[Rant] Minor Rant III: For a Few Hollers More

Man, Americans and their pain killers. I got Ibuprofen for getting my wisdom teeth pulled, and...ibuprofen when I broke my shoulder....and ibuprofen for a herniated disc. For some reason Belgian doctors really like them their ibuprofen :p
In the navy they really like their Motrin...you know, Ibuprofin.

fade

Staff member
I really can't do prescription painkillers. I took nothing after wisdom teeth and a hernia repair. Both were a little sore, but nothing outside of the norm.

I usually stay away from prescription painkillers, but the pain this time has been beyond intense. On the other hand, I'm currently on .25mg of Triazolam, with another dose due in a few hours, so I may not care about the pain when it gets to that point.

I usually stay away from prescription painkillers, but the pain this time has been beyond intense. On the other hand, I'm currently on .25mg of Triazolam, with another dose due in a few hours, so I may not care about the pain when it gets to that point.
Yeah... definitely need the vicodin. They had to break and cut the wisdom tooth into many many little shards and still wrench the fucker out.

B

BErt

I currently have zero real molars. I have a bridge on the bottom right side and I just had the stints put in this year for implants for the rest of them but I never took care of my teeth and before I had extractions/root canals I can confirm that tooth pain is the absolute goddamn worst.

I know my situation is my own fault but man, I can sympathize...

My Grandmother died the day before yesterday. My "last" grandparent to pass. So that sucks, but she'd had dementia for a while (so not really there), so that's just what it is, neither good nor bad, kinda.

My rant is about flying. I thought I was DONE for the year! I was two days from vacation for the rest of the YEAR! The next flight wasn't supposed to be until flying for a cruise in February! Flying for that reason is OK! I just came back from a week away for work (and family a bit, but that can also be taxing).

And now I'm sitting in an airport, on my way to spend time with family at a funeral. And all I really wanted to do this weekend was play fallout and cuddle with my wife. Maybe catch some Christmas concerts in town. Not this.

:(

My Grandmother died the day before yesterday. My "last" grandparent to pass. So that sucks, but she'd had dementia for a while (so not really there), so that's just what it is, neither good nor bad, kinda.

My rant is about flying. I thought I was DONE for the year! I was two days from vacation for the rest of the YEAR! The next flight wasn't supposed to be until flying for a cruise in February! Flying for that reason is OK! I just came back from a week away for work (and family a bit, but that can also be taxing).

And now I'm sitting in an airport, on my way to spend time with family at a funeral. And all I really wanted to do this weekend was play fallout and cuddle with my wife. Maybe catch some Christmas concerts in town. Not this.

:(
Mysterious ways, indeed.

Return safely, catch up on the rest when you return.

--Patrick

Mysterious ways, indeed.

Return safely, catch up on the rest when you return.
Thanks. I will still have plenty of vacation time, but it's just seeing the finish line, being almost there, and then your sobbing mother pulls you aside to do the right thing. So you do it, and it IS the right thing, but I just wanted to relax!

Nothing to be done about it. Boarding the next plane!

For the record, I appreciate all of the well wishes from the people of the board here. I know minor rant thread and all, but still, thanks. It helps to vent. You take the load off of my wife!

Got rear-ended at a light yesterday. Creased my plate, but no other discernible damage. The impact popped the Saturn emblem off the front of his car.
I got out, walked back to inspect the damage (none, really), saw the emblem, and handed it to him through his window, then returned to my car before the light changed. As he passed me, I got his plate just in case.

Later, I realized I should've kept the emblem so I'd have better providence of the impact. Oh well. I doubt anything will come of it.

--Patrick

I'm coaching a winter indoor travel soccer team this winter. On Saturday, our team lost a game for the first time in two years.

I hate sports parents SO MUCH right now.

Been burning the candle at all ends lately, staying up 'til 1-2a, some nights even until 4-4:30 (Why did I think it would be a good idea to reinstall MoO:2 during holiday crunch?). Tonight I'm making a special point of going to bed early (9:30) and this is making me feel so, so...responsible.

--Patrick

Been burning the candle at all ends lately, staying up 'til 1-2a, some nights even until 4-4:30 (Why did I think it would be a good idea to reinstall MoO:2 during holiday crunch?). Tonight I'm making a special point of going to bed early (9:30) and this is making me feel so, so...responsible.

