[Rant] Minor Rant III: For a Few Hollers More

And here we see an example of the common assumption that education is equivalent to intelligence.
He's a millionaire just from making a tube that goes quack. Then he gets his family on TV, have them act stupid, make millions more. Then puts his families likenesses on 1,200 items of merchandise, makes millions more... yeah, he's really dumb.

I'm somehow the only manager on the floor again. For the past week or so. It's not so bad because it's quiet but I was hoping not to have to work at all! BOOOO!

In other news, I got this for Xmas:

Yay! The first Tim Hortons in the area opened yesterday! (And the first one on this side of Pittsburgh that is truly right off the interstate on the main route south from E. ON)

Boo! They aren't open NOW now. Have to wait till morning.

Third shift problems.

I miss when Tim Hortons stuff was all made on site. Fresh ass donuts. Fuckin' Wendy's merger ruined that place so bad.

If you don't drink coffee, does Tim Hortons have much to recommend itself? I've just always viewed it as starbucks for hipsters, I guess.
Yes, and you are right. They have decent quality food, but the portions are small and the prices are large.

--Patrick

Cajungal

Staff member
Oh my god, I want just one New Year's Eve when I'm not stuck at my in-laws' sitting in silence watching stupid ass football. One fucking holiday night to ourselves, for Pete's sake...

Oh my god, I want just one New Year's Eve when I'm not stuck at my in-laws' sitting in silence watching stupid ass football. One fucking holiday night to ourselves, for Pete's sake...
Our master plan for a good New Year's Eve:
"Hey in-laws, we're probably going to our friends' to celebrate, we'll see if we can come."
"Hey friends, we're probably going to our in-laws' to celebrate, we'll see if we can come."
Ahhhh, peace and quiet.

Cajungal

Staff member
Our master plan for a good New Year's Eve:
"Hey in-laws, we're probably going to our friends' to celebrate, we'll see if we can come."
"Hey friends, we're probably going to our in-laws' to celebrate, we'll see if we can come."
Ahhhh, peace and quiet.
That is brilliant. You people have no idea how not fun I am. Such a homebody.

Worked as a Bartender during new years. 10 hours straight. am home right now to shower and than its back to work for another 8. I am so tired.

Mom goes in for shoulder surgery tomorrow. A "reverse shoulder replacement," and the rotator cuff is mostly gone. Minor rant, as it's expected to be a much shorter rehab than the knees.

"We'd like you to do this massive phonebook-sized translation for us, but due to our limited budget, we can only pay you a fraction of your usual rate. Also, we need it in three days."

"I'm afraid this means I can't spend much time on it then, and the translation will be pretty rough and unpolished."

"That's all right, we'll take the rough and unpolished translation, thanks a lot!"

***Three days later***

"Excuse me, but the translation you delivered was full of errors."

"Yes, like I said, you didn't give me much time on it, plus it's a huge translation and thus there will inevitably be errors if I can't devote enough time to it."

"I'm afraid we need you to fix it within another three days, otherwise we're going to badmouth you and you'll never get another translation case again."

"... fine, give it here."

***Two days later, with me two-thirds done with revising the translation***

"Hi we've made a few minor changes to the document, please integrate them into the final translation."

"What do you mean by 'a few minor changes' exactly?"

"We've rewritten most of it. Also, our deadline cannot be extended."

"... fuck you."

Could you translate that last part, please?
幹你老母操你雞歪個逼吃狗屎沒雞巴的腦殘

I should point out that this is a highly localized translation, and thus may not be entirely understandable for some Chinese readers. But hey, like I said, rough and unpolished translation.

There was a cancellation, so Mom's surgery was bumped up. Sister was loading Mom into the car as I pulled in from work.

Nothing left to do now but eat the sub I got on the way home and crank up Bat Out of Hell on the turntable to near painful levels. :)

HOA's can suck my dick.

I've been spending time at my girlfriend's place. I park my truck in the guest parking area. This morning I found a note taped to my window outlining all the rules about parking in the area, and a threat for future tickets and possibly towing. The best part? According to the list of rules, I haven't done anything wrong. It would seem the passive-aggressive weasel who left the note thinks that either A) I'm a resident parking in the guest spots, or B) have parked there for more than 72 hours in a week. My stay over night averages 8-10 hours, and I haven't spent every night there, so I'm pretty sure I'm well below the threshold. Of course the person couldn't be bothered to actually point out which rule I may be violating. They just put an arrow next to the time limit, and a question mark next to the word "guest." I feel like someone isn't sure, they just want to threaten me with action for a vague sense of not belonging. I also think that I'm being singled out a little because my girlfriend lives in a very nice area, and I drive an old pickup.

Fuckers.

HOA's can suck my dick.

I've been spending time at my girlfriend's place. I park my truck in the guest parking area. This morning I found a note taped to my window outlining all the rules about parking in the area, and a threat for future tickets and possibly towing. The best part? According to the list of rules, I haven't done anything wrong. It would seem the passive-aggressive weasel who left the note thinks that either A) I'm a resident parking in the guest spots, or B) have parked there for more than 72 hours in a week. My stay over night averages 8-10 hours, and I haven't spent every night there, so I'm pretty sure I'm well below the threshold. Of course the person couldn't be bothered to actually point out which rule I may be violating. They just put an arrow next to the time limit, and a question mark next to the word "guest." I feel like someone isn't sure, they just want to threaten me with action for a vague sense of not belonging. I also think that I'm being singled out a little because my girlfriend lives in a very nice area, and I drive an old pickup.

Fuckers.
Damn I do not think I've ever heard a positive story come out of an HOA. And I hate the passive-aggressive note leavers. The only time I've ever left a note was when someone's (I think) boyfriend was regularly using my parking spot -I don't have a car, so I didn't mind- I left a note saying I had a guest staying for a few days, and would need my spot empty, and left my phone number if he wanted to reach me for whatever reason. Just seems like courtesy; if you have a problem, solve it, by talking. If they're unreasonable, then grab your rule list and your landlord, or HOA or whatever. Bah.[DOUBLEPOST=1389197360,1389197312][/DOUBLEPOST]
Goodbye gallbladder. First my appendix, and now you. My body is abandoning me one piece at the time.
"A designer knows he has achieved perfection not when there is nothing left to add, but when there is nothing left to take away."

Perhaps you are becoming the perfect human.