[Rant] Minor Rant III: For a Few Hollers More

I feel incredibly worn down. It's been incredibly cold all week, we're lucky if it gets to 0 for the high, and we're at the lovely time where you go to work in the dark and go home in the dark. I really wanted to get the skis out and do some xc skiing this weekend. It is supposed to be close to 10 degrees, which is perfect for skiing. Instead we'll be driving all over the place to various activities. I love the winter, but damn it can get you down.

I don't know why, but it has been way too difficult to get out of bed in the morning all week.
I know why*. This has not made it any easier.

--Patrick
*300-400mi driven, 7-8hrs fixing relatives' computers, 6+hrs grocery shopping, working the clopen** at the job. All within a 48hr period.
**close one day, open the next.

There's no "Artist Rant" thread, so this is going in here.
I have a Deviant Art page, and I leave all my stuff open to comments/criticism because I normally don't mind. I have this one piece that, even though it's years old now, is still my most "controversial". Most of the comments about it have been very positive, and occasionally there are people who disagree with it, but do so politely. However, once in a blue moon, I get some guy (yes, it's always a guy, and pretty much always one in his teens or just out of that age) who has to tell me, in no uncertain terms, that I am "WRONG WRONG WRONG!!!" and "how dare I post this opinion/I know nothing/I should shut the f up", etc. It had been the only time I've had to ban someone from my page.
I had another one of those posts when I checked my page today. His, uh, "facts" about women made my head hurt so much I couldn't muster the strength to reply to him. :facepalm:

There's no "Artist Rant" thread, so this is going in here.
I have a Deviant Art page, and I leave all my stuff open to comments/criticism because I normally don't mind. I have this one piece that, even though it's years old now, is still my most "controversial". Most of the comments about it have been very positive, and occasionally there are people who disagree with it, but do so politely. However, once in a blue moon, I get some guy (yes, it's always a guy, and pretty much always one in his teens or just out of that age) who has to tell me, in no uncertain terms, that I am "WRONG WRONG WRONG!!!" and "how dare I post this opinion/I know nothing/I should shut the f up", etc. It had been the only time I've had to ban someone from my page.
I had another one of those posts when I checked my page today. His, uh, "facts" about women made my head hurt so much I couldn't muster the strength to reply to him. :facepalm:
its the one about woman's clothing in video games isnt it?

its the one about woman's clothing in video games isnt it?
I also went to take a peak, and couldn't find anything that I thought would be 'controversial.' If it is that one, then... well, I can't say I'm surprised, because the majority of the internet are idiots, but still.

My crappy hand mixer just committed suicide after one batch of cookie dough. But I don't want to buy a new one because I'm pretty sure my parent's are getting me a nice Kitchen Aid mixer for Christmas. But I need to make more cookies! Ahhhh, dilemmas!

There are still plenty of jobs for hand mixers that you don't need to get the bigger KA out to do. Still a good idea to have one in the kitchen arsenal.

There are still plenty of jobs for hand mixers that you don't need to get the bigger KA out to do. Still a good idea to have one in the kitchen arsenal.
Yes. They are great to use (with only one beater installed) for giving that jar of peanut butter ONE AWESOME STIR which is usually enough to last until it is gone.

--Patrick

-Comment removed due to being mean spirited. -
Specifically: I'm not a great person. I got called out on it. Removing it so I don't offend others. But doesn't make me a better person.

Last edited:
That is... harshly judgmental.
Absolutely. I admit freely to being a terrible person sometimes.
The comment was meant more in the light of bringing up the first thought out of my head when seeing "Belle", which I found humorous enough to post.

Last edited:
Protip: Would you want someone to refer to you in a condescending nature? if yes, I have the number of a good dominatrix I would like you to meet. if no, well you probably should talk about people the way you would like to be talked about.

Protip: Would you want someone to refer to you in a condescending nature? if yes, I have the number of a good dominatrix I would like you to meet. if no, well you probably should talk about people the way you would like to be talked about.
Fair enough.

