Minor victory thread

If you've never done this before: look into the camera (not at the monitor) for most of the interview. It's the equivalent of looking into their 'eyes'. If you look at them on the monitor, they see an image of you looking slightly down, like you're not giving them your attention. Video interviews are weird.
The alternative is to tape your webcam to your monitor (assuming you have an external 'cam AND a monitor that won't be ruined by tape). You will be looking them in the face all the time and they can't see your setup anyway. If you want to really go pro, don't forget to look slightly off to one side or the other (or up or down) if you see them lean off the screen, or go a bit back and forth if there are two people sitting there.

--Patrick

Four years of not going to the dentist. Not a single cavity. Just a comment on ''you should brush better''. Awwwwwwww yeah.

(Also I guess he ''strongly suggested'' I let my wisdom teeth be removed because their growth is blocked but I'm not sure about that yet.)

Skype interview went pretty well. I think I got it, but it's a part time thing. It's not going to be enough to pay all my bills, so the search for something more full time and longer term continues.

Finished a four-week stint of twice daily antibiotics for one of the rats, and I'm so glad neither he nor I have to deal with that anymore.

Also, he's probably in the best health he's been in since we got him, so hopefully he stays that way for a while.

----------------------------------------
*edit*

It just shipped
I am still waiting on mine >_> I just needed season 2 to complete my order and now I need like seasons 2, 5, and 7....this is infuriating, it would be more so if not for the fact I have a pile a mile high of anime to watch.

I am still waiting on mine >_> I just needed season 2 to complete my order and now I need like seasons 2, 5, and 7....this is infuriating, it would be more so if not for the fact I have a pile a mile high of anime to watch.

I know how that feels.

Hopefully they manage to get it shipped out soon for you.

I love getting stuff done early. Just finished early check-in for Walt Disney World vacation that starts in 9 days. I really enjoyed typing that.

Just pulled out a pair of khakis I hadn't worn in a while. 36 waist. I've been on the wrong side of 38 for a long time, so these have been in my closet for over a year unused.

They fit. Still a little too tight in the waist, so it's a minor victory instead of epic.

I'm a-gettin' there. :D

figmentPez

Staff member
At dinner tonight, with my mom, the very attractive waitress was making very certain to catch eye contact with me when she passed by our table. Either she thought I was cute or the one in charge at the table, either way it was a nice ego boost. Most times in the past wait staff all but ignore me.

Clumsy day turned into a great one. Started with wife waking too early and problems at DMV, but later we went to my aunts' house.
- Buried the deceased rat, during which my 10-year-old cousins said some words, which was cute.
- Played "monster" with them for a good two hours. My wife made it better by telling them they couldn't turn on the lights and only gave them a little handheld lantern to guide them through their house.
- Played an epic game of Munchkin. We thought it'd be over fast since one of us shot to level 5 right at the start, but then it went on and on and on, with all of us needing only a level to win. My wife was at a strength equivalent of 34 + a dice roll. It was crazy and fun.

Just an overall enjoyable day, and I don't even have to go to work tomorrow :D.

I was in the cafeteria waiting for my ride( my car is busted) and was listening to some people talk about Pokemon. They say how "in the original version" Ash's Pikachu died. I corrected them and said he didn't. One of them angrily and authoratatively retorted by telling me that the 4kids version changed it straight up from the original story line. I then told them that 4kids DIDN'T make that change because even for early 4kids it was too much of a change. They then correct retort at me AGAIN by saying the original version they were talking about was the manga. There were two seperate manga series made in the same....neither of them have Pikachu dying. I would have corrected them a third time but I didn't see the point any more. Being right can be its own reward!

Yoshi, I gotta tell you in case you're not aware: life is too short to waste on people who make you unhappy.
I know its and this gonna sound weird but this was a happy moment for me. Mostly because I hardly ever win arguments, even when I'm right! I usually get really pissed off and let them win. This time, I kept my cool and made my opponent speechless. I am done with this person though, we were never really friends to begin with so that's a good thing.

Onto silver linings again--curse having an optimistic wife infect me--my toe situation kicking us off work today gave us an opportunity to get one of the baby rats into the vet when otherwise he would've waited until Saturday. Turns out his respiratory congestion was so bad, he might not have made it to the weekend.

Much as my toe hurts like hell at times and makes it hard to walk, I can't say I want our new pet dead. Vet gave him a shot and sent us home with antibiotics, and he had a long tumble/wrestle with his brother, so he seems to be feeling better.

Now, back to the ice and painkillers.

This one goes out to my homies, Jay, HCGLNS, Quotemander Prime, Dream Goddess, and doomdragon6:

Due to a reshuffling of party makeup in the second chapter of an ongoing campaign, and the introduction of a new player willnig to take over my old character, I will soon be reprising the role of Errik Loreno after lo these many years. :D

Super excited to get back to my most-played character ever, especially now that I can flavour my roleplay with lots of namedropping and anecdotes. The jar of dragonborn ashes I still carry around, the tragic loss of my lady love to vampirism, et cetera. :)

This one goes out to my homies, Jay, HCGLNS, Quotemander Prime, Dream Goddess, and doomdragon6:

Due to a reshuffling of party makeup in the second chapter of an ongoing campaign, and the introduction of a new player willnig to take over my old character, I will soon be reprising the role of Errik Loreno after lo these many years. :D

Super excited to get back to my most-played character ever, especially now that I can flavour my roleplay with lots of namedropping and anecdotes. The jar of dragonborn ashes I still carry around, the tragic loss of my lady love to vampirism, et cetera. :)
And his cousin... Simkin.

My husband got feeling back in his big toe. He can't feel the rest of his foot, ankle, or most of his calf, but his big toe is ticklish again. YAY physical therapy!

As aggravated as I am by one rat's apparent deathwish, we introduced his healthy brother to the new babies. He was fantastic. Didn't get mad at them even when the really enthusiastic one kept jumping around behind him. My wife got some good pictures of the enormous one with the smaller baby, which I'll have to upload later. It's unfortunate the brother isn't going to last too much longer, but at least hopefully the remaining older rat won't be alone for long, once we're sure he and the babies are fine together.

I got lots of sleep yesterday. Today I am feeling 100% better. I think I have been drinking too much caffeine over the last week or so and the resulting poor quality of sleep caught up with me.

I feel like I had a minor victory that I forgot. Certainly wasn't sleep-related, so envy goes to Wasabi.

On other victories:

My wife may be having a job she gets to keep for a change.

Our vet is AWESOME, and was willing to help without charging. The older rat appears to have only sprained a toe. The chopped up quarters of children's Ibuprofen seem to have reduced the swelling and our biggest hurdle is getting the rat to settle down so that the healing can happen despite his desire to run around and play with rats two years younger than him. I can't believe I'm looking forward to when my biggest rat problems will return to "Why are you idiots eating and sleeping in the litter dishes?"

Some mail arrived at my friend's place where I lived for a few months last year.
Unexpected cheque! YEAH! From the same place I work at now, but before I left and then came back. I guess I had leftover vacation pay when I left, or something.

I realized I was smarter than most people I converse with on a regular basis! This may be minor, but for someone with maaaaaaaaaaaaaaaad self-esteem issues about his intelligence its pretty good.