[Rant] Minor Rant III: For a Few Hollers More

Why would Autozone sell a Mini Cooper thermostat that is identical in every way except the wiring plugs? My only guess is that this is a BMW standard part, and they misclassified the BMW version as Mini compatible. Also, why the hell is the thermostat molded into its housing, requiring me to replace a $140 part instead of a $30 thermostat?
Oh, you should see how buried everything is in new cars.

I don't think you can get at anything in the Chevy Equinox with tearing apart the dashboard, except for the little switch that dims the lights.

Our company got a translation case. The case was translated by the previous head of the Chinese-to-English editing department, and edited by the previous-previous head of the C2E editing department. It was translated beautifully, and then the final garnishing touches were added by the editor to make it a work of art. The client then revised it to become an incomprehensible mess, and then had the gall to email their version back to us and demand a discount.

It feels like I witnessed a painting painted by Michelangelo and then touched up by Leonardo da Vinci, and then Cecilia Gimenez (of Monkey Jesus fame) got her hands on it.

Two snow days last week, one yesterday and another today. I've been up less than half an hour and I've already had several hundred "mommy", "Mommy" and "MOMMY!!!!!" yelled at me. FML my head hurts already.

He may not even be really be yelling at me, but with my headache being what it is, it feels like yelling.

GasBandit

Staff member
Two snow days last week, one yesterday and another today. I've been up less than half an hour and I've already had several hundred "mommy", "Mommy" and "MOMMY!!!!!" yelled at me. FML my head hurts already.

He may not even be really be yelling at me, but with my headache being what it is, it feels like yelling.

(kind of funny how if you stretch Commander Shepard's face down this way, he kind of looks like Hugh Laurie in House).

Broken molar getting increasingly sensitive to cold. At uni dental urgent care. First in line. [emoji56]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Can't be saved. Went to regular dentist on the way home, and he thinks a root canal would be a waste of money. Prescribed antibiotics.

Only problem now is there are no oral surgeons in town that take Delta. May have to pay out of pocket at the uni clinic. :(

Yeah, but I don't see his sig or his pic, and his location is no longer part of his badge, so I'm left mixing him up with that other person for some reason.

--Patrick

Yeah, but I don't see his sig or his pic, and his location is no longer part of his badge, so I'm left mixing him up with that other person for some reason.

--Patrick
Here's a little mnemonic device I use.

His avatar is black, black from soot, soot from coal, coal that used to come from West By God Virginia.