[Rant] Minor Rant III: For a Few Hollers More

GasBandit

Staff member
No.

Evolution favors things that procreate better, and absolutely nothing else.

Everything else derives from this. For instance longer life - more chances to procreate.
Well, when we're discussing the shape of the penis, aren't those two things one and the same?

I disbelieve intelligent design for one reason: Human male genitalia. No super intelligent being would ever design such a ridiculous thing! The fore-skin, the incredibly weak testicles on the OUTSIDE of the body, and its just silly design in general. The only way I could see a creature would have this would be if they naturally evolved with it.
Testicles are on the outside of the body to provide the optimum temperature for sperm to survive. (Inside your body it's too warm)

The best argument I've found for there not being an intelligent designer is the fact that they've put the entertainment district right in the middle of waste management.

Testicles are on the outside of the body to provide the optimum temperature for sperm to survive. (Inside your body it's too warm)
True from an evolutionary stand-point it makes sense. BUT if intelligently designed, why couldn't they make it so the inside of the human body would have said optimum heat? If they could design living creatures from mere protoplasm/atoms/ether/corn they could have figured out a way to both make the testes not a glaring weakness AND house sperm perfectly.

Really if we were designed, I'd say it wasn't so much intelligent design but minor intelligence design.

The best argument I've found for there not being an intelligent designer is the fact that they've put the entertainment district right in the middle of waste management.
That just means God is Polish.

By that argument you might as well say, "Why design something with biological materials at all - why not a perfect mineral intelligence housing our consciousnesses? Or why even atomic based - why not allow us to have consciousness floating in ether?
EXACTLY! Our design has way too many flaws to be made by a super-powered intelligent being. If I was a super-god and made something in my image, it would have all SORTS of lasers!

The only way I could see someone designing us would be if they were working from parts of animals that all-ready existed.

Might want to re-read the Bible some, married couples are explicitly told to be fruitful and multiply. God's all for sex, within a marriage. Everybody always wants to focus on the "you should wait" part of the issue.
But since married people dont actually have sex, God's outlawing the one kind that really exists. Amirite?

Seriously though, isn't sex a sin? Like the whole immaculate conception thing is because sex is a sin?

But since married people dont actually have sex, God's outlawing the one kind that really exists. Amirite?

Seriously though, isn't sex a sin? Like the whole immaculate conception thing is because sex is a sin?
No, sex is not a sin. The immaculate conception was the fulfillment of a prophecy given in the old testament to mark the coming of Jesus.

Married people not having sex?!? Gonna have to talk to my wife about that, get her opinion of that statement. (I'm not taking this any further, it would be all TMI up in yo face)

Might be as successful, but not the same. The Atheist chose his lifestyle...
I wholeheartedly disagree with this. I could very well "choose" to attend church and go through the motions of prayer with everyone else, but I'd ultimately be lying to everyone, much the same way a gay person could "choose" to marry a woman despite having no sexual attraction to her while keeping his true feelings hidden. But nobody can flip a brain-switch to change what they fundamentally do or don't believe in spiritually.

I'm not saying changes of heart can't happen with some people, I'm saying I can't just suddenly arbitrarily decide "This is hard for me socially; I'm going to be a Christian from now on." and truly mean it.

I wholeheartedly disagree with this. I could very well "choose" to attend church and go through the motions of prayer with everyone else, but I'd ultimately be lying to everyone, much the same way a gay person could "choose" to marry a woman despite having no sexual attraction to her while keeping his true feelings hidden. But nobody can flip a brain-switch to change what they fundamentally do or don't believe in spiritually.
So, in essence, free will does not exist, because one cannot choose what they believe. You have no control over your belief system.

So, in essence, free will does not exist, because one cannot choose what they believe. You have no control over your belief system.
Pretty much, in the same sense that you don't have free will to choose who you want to have sex with, while you still have the free will to choose who you actually have sex with. If you truly believe with your whole being that God exists, is there anything I could possibly say or do that would change your mind? Even if you wanted to stop believing, what actions could I possibly take that would negate his existence in your mind?

Pretty much, in the same sense that you don't have free will to choose who you want to have sex with, while you still have the free will to choose who you actually have sex with.
Incorrect. You can choose to drink a ton of alcohol.

Maybe thats why drinking is such a major part of some religions.

Its really just annoying for people to tell you how to live your life in general. Go to church, vote, don't wear two different colored shoes, don't wear ripped hoodies, don't howl at the moon at night, it just gets annoying!

One of the most annoying things when you people order food for me? When they don't finish the left-overs. It just bugs me because I hate wasting food so damn much, however most of the time my mother orders white clam sauce linguini and I'm allergic.

I can also choose to not post in this thread, but yet, for some unfathomable reason, here I am, hitting the post button.

fade

Staff member
People tell you how to live your life because your rights end where their's begin. You and they implicitly disagree on what rights they have and whether you're infringing upon their rights. They feel like they should get to live in a regularized, ordered society, and you're keeping them from that when you wear two different color shoes and ripped hoodies.

It seems everyone I run into today is either a moron or an annoying twit. Fuck off to everyone I had to deal with at work today.