Minor victory thread

Just got notified our country station got awarded "Radio Station of the Year 2015" by the Texas Country Music Association. So we got that going for us. Which is nice.
Isn't that like when someone gets the "lifetime achievement award" because they need to be recognized but everyone is worried they could die any day now?

--Patrick

GasBandit

Staff member
The GM bought 4 gallons of Blue Bell ice cream for us. Free ice cream. BLUE BELL ice cream. Some days this job ain't so bad.

Weird. I knew about the double word, and learned about the double-sided chest, but never as a coat/hat/boot rack.

--Patrick

*Puts on professor hat* Well in French, it's called a portemanteau, which literally translates to "wearer of coat", because that's where you put your coat when you're not using it. *Takes off professor hat*

Me want sleep no want go work...

It's what I think of first and foremost when someone says "porte-manteau". As Simfers said, it's just the French word for coat rack/tree/whatever. It's a coat carrier.

The state I was in at the time of writing that, nowhere. It flops inelegantly to the ground.

Now if I was writing that NOW, when I'm more awake, I would nonchalantly throw it and it would hang flawlessly on an invisible hook, to the bemusement of all.

My wife's girlfriend came over to (amongst other things) have a pin-up photoshoot to submit to a softcore website she's trying to join.

I'm the one that knows how to do lighting correction in Photoshop, so I'm editing her noodz while sipping on wine.

Felt like I should be bragging somewhere about this.

I am not all that handy around the house. It's just not a talent I've ever been able to cultivate. So when I do manage to fix something around the house, it feels amazing.

I HAVE FIXED THE DOWNSTAIRS TOILET, AND IT SHALL RUN NO LONGER. I AM ALL THAT IS MAN.

image.jpg

I am not all that handy around the house. It's just not a talent I've ever been able to cultivate. So when I do manage to fix something around the house, it feels amazing.

I HAVE FIXED THE DOWNSTAIRS TOILET, AND IT SHALL RUN NO LONGER. I AM ALL THAT IS MAN.

View attachment 19159
I know that feeling. The best (worst?) ones are when you fix something without actually knowing how it happened.

"Yes, I repaired the ceiling fan. No, I do not know how I did it. I got a ladder, went up there, and poked it, and now it works again."

Then there's the other end of the spectrum. You do everything according to documentation, you lay out exactly what is wrong and how to fix it and what it will cost...

and they send the stuff out to be repaired at two or three times the cost anyway.