[Rant] Minor Rant III: For a Few Hollers More

So there's a show my wife and I want to see in August. So we go online to book tickets. Click the first Google link to buy tickets, enter all our info, including credit card info, and book two tickets for the Saturday night showing.

And then it's only after booking that I browse around some more, and realize that this site sells the tickets at a very significant markup. Like, 30% markup. I go back to see if there's a refund option available, but I don't see one. Also, they won't mail out the tickets until the week of the show. Oh well, we figure, we'll see the extra we spent as a lesson. Next time buy from the official ticketing site, because apparently this one's rather dodgy.

But then, yesterday, I received a call. "Hi, we're so-and-so ticketing online, and we see you've booked tickets to the show in August. We were wondering if you'd also be interested in our Friday showing."

"Um... excuse me? I've already booked tickets for Saturday night."

"Yes, but as a valued customer, we'd like to offer you an opportunity to buy priority tickets to the Friday show!"

"... do you guys actually have tickets to the Saturday show?"

"Of course we do, sir! It's just that we value your business, so we'd like to offer you this exclusive opportunity to purchase tickets to the Friday showing!"

"... no thank you, I'll just go to the Saturday one."

Now taking bets on whether we actually get to see this show or not.

Our toilet has sprung a leak. We won't be able to get a plumber to take a look at it until this weekend, because we won't be home on weekdays.

Stupid toilet.

Ow....my head hurts. I just had a coworker tell me that the guy arrested for the Charleston shooter is innocent. Now I know he hasn't been formally convicted yet but the reason he gave is what hurt my brain.

"he's purposely not showing any expression... I would expect anger or remorse but there's nothing
there's no way that guy shot those people".

I showed him the manifesto among other articles and he still stands by the fact that the guy is innocent because of the way his eyes look. Of course this is the same person who has also told me that the cretaceous period never occurred.......

smh.....

GasBandit

Staff member
So this week on "Managers Just Making Shit Up," the hit show about the guys that run our lives (into the ground), our station's owner got together with the general manager and came up with a sales package for sponsorships for my upcoming broadcast of Cowboys NFL games... and didn't include me in the discussion til they'd sold 6 sponsors with a 7th interested... at which point the GM suddenly thinks, "Boy I should check with (GasBandit) and make sure there's enough inventory space to carry all these commercials we're selling" and so THEN he sends the info to me and I'm all like "ha ha nope, you trying to sell 14 spots each to 7 clients when all we've got room for is 10 spots each to 6 clients... so have fun pissing off clients, maybe get me involved earlier next time eh?"

(not exact phrasing).

Anyway, I show the GM the problem, and he forwards it to the owner, who now wants to see all the "paperwork" that I'm getting these crazy ideas about how much ad space my station has available, because mofo never believes I know what the fuck I'm doing. BITCH I AM THE GAS BANDIT, I KNOW WHAT THE FUCK I AM ABOUT. YOU JUST BE WIGGLIN LIKE CRAZY TRYING TO FIND A WAY OUT OF THIS FINGER TRAP YOU STUCK YOUR DICK IN.

GasBandit

Staff member
And now I get home and find the cat has knocked over a box of cotton swabs and EATEN around 6 or 8 of them. Well, have fun pooping that, you little shithead!

You need to put them away. Cats love cotton. We found this out very early with our previous kitty, and our current one is no different.

I don't expect much from people in my life, but seriously, over the last couple of weeks, everyone has been nothing but disappointing. Straw, camel, etc, getting to travel alone to a wedding because my girlfriend decided she just doesn't want to go.

Awesome, thanks. Appreciate the support.

Saturday the back of my throat felt like I'd gotten water up my nose, which progressed to a full-blown cold that's been getting worse throughout the week. Now I can't talk, and it's really pissing me off.

Well they haven't managed to wash off the Jindal yet.
He might go away...
and be elected president. :troll:
[DOUBLEPOST=1435251748,1435251676][/DOUBLEPOST]
Saturday the back of my throat felt like I'd gotten water up my nose, which progressed to a full-blown cold that's been getting worse throughout the week. Now I can't talk, and it's really pissing me off.
But your wife is happy so that's good. :p

He might go away...
and be elected president. :troll:
[DOUBLEPOST=1435251748,1435251676][/DOUBLEPOST]
But your wife is happy so that's good. :p
Well, she was happy up until I got called in to work because they're "so busy they really need me today." Which is why I'm reading Halforums.

So, today at work, there I was, peeing at a urinal, when I feel my phone buzz in my pocket. Holding bhamv Jr. in one hand, I reach into my pocket with the other hand and pull out my phone. Check the message, just a spam SMS.

At this point someone else walks into the bathroom. I realize it looks a lot like I'm taking a picture of my willy with my phone. I scramble to put my phone away, with just the one hand, because I'm still holding bhamv Jr. with the other.

Hand slips. Phone falls into urinal. Pee on phone a bit before I manage to stop the flow. Had to fish my phone out of the urinal before I could finish.

So now I have a slightly malodorous phone, and possibly a reputation in the office for having a thing for taking pictures of my schlong in the restroom.

fade

Staff member
So, today at work, there I was, peeing at a urinal, when I feel my phone buzz in my pocket. Holding bhamv Jr. in one hand, I reach into my pocket with the other hand and pull out my phone. Check the message, just a spam SMS.

At this point someone else walks into the bathroom. I realize it looks a lot like I'm taking a picture of my willy with my phone. I scramble to put my phone away, with just the one hand, because I'm still holding bhamv Jr. with the other.

Hand slips. Phone falls into urinal. Pee on phone a bit before I manage to stop the flow. Had to fish my phone out of the urinal before I could finish.

So now I have a slightly malodorous phone, and possibly a reputation in the office for having a thing for taking pictures of my schlong in the restroom.
ravenbhamv3.jpg

<patting you on the head>
It'll be OK. We still love you.

<Call the police!>

After unintentionally short-changing a customer $0.05 today, he said to me, "That's okay. I know you're saving up for school." He started to walk away in a huff when I asked him to say that again because I didn't hear it clearly (I didn't, actually; it was only the second time I heard it clear). I don't think he heard me when I replied, "Actually, I already have a degree, thanks."

What I wanted to say was, "Actually, I already have a degree and two published novels, you conclusion-jumping, judgemental Neanderthal."