Minor victory thread

Cut up and moved somewhere north of 2 tons* of wood in the space of about 4-1/2 hours at the house I'm looking to vacate. Had to get it chopped up before the city decided to do it for me and bill me whatever their outrageous rate would be. I only get over there about every 20 days or so, and It's been down since mid-May. Fortunately, enough of it was alive (or screened from view) that it didn't really look like a "dead" tree unless you were specifically examining it. We (me and Cranky, who's a little over 15 years older'n me) arrived at 3:30 Sun afternoon and had it all cut up and moved to the curb just after 8pm, at which point we (slowly) rushed off to get some dinner. When we returned from dinner at about 10p, someone had already picked up all the "good" logs (which I admit was part of my plan...the city won't take logs, but if I cut 'em up nice, the neighborhood will do it for me).

Why only a "minor" victory? Because my back ... is killing me.

--Patrick
*Avoidupois measure

Cajungal

Staff member
It's so nice to be able to come home and be honest. As much as I'd like to keep calling this new math class an "opportunity, " the frozen smile on my face has to come down sometime. I don't know what I'd do if I had to pretend to be perky 24 hours a day. The fella's a great listener, because he hears what I want to say without playing devil's advocate or feeding the negativity I sometimes feel. It's good. Yet another year of survival ahead. :)

Found an awesome pawn shop near my place. Over the past couple months I've gone in and gotten incredible deals on video games every time. My three best scores:

Pokemon X: $9

Link Between Worlds: $6

Pokemon: Heart Gold: $6

All complete and in mint condition!

doomdragon6

Staff member
Tonight I learned how to sew!

... I think!

I have a barebones sewing machine, so it doesn't have anything fancy, not even a backstitch or lockstitch button, so I had to figure out all that on my own. I -think- I got it. At least, I got to a point where I could no longer easily rip my stitches apart. So woo!

Tonight I learned how to sew!

... I think!

I have a barebones sewing machine, so it doesn't have anything fancy, not even a backstitch or lockstitch button, so I had to figure out all that on my own. I -think- I got it. At least, I got to a point where I could no longer easily rip my stitches apart. So woo!
Buy extra bobbins.

--Patrick

I went to the Goo Goo Dolls concert last night and it was great. They just kept playing and for every song it was "Oh yeah! I forgot about this song. Its really good!"

doomdragon6

Staff member
I sewed my Bubba-Cup belt. It's got velcro and everything! I'm more proud than I should be but it's my very first unsupervised sewn thing.

After this cosplay is done I think I'm going to work on a Henchman from Venture Bros. None of my old cosplays fit anymore, so it'll be nice to add some cosplays to my repertoire.

We went to Peggy's cove today and it was just beautiful!

I got so many pictures I went through one battery and a memory card!!

If some of the pictures end up being as awesome as I hope they are, this will be an epic win for sure.