[Rant] Minor Rant III: For a Few Hollers More

Dave

Staff member
I can vouch that this is true. Save it for the live show, folks.
It's hard to helicopter in a photo.[DOUBLEPOST=1408639657,1408639593][/DOUBLEPOST]
Ugh these Led Zepplin and Pink Floyd guys are talentless hacks. Nothing like the Frank Sinatra and Dean Martin of the good old days
You shut your whore mouth!

Also, the comparison doesn't work. You could hardly have picked two bands who were more unique in their musical stylings.

You get the idea. People have been talking about how new music is worse than when they were kids forever. When you're young it's "those adults just don't understand!" When you're old it becomes "NOW music is really bad. Unlike when I was young."

I can't believe that worked
Fortunately he had other qualities that more than made up for his awkward attempts at proving his manliness. One of the biggest ones being that he listened to me when I told him just how creepy he was being and he stopped immediately. Had that not happened I would have closed the proverbial door, locked it and sealed it up tight for good.

Embarrassingly enough, my husband sent me pictures of his wang when we first started talking about meeting up and possibly starting a relationship. I ended up telling him that if he sent me any more I was going to stop talking to him for good. He told me he thought women wanted to see what they were getting into -because if it was too small I wouldn't want to date him. I had to explain to him that most women find dick pics from a virtual stranger to be pretty creepy. He honestly had no idea. Freaking weirdo. lol
It sounds hilarious, but that sitcom thing where the dumb guy doesn't know the thing that everyone else knows? That's been everyone, at one time or another. That's why it's (presented as) funny. You just go through life hoping that you'll manage to figure 'em all out before you're called out and embarrassed.
Remixes just suck.
#NotAllRemixesJustMost
it's been used and overused and misused so much it's literally lost all meaning.
FTFY
You could hardly have picked two bands who were more unique in their musical stylings.
Joke's on you! They're both British and therefore indistinguishable in character!
(Seriously, I've heard people say that they find all Irish music to sound exactly alike, or all Bluegrass. It's like how some people are just unable to see blue)

--Patrick

Also I'm not sure if this thread knows the difference between a remix, a sample, and a cover...

I did an experiment - I googled "best song covers of all time" and got 155,000,000 results, nice. Then googled "best song remakes of all time" - only 689,000, and the entire first page was all still bringing up pages talking about the best cover songs.

GasBandit

Staff member
Like I said, it's been used and misused so much its meaning has been muddied even farther beyond that of Kleenex vs Facial Tissue

So if I like a girl, instead of sending her penipics, I should instead show up at her front door in a trenchcoat and nothing else?

Sounds like a plan!

Update: OH GOD WHY WOULD SHE MACE -THERE-?
I pictured her using an actual medieval spiky mace. Much funnier mental image.

figmentPez

Staff member
I honestly don't understand the mentality behind sending unsolicited dick pics. I mean, do they expect the girl to open up their inbox, think "Oh wow, that's a very nice schlong, I think I'll have sex with this guy now"?
Well, apparently in this case, it was a "Hey, don't you miss this and want to have it again?" because he was sending them to women he'd previously been in a sexual relationship with. Still unacceptable behavior, but at least there was, presumably, the established precedent that these women did indeed want to see his penis at a previous point in time. I still think it should be pretty obvious that consent needs to be re-established, but it's closer to making sense than sending a pic to someone who has never expressed interest at all.

Cajungal

Staff member
The only unwanted pens I ever saw was a guy with low riding pants who didn't realize that his slim Jim had slipped through the hole in his boxers.

GasBandit

Staff member
I have a hard time believing the "didn't realize" part. That area is sensitive enough that one should be able to tell if one can feel a breeze where there shouldn't be one...
Unless there was something wrong with it so that it never feels as it should.

Cajungal

Staff member
I have a hard time believing the "didn't realize" part. That area is sensitive enough that one should be able to tell if one can feel a breeze where there shouldn't be one...
Maybe you're right. He wasn't looking at me or anyone else... just walking and talking with a another guy on their way to class. It was really peculiar. It wasn't flopping around completely free... just bashfully peeking.

GasBandit

Staff member
I get to recut 3 commercials, and it a huge "hurry! ohmigawd! It's an emergency! This needs to be done NOW!" type scenario.

Why?

Because a client forgot to put "while supplies last" in their ads.

.. so naturally I'm here posting about it, first.

I get to recut 3 commercials, and it a huge "hurry! ohmigawd! It's an emergency! This needs to be done NOW!" type scenario.

Why?

Because a client forgot to put "while supplies last" in their ads.

.. so naturally I'm here posting about it, first.
There are priorities.

GasBandit

Staff member
You ready for some bullshit?

