[Rant] Minor Rant III: For a Few Hollers More

Monday (Dec 28th) is the start of the new broadcast month - January. THE DAY AFTER THE LONG CHRISTMAS WEEKEND IS THE START OF BROADCAST 2016. And of COURSE EVERYBODY PUT OFF THEIR SHIT TIL THE LAST MINUTE.

HATE.
HATE.
HAAAAAAAAAATE.
"Ladies and gentlemen, since you're all no doubt nursing a horrific hangover, please enjoy the next 12 hours of uninterrupted smooth jazz to help you cope".

You are still kind, I'd play Dubstep.
:heart:[DOUBLEPOST=1450822114,1450821910][/DOUBLEPOST]
Oh, goody. My doomweasel has a cold and I have just been showered in all that is the best of weasel snot.
Doomweasels, you are supposed to spread the contagion to those outside the compound. It aids The Scampering very little when you make me sick.

Yes, I have weasel-flu.

Meanwhile in Colorado, the high is 30 but it feels warmer, and all the ski resorts just got a foot of snow. Because that is where the snow belongs.

65, but otherwise a very dreary day.

If the rest of @Emrys' town is as flat as that picture, no way am I trading. The hills are what gets ya here when it snows. So many times I nearly make it home until that last 50 feet where I only spin or slide. :([DOUBLEPOST=1450901003,1450900851][/DOUBLEPOST]Why would a package coming from Cleveland and headed for Morgantown wind up in Lancaster, PA after a stop just north of Pittsburgh? :facepalm:

Cajungal

Staff member
Well...the fella will be out of town for part of Christmas day. A minor appeasement of his parents turned into dinner on Xmas eve, him leaving town on Xmas Day, and lunch the day after Christmas. I can't wait until the next time his mom complains that her kids ignore her.

I can't tell him not to go for a lot of reasons, even though the day will be a little sad without him. Everything was peaceful and smoothed out until yesterday. Oh well. We'll have this evening and Christmas morning together.

Showed this to the kids. They want to visit Auntie so they can play in the snow. The poor dears have no idea how cold they'd be. lol
At 7F, no, they don't have a clue. But they'll have lots of fun playing, if by "playing", you mean "shoveling my driveway". ;)

If they want to come visit, send them up in October/November when it's warmer and the snow is sticky so they can build a snowman/woman/doomweasel.

I don't like 95 F. Fuck 110.

Anything above 70 can eat shit and die.

Did I mention I'm from the Northwest Territories? My birth certificate is in two languages, English and South Slavey.

It looks like this:

Cajungal

Staff member
Will you be joining him at his parents place?
The usual plan is that we see them Christmas Eve and the day after. I'll be there for that, but I'm staying with my family on Christmas day as planned. He said he'd prefer that I don't change my plans since it was a short notice decision. So I'll be with mom, dad, and my brother on the 25th. Thank goodness we don't have kids. That would really complicate things.

OK, USPS. Why would this package Go from Warrendale To Lancaster and then back to Warrendale over the course of a day instead of just going straight to Morgantown?

(FYI: basically Pittsburgh to Harrisburg and back for no good reason.)

Ok, I'll start this off by saying that I am not religious, at all, but I do have a lot of friends that all attend the same church. I was eating with some last night and one of them, who I know has started seeing a guy that goes to their church, mentioned that the pastor talked to her about not seeing him until his divorce is final. Now, he's been separated from his wife for almost a year now. Their divorce is happening, but it's slow and whatnot. They were married for 10 years and have kids. The pastor asking them not to see each other until his divorce is final fucking infuriated me. Is the Christian God some fucking bureaucrat from Futurama?

I said out loud without filtering much, "Wait, he said for you not to see him? Why? What does it matter?"

Her "Well, it's a sin to be with a married man. Adultery."

Me "So, what, God only cares if he's legally divorced? OH, It's not a sin now that he's signed that paper! I thought divorce was bullshit anyway, that only death or an annulment can get you out."

Her "We thought it just wouldn't be appropriate."

I dropped it because the argument wasn't going to go anywhere and another friend who goes to that church chimed in with her two cents and they were already circling their wagons defensively. Fuck that pastor. My friend has been alone for so long and incredibly lonely. That he would decide that because of some fucking technicality, it would be a sin and she should now just wait even longer.

UGH.

And they wonder why people are leaving denominational churches in droves.

(Says the guy whose church used to be a roadhouse bar...)

I'm not defending the pastor (sin is your personal call), but from a legal standpoint, he may be right. Things like that can effect divorce proceedings, especially in the eyes of the judge. I had a very similar situation happen to an acquaintance of mine. She started seeing a guy who was separated for some time and was in the process of divorcing his first wife. They had to keep the relationship a secret, especially because she became pregnant before the divorce was final. I feel bad for your friend, who's stuck between a rock and a hard place.

(I'd like to say things ended up well for the acquaintance, but he ended up doing the same thing to her that he did to his first wife. She's been a single mom of two boys for a few years now. They are two incredibly sweet and adorable boys, so that helps.)

Ooh, two concurrent threads I can comment on!

5F here today with with expected lows of -8F tomorrow.

Dating before being fully divorced is chancy from a separation standpoint. The Pastor was giving good non-religious advice which also aligns with religious advice. Your friend is welcome to ignore both but in divorce proceedings, anything can and will be used against you. If you start dating too soon, it means that you were cheating during the relationship. It's can also be hard from a relationship standpoint. I know had I not been divorced officially, my gf wouldn't have touched me with a ten foot pole, simply because there's too much drama there. That said, I started dating the second I left the house (And I felt justified because she was dating while married...) and it was no end of complications.

I'm not defending the pastor (sin is your personal call), but from a legal standpoint, he may be right. Things like that can effect divorce proceedings, especially in the eyes of the judge. I had a very similar situation happen to an acquaintance of mine. She started seeing a guy who was separated for some time and was in the process of divorcing his first wife. They had to keep the relationship a secret, especially because she became pregnant before the divorce was final. I feel bad for your friend, who's stuck between a rock and a hard place.

(I'd like to say things ended up well for the acquaintance, but he ended up doing the same thing to her that he did to his first wife. She's been a single mom of two boys for a few years now. They are two incredibly sweet and adorable boys, so that helps.)
The divorce is mutual from what I understand the guy and his wife are still friends. Just no longer want to be married.

Well, the pastor is looking at it purely from a religious standpoint and not a human need. That's a shame - like @jwhouk said, this is why people are leaving the church in droves. A 'law' that ignores our humanity fundamentally will not work alongside religion. The intention of God is to love you and to allow you to love others. To sin and be forgiven.

Well, the pastor is looking at it purely from a religious standpoint and not a human need. That's a shame - like @jwhouk said, this is why people are leaving the church in droves. A 'law' that ignores our humanity fundamentally will not work alongside religion. The intention of God is to love you and to allow you to love others. To sin and be forgiven.
Even from a purely religious standpoint it seems nuts to me that God would just be a huge stickler for our bureaucratic and legal definitions. Like he's literally this character from Futurama:

There's an entire faith built around interpretation and re-interpretation of God's word to meet pedantic requirements. ( Orthodox Judaism)