More and More Idiots Think Obama is a Muslim

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thats some real sad polling numbers up there Ame. My only comment would be this though: While it's easy to say "Oh Americans hate muslims" I think it's probably more appropriate to say "People fear what they don't know". Even as your posted poll points out, most Americans don't even KNOW a Muslim and what they do know about Muslims is not good, it's based on 9/11, the Taliban, etc. So, while I'm not saying anyone should get a free pass for prejudice, I am saying people are ignorant because it's still not a mainstream part of American life and it's associated with, in many peoples minds, some real horrible stuff.

How does that change? It's going to take Muslims loving those around them and changing peoples minds one at a time, just like with any religion. While I don't have a problem with them building the mosque/community center near the WTC site maybe this is an opportunity for them to find a way to reach out to people, even if it means them not getting exactly what they want.
Does that make sense?

I've known Muslims in school. They are quite terrifying. Like that one who wouldn't go out with me. The rejection was an act of terror... on my heart. :(

People are dumb, poll results show it, what NYC does with a mosque in that area isn't the rest of the country's fucking business. According to articles I read, most of NYC doesn't seem to have an issue with it and doesn't see why the rest of the country is weighing in. I'll be up there on 9/11 for a friend's birthday, so maybe I'll do some random street-polling.

L

Liv

I was going to reply to this, but I think I'll just leave this quote here instead.

Winston Churchill said:
"The best argument against democracy is a five-minute conversation with the average voter."

C

Chibibar

I can understand why the poll show just prejudice against Muslim..... what do ignorant American expose on Muslim so far?

1. 9/11 - before this, I'm sure most American could care less who ran for office (Muslim vs Christian) but lots of family died that day and more suffer from it and this is the start.
2. War in Iraq and Afghanistan. Their family members are going off to fight a war against the Taliban and Al Qaida which to many people they all think they are Muslim.
3. With the two reason above, the general ignorant masses believe ALL Muslim = evil :(

3. With the two reason above, the general ignorant masses believe ALL Muslim = evil :(
Not all of them, just the devout ones. :twisted:[/QUOTE]

True, but you can usually say the same about devout members of other religions as well. After all, we've had more than few abortion clinics bombed her in the US and Ireland is still split between the Protestants and the Catholics.

"Everyone MUST be converted." They go out of their way to imply this includes "by any means necessary". I.e. torturing, terrorizing, murdering, etc.. until they convert. This goes directly against what the Quran says. In fact, the Quran clearly states that Muslims are not allowed to force their beliefs on anyone else.
And even if they were, how's that any different from Christianity?

GasBandit

Staff member

True, but you can usually say the same about devout members of other religions as well. After all, we've had more than few abortion clinics bombed her in the US and Ireland is still split between the Protestants and the Catholics.[/QUOTE]

Absolutely. The more devout someone describes themselves, often the more I find them to be incompetent, if not outright dangerous. Regardless of which brand of religion it is. A little religion is nice to remind people to be nice to each other and get them through the tough times. Becoming a just changes you from a thinking, rational human being into a one-dimensional talking zergling. And that goes both for Wahabbists and TurboChristians alike.

Thought this should go here.

I can't believe how much of an issue this has become. Seriously. There are floods! Droughts! Wars!

C

Chibibar

Thought this should go here.

I can't believe how much of an issue this has become. Seriously. There are floods! Droughts! Wars!
I LOVE IT!

maybe the hot dog was kosher.... yea... umm... I got nothing.

Point 2:
  • "Sharia Law." Is a terrible thing as the vast majority that comprises this law does not come from the Quran but instead from Sunnah and Hadith along with a bunch they simply made up along the way. There wasn't even any Sharia Law in Muhammaded's time, it was invented later. It is filled with crazy dogmas.
  • Everything else in point 2. Not much else to say. This is simply what is believed to be Islam today, even by many Muslims that hold up these beliefs. Including the stoning to death of adulterers, despite the fact this is never mentioned in the Quran. It's quite sad, really, but hardly a unique problem with Islam. All major religions have this problem where people start believing things that are clearly a contradiction of the original message. Just look at the Quran burning. Is that really what Jesus would do?
  • "Everyone MUST be converted." They go out of their way to imply this includes "by any means necessary". I.e. torturing, terrorizing, murdering, etc.. until they convert. This goes directly against what the Quran says. In fact, the Quran clearly states that Muslims are not allowed to force their beliefs on anyone else.
So just to be clear, as I know VERY little about Sharia Law, but it is NOT from the Quran? Just a small part of it does and it has been expanded into Sharia law by other people?

True, but you can usually say the same about devout members of other religions as well. After all, we've had more than few abortion clinics bombed her in the US and Ireland is still split between the Protestants and the Catholics.[/QUOTE]

Absolutely. The more devout someone describes themselves, often the more I find them to be incompetent, if not outright dangerous. Regardless of which brand of religion it is. A little religion is nice to remind people to be nice to each other and get them through the tough times. Becoming a just changes you from a thinking, rational human being into a one-dimensional talking zergling. And that goes both for Wahabbists and TurboChristians alike.[/QUOTE]

Spawn more Overlords.

GasBandit

Staff member

Absolutely. The more devout someone describes themselves, often the more I find them to be incompetent, if not outright dangerous. Regardless of which brand of religion it is. A little religion is nice to remind people to be nice to each other and get them through the tough times. Becoming a just changes you from a thinking, rational human being into a one-dimensional talking zergling. And that goes both for Wahabbists and TurboChristians alike.[/QUOTE]

Spawn more Overlords.[/QUOTE]

Status
Not open for further replies.