Movie News & Miscellany

IT Chapter 2 announced Teach Grant will play adult Henry Bowers.

Um ...

HOW?! He was kinda unambiguously killed. Unless this is a form Pennywise takes, which would more likely be the kid version then, this doesn't make sense.

My hopes for this movie are shrinking. I was excited for opportunities at new ideas, but now I'm worried they plan to follow the adult side of the book no matter what changes they made to the adaptation of the child side.
We see him get pushed down a well, we don't know unambiguously that he died.

I liked what they did with chapter 1, so I'll wait until chapter 2 is out before deciding that it's terrible.

The adult side of the story has always been weaker, even in the book, because there's barely a story. I'm not declaring it terrible, but the more they change the better, and it's going to take that much more effort to pull off.

IT Chapter 2 announced Teach Grant will play adult Henry Bowers.

Um ...

HOW?! He was kinda unambiguously killed. Unless this is a form Pennywise takes, which would more likely be the kid version then, this doesn't make sense.

My hopes for this movie are shrinking. I was excited for opportunities at new ideas, but now I'm worried they plan to follow the adult side of the book no matter what changes they made to the adaptation of the child side.
He was very badly injured from the fall but he managed to recover.

Shudder spent the past 24 hours streaming a horror movie marathon hosted by Joe Bob Briggs (like MonsterVision of yore), and I sadly missed almost all of it. I'm sure Shudder will be milking re-streaming it later since it'll be exclusive content which they badly want to have.

Shudder spent the past 24 hours streaming a horror movie marathon hosted by Joe Bob Briggs (like MonsterVision of yore), and I sadly missed almost all of it. I'm sure Shudder will be milking re-streaming it later since it'll be exclusive content which they badly want to have.
I'm kind of surprised they don't get Svengoolie off of MeTV. Or get the rights to do Night Owl Theater versions of movies Fritz the Night Owl's been doing here in Columbus.

Disney fired James Gunn from Guardians 3 for some old tweets with risky jokes. He was also removed from a Sony panel at Comicon.

Tom Hooper (the guy who directed the movie adaptation of the musical Les Miserables) is apparently going to be adapting Cats to the big screen. It will be starring Taylor Swift, Jennifer Hudson, James Corden, and Sir Ian McKellen.

Wholeheartedly agree with you. I don't know why this is happening now, much less why at all. Like, is it CG or motion capture? Would they try something as dumb as actually having them in the cat costumes? Just...why?

In better news, Lin-Manuel Miranda's looking at making his film directing debut with an adaptation of Tick, Tick...Boom!.

They've now confirmed John Mulaney as Spider-Ham for Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse, along with announcing Kimiko Glenn as Peni Parker. If you don't know her, she's a Japanese high school student with a psychic link to a mech piloted by a radioactive spider.

Last edited:
Tom Hooper (the guy who directed the movie adaptation of the musical Les Miserables) is apparently going to be adapting Cats to the big screen. It will be starring Taylor Swift, Jennifer Hudson, James Corden, and Sir Ian McKellen.
Also starring RDJ as Rum Tum Tugger and Benedict Cumberbatch as Macavity.

...I mean, not really, but you were totally with me for a bit, there, weren’t you?

—Patrick

Also starring RDJ as Rum Tum Tugger and Benedict Cumberbatch as Macavity.

...I mean, not really, but you were totally with me for a bit, there, weren’t you?

—Patrick
Honestly, I'm surprised they haven't tried to pull Hugh Jackman in for some capacity.

In any case, I'm just not real interested in this project. That said, apparently Spielberg was apparently developing an animated adaptation back in the '90s: https://io9.gizmodo.com/stunning-concept-art-for-spielbergs-animated-cats-movie-1599739506