[Rant] Minor Rant III: For a Few Hollers More

Dave

Staff member
She made her music bed, now you have to lie in it.[DOUBLEPOST=1484246126,1484246044][/DOUBLEPOST]And kidney stones/gallstones it is. Nothing they can or will do unless they start to get really bad, so lots of pain killers and liquids. If it gets worse, then with gallstones it would be surgery and with kidney stones...well, I don't even want to think about that.

fade

Staff member
Salesperson's e-mail: "Please use the jingle for this link for the commercial."

Me: (clicks link, is taken to vimeo of the client's completed TV spot that features voice talent talking non-stop from beginning to end over a music bed, with no "jingle")

My e-mail: "There's no jingle on this link, just a completed TV spot that uses a music bed"

Salesperson's e-mail: "I meant the bed, use the music bed."

Me: /headdesk. /headdesk. /headdesk.

My e-mail: "I can't pull just the music and not the voice off of a spot somebody else made. Sound doesn't work that way."

Graduated to a minor rant because this is at least the third time I've had to tell this person that, and I've lost count of how many times I've had to tell a salesperson that in general.

This particular salesperson has been in broadcast advertising at least 10 years, you would think she'd know the difference between a jingle and a music bed by now.
Pbbt. This is what I do for a living. Except not with audio. You can, it just ain't easy.

Grrrr my work changed insurances this year and when I went to get my hormones from the pharmacy they rejected my estrogen due to my birth marker listing me as male. Now I have to call up my insurance and they are trying to get it approved for me but the whole fact they even have to jump through hoops to get it approved is pissing me off. Luckily I have enough medicine to hold me over a day or two and worst case scenario I can just buy it out of pocket but still. :/

Last edited:

Dave

Staff member
Grrrr my work changed insurances this year and when I went to get my hormones from the pharmacy they rejected my estrogen due to my birth maker listing as male. Now I have to call up my insurance and they are trying to get it approved for me but the whole fact they even have to jump through hoops to get it approved is pissing me off. Luckily I have enough medicine to hold me over a day or two and worst case scenario I can just buy it out of pocket but still. :/
But it's elective!!

/s (In case anyone was wondering.)

GasBandit

Staff member
How is your station still on the air?
Through a (mostly) steady policy of high turnover and low wages in a college town.

That, and our stations (like almost all radio stations today) are basically glorified mp3 players on shuffle, with occasionally somebody talking between tracks.

We only need adobe audition to make commercials, really, and it's perfectly serviceable for that. Record voice, add music behind it, save. Boom. Really, we only use Audition because there's a plugin written for it that lets us more easily manage the metadata (embedded Title/Artist/killdate etc). If not for that, we'd still be using what we were using before that - Cool Edit Pro 2.0. Heh, anybody remember THAT? It's actually what Adobe bought in 2003 to turn into Audition... and for which I still have the installation file/registration saved, if anybody decides they want it. But it doesn't work well with any windows version later than XP.

She made her music bed, now you have to lie in it.[DOUBLEPOST=1484246126,1484246044][/DOUBLEPOST]And kidney stones/gallstones it is. Nothing they can or will do unless they start to get really bad, so lots of pain killers and liquids. If it gets worse, then with gallstones it would be surgery and with kidney stones...well, I don't even want to think about that.
Both of them can be crushed with ultrasound. Not always the most effective way, but easily the least invasive and fastest.

Moving is getting closer...I don't understand people who move house often - or perhaps they just don't live in Belgium. I've now been on contact with 7 different government levels, 7 big companies' helpdesks/customer service departments, sent e-mails or letters (yes, some demand a literal paper trail) to half a dozen more, a bunch of companies for all kinds of checks, certificates, etc. GAH. I'm so fed up with the red tape and crap and I haven't even started packing yet!

I just moved, and it isn't finished yet. No literal paper trails needed yet, but I do have similar pain. I'm with ya man.

What's this! Evil Eriol is holding Mr Z hostage over a vat of acid! Will Owl Man swoop in to rescue him in time, or will the Delicious Gourmet Grilled Cheese Sandwich from Another Dimension seduce him away? And what will come of Gas Bandit's nefarious scheme to steal away the beautiful red haired bombshell?

Find out tomorrow. Same Halforums thread. Same Halforums idiocy!

GasBandit

Staff member
Spanish station PD threw a hissyfit over something in a group text today, and made sure that all the department heads and the GM were included in her text. Now, granted, what she was upset about was something that needed to be taken care of, but this was way beyond out of proportion as a response. And it just kept coming and coming until the GM basically said STFU and we'll deal with it tomorrow. Heh, hopefully she learns not to run to daddy every time she stubs her toe from now on, it's really exasperating.

fade

Staff member
Spanish station PD threw a hissyfit over something in a group text today, and made sure that all the department heads and the GM were included in her text. Now, granted, what she was upset about was something that needed to be taken care of, but this was way beyond out of proportion as a response. And it just kept coming and coming until the GM basically said STFU and we'll deal with it tomorrow. Heh, hopefully she learns not to run to daddy every time she stubs her toe from now on, it's really exasperating.