'll be good either. :p I'll find out tomorrow. Nonetheless I'd like to not know a couple of things I would've found out watching the movie.

I'm sure Xharlie is excited about Kong. I meant channeling Charlie less in the movie taste and more in the "I like something" "I don't care" demeanor. Like the MCU threads or plenty of times in the latest movie thread where someone posts their little review/reaction and Charlie responds like it was a comment on his newsletter.

Yeah, I was going too far. Sorry, @fade. Sometimes I can forget just how shitty Charlie's behavior could be.

I strongly suspect Charlie would be all over Kong. He did like Transformers, after all. A lot.
Not the first couple. There's a wonderful thread of Kissinger, Charlie, myself and others shitting all over the second Transformers movie. Since it's, you know, the literal worst movie ever made by humans.[DOUBLEPOST=1489185151,1489185107][/DOUBLEPOST]
I mean, all joking aside, there are plenty of movies I find interesting. This just isn't one of them. It has the same problem, in fact, as Alien: Covenant. This is all ground we've covered before, and there doesn't seem to be anything new or exciting here.
Alien Covenant feels the same for me. Lazy rehash.