Movie News & Miscellany

But it's called Star WARS. How has it done anything BUT acknowledge it? There are armies and battles. What has this reviewer been watching for 40 years?

I think the article's point is that its the first one thats really a "war movie" rather than a movie that takes place during a war.

A movie with battles and a movie about war can be quite different. I haven't seen Rogue One yet, but maybe it goes into the nitty gritty ugly side of war. The civilian casualties, the difficult choices, the atrocities committed by both sides, etc. Basically, the stuff that's happened in wars from the beginning of time to the end of all days.

Because war...

Just came back from the movie, won't say a word. But enough has already been said by the producer and director and trailers and behind the scenes clips.
Simply: watch it! And if it's just to form your own opinion about Star Wars and Star Wars....

A movie with battles and a movie about war can be quite different. I haven't seen Rogue One yet, but maybe it goes into the nitty gritty ugly side of war. The civilian casualties, the difficult choices, the atrocities committed by both sides, etc. Basically, the stuff that's happened in wars from the beginning of time to the end of all days.

Because war...
In the grim darkness of a long, long time ago in a galaxy far away ...

Movies with Mikey is such a great series and you should all be watching it. Now, I don't know if I agree with everything, especially the hyperbolic thing he ends this video with but I love the whole thing nonetheless.

UUUUUUGH. I was so interested in seeing this movie. Not because I thought it'd be award-winning amazing, but just a solid, feel-good movie that might be good for my mental health these days.

And of course, it was COMPLETELY mis-marketed and the movie isn't even remotely reflective of the trailer.

In fact, the whole concept of Smith's character meeting the personification of Time, Death, etc? LIES. They're actually actors hired by his "friends" to make it look like he's completely crazy in order to lose his job.

Just....wow. Fucking WOW. And the studios decided to take a completely different angle in promoting it.

Movies with Mikey is such a great series and you should all be watching it. Now, I don't know if I agree with everything, especially the hyperbolic thing he ends this video with but I love the whole thing nonetheless.

Thank you for posting this. It looks like a really interesting channel.

His assertion that the Joker is actually the protagonist of the Dark Knight dovetails nicely with one of my pet assertions: the Dark Knight Rises is one of the worst sequels ever. There are much, much worse movies than DKR that happen to be sequels, but there aren't that many other sequels that are bad enough to be in the same conversation as DKR. The reason? DKR actually hurts the movie it is a sequel to. If you watch Superman Returns, or Superman 3, or even Superman 4: The Quest for Peace, and you don't feel any differently about Superman: The Movie. When you watch Dark Knight Rises, all of sudden you realize that the Dark Knight was 20 minutes too long. That everything about the Two Face ending and Batman going on the run felt like it said something important about Batman. Regardless of if he was the hero we need or the hero we deserve, he was a hero. One that would make the hard sacrifice to continue the good fight. It spoke to the importance of dedication to a greater good....

And then Dark Knight Rises had Batman quit.
So, the twenty minutes in the Dark Knight that was serving a bigger story that felt like it would be continued in its sequel is suddenly extraneous. This also happens to be the part of the film is not in service to the story of Movies with Mikey's new protagonist, the Joker.