Minor victory thread

A female friend of mine started working at our company this week. Just now I showed her how to work the coffee machine, and during the process her boob brushed against my arm. :minionhappy:

And with a fantastic writing session tonight, my grand total for the day comes to 2,400 words.

Grand total for my NaNoWriMo novel so far? 12,812. DAMN good session and one HELL of a scene that I think is gonna leave everyone on the edge of their seat. To quote my oldest and bestest friend, it's definitely one of my patented action scenes that everyone likes so much.

So yeah, REALLY good dent put on that ideal word count I'm lagging behind. Only behind by about 3,800 now. And THAT'S definitely doable.

http://www.decisiveinc.com/press-re...cations-ceo-with-innovator-of-the-year-award/

Among the new apps in use by Decisive technicians is The Decisive Drop App, an automated entry system for underground drop tickets that uses GPS-location services to ensure accuracy, proactively notifies customers of their job status and eliminates back office intervention. Since its deployment, The Decisive Drop App has cut service times in half for multi-system operator (MSO) clients including Comcast.
Yeah..I did that :D

GasBandit

Staff member
Ha ha ha, somebody at one of our ISPs goofed, and is giving us 70 mbit upstream. I'm not gonna tell em. Makes me wish I was still uploading huge HD video!

fade

Staff member
Yeah, my Uverse VDSL has been wrong in my favor since I signed up. I am not telling a soul.

EDIT: well except for everyone here, I guess.

Aussie had to work today. I doubt we'll go anywhere for dinner, so no free/discount stuff for us. I'm pretty sure my dad will take his DD-214 to Applebees though.

Thank you for not abusing the privilege.

--Patrick
I shouldn't have to point it out, but I will anyway. I live paycheck to paycheck and only eat out maybe 3 times a year so Roadhouse was a treat for me (only me couldn't afford to pay for my wife). I get my hair cut at my house by my wife because I can't afford to go and get it cut anywhere so the free haircut was a treat that I don't normally get. I hardly ever get to treat my kids to pizza because we can't afford it a lot so getting that for them was a treat for them that they don't normally get. and I got Chili's for my wife because I couldn't afford to let her come with me to Roadhouse. but yeah. Sit up there on your high horse, but I'll take what I can get to make my family happy when I can.

I shouldn't have to point it out, but I will anyway. I live paycheck to paycheck and only eat out maybe 3 times a year so Roadhouse was a treat for me (only me couldn't afford to pay for my wife). I get my hair cut at my house by my wife because I can't afford to go and get it cut anywhere so the free haircut was a treat that I don't normally get. I hardly ever get to treat my kids to pizza because we can't afford it a lot so getting that for them was a treat for them that they don't normally get. and I got Chili's for my wife because I couldn't afford to let her come with me to Roadhouse. but yeah. Sit up there on your high horse, but I'll take what I can get to make my family happy when I can.
I don't think that was actually aimed at you specifically and wonder if you are a bit defensive because you feel like people might think you are and so you are giving us the rationalization of why its ok. i mean this is Pat I dont see him go after people very often.

I don't think that was actually aimed at you specifically and wonder if you are a bit defensive because you feel like people might think you are and so you are giving us the rationalization of why its ok. i mean this is Pat I dont see him go after people very often.
Normally I don't even defend myself and just delete a post if someone says something that is aimed at me because I don't feel like getting into anything with people but this case I dunno I felt like it was and yes, I agree with you.

Sent from my SM-G920T using Tapatalk

this is Pat I dont see him go after people very often.
I don't. It takes a lot to get on my shit list...though once there, it takes a whole lot to get back off it, too.
I know there are times when I'm misunderstood around here, but believe me when I say that if I were to actually attack another forum member, there would be no misunderstanding my intent. None.
this case I dunno I felt like it was
I frequently have to deal with people who demand special treatment because of their Veteran/Commercial/Senior/Peripheral Family/Longtime Patron/Educational/Ethnic (yes, really)/Disadvantaged (I drove this far!)/Military or whatever status. I fully believe that people who have undergone hardship should be rewarded/compensated for their time & trouble, but so many of these people just want GIVE IT TO ME I AM ENTITLED TO IT BECAUSE I SAID SO YOU OWE ME EVERYTHING that when I see a deserving person who does not deliberately lean on their status in order to extort some favor, I thank that person.
I'm sorry your situation is so unfortunate, @CrimsonSoul. I am also in a position where we must carefully choose between wants and needs, lest everything fall apart. I don't enjoy it, either.

--Patrick

Last edited:
Turns out the slight cracks on my teeth were natural and not because of poor dental hygiene like my paranoid self told me! Thanks nice German Dentist!

My opinion: There's been a big pendulum swing from the way we treated vets after Vietnam until now. When I got out after the first gulf war, it hadn't quite swung as far as it has today--I didn't get a lot of pats on the back, but at least nobody spit on me or screamed "baby killer" in my face at the supermarket.

I'm perfectly fine with the "love fest" that current military members get--They signed up for the risk at being shot at or blown up (and it's a greater risk today than it's ever been) for a generally shitty paycheck and generally shitty post-service medical care (if you need it). I'm all for private enterprise and private citizens showing these guys the love that they don't get from the government.

I feel a bit ambivalent about my own service and I never even availed myself of any of the benefits available to me until 2013 (20 years later), when I started research VA loans for my house. But I don't begrudge anyone who does. My wife's oldest is married active duty air force, and I know how he struggles to make ends meet. He's quick to ask about military discounts everywhere he goes, and I don't blame him a bit.

And if someone's offering free shit or discounts because they support your service (or because it's good marketing to say they do), then I have no problem with you driving around town all day and collecting everything you can. They write it off on their taxes anyway.

But to Pat's point: If someone wants to be an entitled little bitch and make an ass of themselves (military or whatever) trying to guilt someone into giving something that hasn't been offered, then they can fuck right off.

A female friend of mine started working at our company this week. Just now I showed her how to work the coffee machine, and during the process her boob brushed against my arm. :minionhappy:
Followup to this: She has decided to leave the company after less than a week here. :(