--Patrick
Our little PatrThom. So grown up. <sniff>

Got rear-ended at a light yesterday. Creased my plate, but no other discernible damage. The impact popped the Saturn emblem off the front of his car.
I got out, walked back to inspect the damage (none, really), saw the emblem, and handed it to him through his window, then returned to my car before the light changed. As he passed me, I got his plate just in case.

Later, I realized I should've kept the emblem so I'd have better providence of the impact. Oh well. I doubt anything will come of it.

--Patrick
Did you say, "Stay out of my orbit!"?

or

"Got sucked into my gravitational pull, huh?" :wink: :wink:

Because that overpowered Time Warp Facilitator / Phasing Cloak / Hyper-X Capacitor combo isn't going to build itself!
Time Warp Facilitator/Phasing Cloak/Plasma torpedos is also decent, and once you research enough, you can even fit this combo on your smallest possible ship. They become like pepsis wasps.
Personally, I'm a fan of Damper Field/Energy Absorber/Displacement Device also.
Did you say, "Stay out of my orbit!"?
or
"Got sucked into my gravitational pull, huh?" :wink: :wink:
You know what they say, you don't think of the perfect thing to say until later, right? I decided later that what I should've said was, "Try to watch where you're going, and be glad that I'm not on duty."

--Patrick

Time Warp Facilitator/Phasing Cloak/Plasma torpedos is also decent, and once you research enough, you can even fit this combo on your smallest possible ship. They become like pepsis wasps.
Personally, I'm a fan of Damper Field/Energy Absorber/Displacement Device also.

You know what they say, you don't think of the perfect thing to say until later, right? I decided later that what I should've said was, "Try to watch where you're going, and be glad that I'm not on duty."

--Patrick
Whenever I need a line like that, I use The Jerk Store.

GasBandit

Staff member
Gagh, I hate when people waste 3 hours of my time with bullshit nobody but them cares about. Now the rest of my day is thrown into chaos because I've got to play catch up.

Gagh, I hate when people waste 3 hours of my time with bullshit nobody but them cares about. Now the rest of my day is thrown into chaos because I've got to play catch up.
Mine was only 45 minutes today, but did I really need to spend 45 minutes listening to inane instructions about how the engineers are supposed to name files on the new file system that I won't be using, and listening to even more inane questions about said naming convention? No. I did not.

A

Anonymous

Anonymous

Posting this anonymously just in case.

My wife and I share an Amazon account because we only want to pay for one prime. So I get notices about what she got me for Christmas. Normally, I just delete these without paying attention so as not to spoil the surprise. But I couldn't help noticing she's ordering a lot of stuff from my wish list. This is bad for so many reasons. 1) It's a lot of money. I just use the wish list as a dumping ground for stuff I like throughout the year. Not just at Christmas. 2) I did not buy her anywhere near this much stuff, so I look like a cheapskate loser. 3) I think it may be because she's taking my jokes about my birthday gift (a trip to the dentist) more seriously than I meant it. So this puts me in a bit of a conundrum. I think I have to return some of this, which is going to offend her. I feel like I need to apologize about the dentist jokes.

A

Anonymous

Anonymous

So here's a tip, you can share your Prime membership with members of your family. My husband and I each have our own Amazon accounts, but we share the same Prime membership. I recommend doing that for the future. ;)
I know, but normally it's actually a benefit to share the account, because I can drop things in the cart and she gets it. For that one time of the year, we just vow not to look. I shouldn't have, except so many notices kept popping up.

fade

Staff member
Well no sense in anonymous anymore. I asked her outright about it and she told me to shut up and enjoy the gifts, she did the math. As much as I'd like to, doesn't solve the fact that I spent nowhere near that much on her.

A

Anonymous

Anonymous

Some students today were looking at a map and noticed Iran. A couple of students commented that that's where all the bad people live, and that everyone from that country is a terrorist. I hate parents sometimes.

GasBandit

Staff member
Some students today were looking at a map and noticed Iran. A couple of students commented that that's where all the bad people live, and that everyone from that country is a terrorist. I hate parents sometimes.
Yeah really! That's ridiculous!

ALL the bad people don't live in Iran, lots of them live in North Korea, too!

Point out that Iran is part of the coalition against IS.