*Looks up pictures of Gugu Mbatha-Raw*

I haven't seen the movie, so maybe they made her look like shit, but she is fucking hot.

@Shawnacy, you might be surprised, but Lady Tremaine, Drusilla and Anastasia actually have "face" characters that do meet & greets and photos at Disney. They have quite the following as far as your question about profitability. I got a really great pic of Drusilla at the parade during my last trip to WDW a year ago...

@Shawnacy, you might be surprised, but Lady Tremaine, Drusilla and Anastasia actually have "face" characters that do meet & greets and photos at Disney. They have quite the following as far as your question about profitability. I got a really great pic of Drusilla at the parade during my last trip to WDW a year ago...

Not to nitpick, but I believe that's Anastasia. Drusilla is usually the brunette in green. Unless they changed it in the recent adaptations, in which case, don't mind me... :whistling:
(You're point is still the same, though!)

So my first thought on that picture was "Why is she tied to the wall behind her?"... Then I realized that's the cord to keep the audience back. :oops:

Tomorrow is my 25th wedding anniversary. A judge decided it was a good day for my wife to have to go to court (in another county) instead of having the day off with me.

1. Went to the store. What should've been a 5 minute check out turned into a 30-minute "let's see whose frozen goods thaw first!" as all the cashier's machines in the store gave out. I kid you not, their internet was disrupted and their tellers (cash and card) need permanent internet connection to a server farm somewhere to register all payments/purchases. DRM FTL IRL, to acronym it all.
2. Went to the Post Office to pick up two amazon packages. One was from my Secret Santa, the other had two bits I ordered myself - one for a SS in our family, the other for my girlfriend, just to keep in the cupboard 'till I feel like giving it to her (who knows what anniversary or should-have-thought-of-that I'll miss first :p). A fifty minute wait, "help" from a woman who refuses to speak my language (and I know she can! She helped me in my language perfectly fine a year ago! Oh politics and the low-level annoyances you give people). Two boxes, one completely ripped to pieces, label torn off, busted in,... Oh boy. Luckily it turned out to be the other box that was all messed up, and all of the rips were on the side with stuffing/packaging. Of the two boxes inside, the one for my girlfriend (the most fragile one) is a-okay, the other one was a box I had to open for assembly anyway (it's a don't-break-the-bottle wine puzzle thingie) - all busted up but no damage to the interior. They were pretty lucky this time around. It was one of the most beaten up packages I've seen, and everything inside survived.
3. Finally got a call about a job offer in my company. After the manager deliberately asking for me, there not being any other candidates, and, once they found out I wouldn't be leaving for another company, the sudden "appearance" of another candidate and amnesia from the manager, I pretty much knew what was coming. Didn't get it. Oh well. Apparently I'm not social enough and can't take split second decisions. The second's what I do for a living in my current job, dammit. The first...well, I guess that's true. According to HR, I'd make a great coördinator, planner, administrative customer service rep, or account manager. Yeah, those are all the things I want to do. And for each of those types of functions, you demand leadership experience. Which is why I was trying out for this low-level leadership role job, dipshit. Oh well. Pretty sure my next job move will be to another company. Any other company, really.

Tomorrow is my 25th wedding anniversary. A judge decided it was a good day for my wife to have to go to court (in another county) instead of having the day off with me.
Just to clarify for others, since I didn't say it, this is for my wife's job, and she's a regular visitor to courts in a 70 mile radius from her office.

Just to clarify for others, since I didn't say it, this is for my wife's job, and she's a regular visitor to courts in a 70 mile radius from her office.
Glad it's for her job and not because *she* has to go to court for something. But still...what a way to spend your anniversary. Hopefully you'll be able to celebrate properly despite her being sent to work in the next county.

Does this mean you will now gain the powers of the mighty and noble bat?
He will gain the powers of bat poop.

"Criminals are a superstitious cowardly lot, so my disguise must be able to strike terror into their hearts. I must be a creature of the night, black, terrible... and full of phosphorus, for fertilizer."