So, for the 4th year running, our owner decided our least-listened-to station is going to carry high school football, for the team of a nearby one-horse town with nothing going for it. As usual, that town's local businesses have ponied up sponsorships, so we're going to make some money on this, I suppose, despite the fact our broadcast coverage barely reaches their market.

Every year the thing is a train wreck. Nobody is ever put in charge of it, and the owner just assumes that it will take care of itself and find its way to the air. The PD is on vacation, the board-op has no idea what he's doing, and the engineer and I have both thrown up our hands in disgust and walked away from it.

This year's new stupid wrinkle is, in an effort to wring more money from the sponsors, we're apparently carrying broadcast coverage of two scrimmages ahead of the actual season. WHY? They're 45 minutes long and are glorified practices! They're not even long enough for us to air commercials during them. It's a waste of time for all involved and makes that station look even more mickey mouse than it does.

Today is the second of the two scrimmages in question. We got word last week that this week's scrimmage was going to be at 5pm instead of the usual 7:30, so we had to reschedule all the clocks and recut all the promos to reflect the new time. So we do, and manage to get all our ducks in a row, for once.

Well, apparently, our commentators get out there today with the equipment, our clueless (and stinky-BO-problem-afflicted) board op shows up here at 5 as planned... and we all find out that somewhere, sometime, the scrimmage got moved again to 7:15 and nobody thought it would be important to tell the radio station. And because our board-op is completely incapable of dealing with any kind of adversity or unscripted event, he just lets all the commercials roll starting at 5. So we have about 20 straight minutes of commercials (the same 9 commercials over and over, mind you) until the engineer gets there and asks WTF is going on. That's when we find out the 7:15 thing. Oh, and also that it's an Intrasquad scrimmage. For non-football people, that means there isn't even another team. It's one team practicing against itself. IT IS LITERALLY JUST A PODUNK HIGH SCHOOL FOOTBALL PRACTICE, AND OUR RADIO STATION IS THERE TO BROADCAST IT!

What a goddamned clusterfuck. Why are we covering this? Why weren't we told about the time change? Why do we even bother?

GasBandit

Staff member
20 minutes into the broadcast the coach became so disgusted with the players' performance, that he's had them run drills. They've been jogging in place for 5 minutes. Boy does that make for some exciting radio.

You ready for some bullshit?

So, for the 4th year running, our owner decided our least-listened-to station is going to carry high school football, for the team of a nearby one-horse town with nothing going for it. As usual, that town's local businesses have ponied up sponsorships, so we're going to make some money on this, I suppose, despite the fact our broadcast coverage barely reaches their market.

Every year the thing is a train wreck. Nobody is ever put in charge of it, and the owner just assumes that it will take care of itself and find its way to the air. The PD is on vacation, the board-op has no idea what he's doing, and the engineer and I have both thrown up our hands in disgust and walked away from it.

This year's new stupid wrinkle is, in an effort to wring more money from the sponsors, we're apparently carrying broadcast coverage of two scrimmages ahead of the actual season. WHY? They're 45 minutes long and are glorified practices! They're not even long enough for us to air commercials during them. It's a waste of time for all involved and makes that station look even more mickey mouse than it does.

Today is the second of the two scrimmages in question. We got word last week that this week's scrimmage was going to be at 5pm instead of the usual 7:30, so we had to reschedule all the clocks and recut all the promos to reflect the new time. So we do, and manage to get all our ducks in a row, for once.

Well, apparently, our commentators get out there today with the equipment, our clueless (and stinky-BO-problem-afflicted) board op shows up here at 5 as planned... and we all find out that somewhere, sometime, the scrimmage got moved again to 7:15 and nobody thought it would be important to tell the radio station. And because our board-op is completely incapable of dealing with any kind of adversity or unscripted event, he just lets all the commercials roll starting at 5. So we have about 20 straight minutes of commercials (the same 9 commercials over and over, mind you) until the engineer gets there and asks WTF is going on. That's when we find out the 7:15 thing. Oh, and also that it's an Intrasquad scrimmage. For non-football people, that means there isn't even another team. It's one team practicing against itself. IT IS LITERALLY JUST A PODUNK HIGH SCHOOL FOOTBALL PRACTICE, AND OUR RADIO STATION IS THERE TO BROADCAST IT!

What a goddamned clusterfuck. Why are we covering this? Why weren't we told about the time change? Why do we even bother?
There needs to be a better term for a team practicing against itself... Sportsturbation maybe?

God damn it. In the strip mall that's like 2 blocks from my house, they just opened both a Papa Johns and a Fatburger.

How the fuck am I supposed to stay low sodium with no willpower and both of those monsters nearby?