[Rant] Minor Rant III: For a Few Hollers More

On the upside, I got to peacefully break up a pool party attended by about 20 kids from various high schools... no-one got stupid and tried to fight, no-one got mouthy (much), and all the kids tidied up their mess.

The ONLY ONE with the weed smell coming from his car was the only one with attitude. Go figure.

damn. I was holding it together, not now. Burying a friend today, was killed on Wednesday in a traffic accident on the way home from his work. Semi had a tire blowout, came across a 20 yard wide median and hit two cars going the other direction, my friend was driving one of the cars.

Cajungal

Staff member
More friends and family displaced. The national Guard is here. They got a coworker of mine out of a flooded neighborhood. I want to make a big pot of red beans to bring to work on Monday for them but I am, for the first time I can remember, completely out of beans.

damn. I was holding it together, not now. Burying a friend today, was killed on Wednesday in a traffic accident on the way home from his work. Semi had a tire blowout, came across a 20 yard wide median and hit two cars going the other direction, my friend was driving one of the cars.
When I was 8 years old, a driver trying to commit suicide by deliberately driving on the wrong side of the freeway collided with my uncle's van, killing both of them instantly. My uncle was returning from a visit with my dad's family (his family), on his way back to college where he was a bearded hippie who ran the student radio station. I never got to know him because he was away to college by the time I was out of diapers. You have my sympathy.
More friends and family displaced. The national Guard is here. They got a coworker of mine out of a flooded neighborhood. I want to make a big pot of red beans to bring to work on Monday for them but I am, for the first time I can remember, completely out of beans.
With all the flooding lately, I was surprised you hadn't been affected yet. I guess it had to happen sometime.

--Patrick

Cajungal

Staff member
I'm in a really good part of town, flood-wise. Plus I'm on the second floor of an apartment complex. I can't leave, but we have what we need.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

I'm in a really good part of town, flood-wise. Plus I'm on the second floor of an apartment complex. I can't leave, but we have what we need.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk
Hope you're doing ok since the floods have gotten worse. My stepson and his wife had to be boated out of his apartment complex. The water was up over 24" inside their apartment.

Cajungal

Staff member
Hope you're doing ok since the floods have gotten worse. My stepson and his wife had to be boated out of his apartment complex. The water was up over 24" inside their apartment.
Still good. Lotta people using their boats to save people. I saw an incredible video of two guys in a pirogue saving a woman and her dog after her car got swept off the road. Glad your family got out OK.

Restaurants all over town are giving out free food to displaced families. Hotels and apartments are reducing their rates for people who need a temporary home during repairs. Lots of good happening around here in the wake of all the bad things.

Ping @Officer_Charon. We could probably use your smiling Marine pic right about now. I certainly could.

Cheesy beat me to it - when I saw the ping, I was getting ready for bed, and I don't have the pic on my phone.

And then I saw about the incident. I drive past Eastman fairly often, either going to SCA events or to my folks'.

Fuckers are getting too close.

Y'know what, Darkaudit? I don't know if anyone else has said this to you, but I really appreciate how you ping people to get them to check in after bad things happen. It shows you care, cause you do it so often. You've pinged me a few times too. I really appreciate that.
I gave him a hug for you.

A woman makes a silly generalization that masculinity is fragile, and I question her about that sentiment and everyone responds with, "YOU PROVED ME RIGHT". What a juvenile line of thinking and argument.

Last edited:

Dave

Staff member
Like, did he do it thinking the cat would dry faster? Or was he trying to kill his cat by cooking it from the inside out? Because that makes a difference.