[Rant] Minor Rant III: For a Few Hollers More

2 Pre-Cats
2 Post-Cats

Most likely I can get by with just replacing the Pre-Cats, but we'll see.
(Yes I misspelled Catalytic the first time thanks to auto correct)

It's an Toyota 4 Runner '05

My mom's car needs a blower motor resistor. About a $20 fix.

My car, I'm afraid to find out. I hear a slight wubwubwubwub on some roads, that is dependent on my speed. And the steering wheel shakes slightly at full freeway speed. Hoping it's just an alignment issue.

Fortunately the vacation fund was also earmarked for worst-case car repairs as inspection time is near.

My new car when I'm driving sometimes makes a real rumbly sound and feeling when I'm driving especially when I'm turning. My dad said not to worry about it, as it was like that before I got it...this does not comfort me.

My new car when I'm driving sometimes makes a real rumbly sound and feeling when I'm driving especially when I'm turning. My dad said not to worry about it, as it was like that before I got it...this does not comfort me.
wheel bearing, most likely, it is most likely about 60-70% through its life span.

EDIT: it is not a major safety issue if it doesn't do it all the time, but when your wheel starts to make a whirly noise even at slower speeds you will need to replace it. that is what keeps your wheel attached to your hubspoke. So do keep it in mind...its usually about 3-400 dollars at a gtood shop to replace one of them.

So let me get this strait. You want the same thing that you got last time, but don't know what it was called or what was in it even though the person who worked with you wrote it down? Awesome.

Customers amirite?

figmentPez

Staff member
I very nearly put this in the main Rant thread, but since it hasn't affected me personally yet, I'll put it here:

The "gallon smashing" meme had better not spread. If I catch anyone doing this I will punch them in the face. I'd be rolling my eyes in exasperation if they were just making a mess, but when part of the schtick involves risking the health and safety of those trying to help while you fake incompetence? NO, that is unacceptable. Never flail around and risk knocking over someone else while you prat-fall. Destruction of property is bad enough, but there is no justification for endangering the health of those around you, especially not the elderly. I am not a violent person, but if you pull that shit around me I will be sorely tempted to make sure you take a fall you really can't get up from without help. Risk your own stupid neck if you want, but don't do prat-falls where you could injure someone not in on the gag.

figmentPez

Staff member
I don't think its going to be a big thing. Most people can pretty clearly tell that those kids are just assholes.
I wish I could believe that, but it's really difficult to do that when this shows up on my Facebook:
2013_02_26 Someone Likes Gallon Smashing.PNG

It's not just some high schooler who posted this either. This is a college student working his way through school, in part by playing in worship bands, including at my church. The comment "Bahahahaha!! I want to do this" comes from his girlfriend.

:fu:

I wish I could believe that, but it's really difficult to do that when this shows up on my Facebook:
View attachment 10356

It's not just some high schooler who posted this either. This is a college student working his way through school, in part by playing in worship bands, including at my church. The comment "Bahahahaha!! I want to do this" comes from his girlfriend.

:fu:

Gallon Smashing comes with its own theme song!

Dave

Staff member
This morning my wife woke up and hugged me really tight. When I asked what was going on, she said she had a dream that I'd left her. For a guy. After coming out of the closet.

This is a minor rant because it doesn't bother me in the least. I just thought it was funny.

North_Ranger

Staff member
Well, at least you have an excuse not to watch The Notebook with her.

"But honey, you don't want me ogling at the glorious piece of man meat every time Ryan Gosling takes his shirt off, do you? Oh my..."

Just met with my advisor to talk about my last year of classes (that will never not sound weird btw) and I find out that one of the classes I really wanted to take isn't offered and hasn't been offered since 2008. I don't get why then, 5 years later, that class is on the list of acceptable courses for my major. I spose there might be people who are still trying to get their major and have already taken that, but I can't imagine there are enough that its worth fooling students currently enrolled.

GasBandit

Staff member
One of my underlings just had an emotional meltdown and quit, walked right off the job. I am irritated. Mostly at her because it was over practically nothing. But it's just another in a long line of 19-23 year olds who decided that job sucked way too much for minimum wage. Which I agree. I understand upper management's position is replacements will be a dime a dozen, but I'm the guy who has to train these twits up from nothing, and I'm getting tired of doing it every few months.

GasBandit

Staff member
So...not a business methods thing, then? Just some kids and their FWP fits?

--Patrick
Straw that broke the camels back, much?
Some from column A, some from Column B. As I said I mostly blame the gal in question for this one, she's always been a bit of a drama queen. That said, it's been hard to keep someone in the job for more than a year. I think this stems from the fact that any job in this business is high stress (some days it's like we're one step from glengarry glen ross), and this particular position pays minimum wage and has practically no chance for/path to advancement. Although, for once, this particular individual was starting to break that mold because the Traffic Director was starting to teach her to work commercial logs, which is a pretty big toe in the door to becoming a traffic director yourself one day.

Dave

Staff member
So I'm cleaning my cup after drinking my hot chocolate and I'm using the thing on the faucet where you can pull it down and use as a sprayer. It slips out of my hand...

One thing about this is that unlike other sprayers, when you let go of the handle it doesn't shut off. So instead of simply stopping, it sprayed water all over the place until I could grab it again.

I'm wearing my gray pants. Looks like I pissed myself. It'll dry but until then I think I'll stay at my desk...

So I'm cleaning my cup after drinking my hot chocolate and I'm using the thing on the faucet where you can pull it down and use as a sprayer. It slips out of my hand...

One thing about this is that unlike other sprayers, when you let go of the handle it doesn't shut off. So instead of simply stopping, it sprayed water all over the place until I could grab it again.

I'm wearing my gray pants. Looks like I pissed myself. It'll dry but until then I think I'll stay at my desk...
Did you also happen to spray the cat?

One of my underlings just had an emotional meltdown and quit, walked right off the job. I am irritated. Mostly at her because it was over practically nothing. But it's just another in a long line of 19-23 year olds who decided that job sucked way too much for minimum wage. Which I agree. I understand upper management's position is replacements will be a dime a dozen, but I'm the guy who has to train these twits up from nothing, and I'm getting tired of doing it every few months.
Little ingrates should be thankful for a job these days.

What kind of monster designed a sprayer that doesn't shut off when you let go of it?

fade

Staff member
Are you saying you really want a job so badly you would kill to get one, or are you offering your services as a hitman?