[Rant] Minor Rant III: For a Few Hollers More

I stopped on the way home and got a happy new tea mug, happy berry teas and a massive greasy pizza oven sub. My son greeted me at home with a hug and a cupcake. We are curled up together on the couch and after enjoying all of the above, I will likely not want to murder anyone anymore today.

I don't really understand torrents but I did enjoy your use of the word chucklefucks. I will use it in my rant:

Why must people here at work be chucklefucks and give me one set of instructions, which I confirm in advance to be certain it really is what they want, then change their mind past the point of no return and then try to say that their new flighty plan was what they wanted from the beginning.

I will combat this chucklefuckery with retail therapy. Sorry @HCGLNS
Speaking as someone who used to have to apologetically tell my service providers that, I'm terribly sorry, but we're going to have to deviate from our previously agreed plans, sometimes it's because management insist on making changes that make no sense from us front-line workers' perspectives.

For example, at my old job, we outsourced our technical writing to an external company. In the interests of time, we told them that we're okay with there being few to no pictures in our quick installation guides. Then one day one of the head honchos decided our guides should basically resemble picture books (he'd just bought some furniture from Ikea, or something) and so I had to call up the technical writing company and tell them "Hey, everything we've done so far? Scrap it all, and I hope you guys are feeling artistic today! Also, the deadline is still the same. Terribly sorry, chaps!"

Cajungal

Staff member
Cool, I'm gonna be ugly at a wedding.

A friend got engaged in December. She sort of hinted it was an ultimatum, because she didn't want her younger brother to be engaged first. So that's awesome. Anyway she wants to do what I did and give us a range of colors we can choose from, then buy a dress we like. That way we'll wear it again. The problem? All her colors are some version of this grandma pale pink that blends in with my skin and makes me look like I'm wearing a freaky flesh suit. I have found nothing that looks remotely passable. I don't care if no one looks at the bridesmaids; I don't want to spend money on a dress I hate. And damnit, I have never looked ugly at a formal event. I actually clean up quite nice and enjoy the rare occasion when I get to. But whatever, it's one day... Whine over.

Last edited:
Cool, I'm gonna be ugly at a wedding.

A friend got engaged in December. She sort of hinted it was an ultimatum, because she didn't want her younger brother to be engaged first. So that's awesome. Anyway she wants to do what I did and give us a range of colors we can choose from, then buy a dress we like. That was we'll wear it again. The problem? All her colors are some version of this grandma pale pink that blends in with my skin and makes me look like I'm wearing a freaky flesh suit. I have found nothing that looks remotely passable. I don't care if no one looks at the bridesmaids; I don't want to spend money on a dress I hate. And damnit, I have never looked ugly at a formal event. I actually clean up quite nice and enjoy the rare occasion when I get to. But whatever, it's one day... Whine over.
Show up instead in a gorgeous white wedding gown. Totally outshine the bride. Everyone can't stop talking about how great you look. The officiant mushes the real bride in the face and calls you up, so that you and the hubby can restate your vows. Both of you moonwalk to the limo waiting to take you on a second honeymoon.

Cajungal

Staff member
That gif is so awesome that I almost peed myself.[DOUBLEPOST=1425523804,1425523786][/DOUBLEPOST]Also I wish I could give you a funny *and* a hug tag for that.

Three days out sick, and when I'm finally sort of ready to go back to work, the whole area shuts down due to snow ... invisible, absent snow. So then I'll go into work tomorrow, and then be out for a week visiting family.

I know that sounds like stuff not to rant about, but we were getting ahead on the workload and I was going to use my time-off for other things, not sickness and snow.

I read "since I started drinking my tears".
Which would make sense,because the bad loot in Diablo 3 sure made me want to cry.

Last edited:
I've found 2 parts of Firebirds - twice the helmet (admittedly, one was ancient :) ). Three parts of Blackthorn - three times the boots. Three parts of Tal Rasha - each time the vest. And...I forget the name, but whatever the gloves I'm wearing? Found those twice as well. Still never seen two pieces of the same set at the same time. Except for "the Shadow", but given I'm playing a wizard and not a DH, those interest me little.

Still, I'm already starting to look forward to green drops more then orange...I'm just too jaded too fast :p A fairly nice amount of drops overall, though. And I'm slowly closing in on the moment I retool her to fire - Cindercoat, Triumvirate,...just waiting for maybe one or two more fire-related items to drop.

(also, this talking of Diablo stuff in other threads confuses me, darn it, I thought we were there :p)

So there's this person who has me perplexed. They are bitter and angry and I pity them for the life they find themselves in.

But I'm also very apathetic about them. They can easily be the architects of change and improve their life immensely. And I am not responsible for their happiness, only they can affect that.

Wedding is in a few months, and I still need a couple grooms men. I have a couple brother in laws set to be some, but I still need two more. I just don't have any real close friends. I normally don't care, it just never bothered me. I'm quiet, and don't make friends easily, it's who I am. This is making me feel like crap about it though. Like there's something wrong with me that I can't come up with a couple close friends easily. But whatever, I guess I'll just pick some guys and be done with it.

Wedding is in a few months, and I still need a couple grooms men. I have a couple brother in laws set to be some, but I still need two more. I just don't have any real close friends. I normally don't care, it just never bothered me. I'm quiet, and don't make friends easily, it's who I am. This is making me feel like crap about it though. Like there's something wrong with me that I can't come up with a couple close friends easily. But whatever, I guess I'll just pick some guys and be done with it.
So, who off of this forum lives near you? :p

You know, you don't HAVE to have extra grooms mens. Mr. Z and I didn't have matched up bridal parties and neither have a few people we know.

Hey, if your wedding budget has an extra 2,500 lying around...

That would be sweet if we could put the Durr face on it and have a live feed of the shoutbox below it. Let people watch and comment on it live.

You know, you don't HAVE to have extra grooms mens. Mr. Z and I didn't have matched up bridal parties and neither have a few people we know.
I would feel kinda bad though. What bugs me the most is it hasn't bothered me not having a real close friend since, well, I met my fiancee. I'm perfectly happy with her being my best friend. It just dug up all those old lonely feelings. I'll figure it out though.

Not entirely over sickness, but going to work. Wife now sick. Packing tomorrow. Hugely inconvenient flight situation that I can't complain about because I didn't pay for it, but would've been managed less chaotically if I had. Wife not getting paid for next week. Worried about rats for the week we'll be gone even though we have friend looking after them. It's a lot of stupid shit, but the stress is mounting and I just feel like I have to kill all the Jedi.