[Movies] MCU: Phase 3 And Beyond

I already have the majority of these songs in my playlist, so I guess don't need to download the entire awesome mix, same as last time. I think James Gunn and I could take a road trip without fighting over the radio. :D

It's not an amazing song, but I do have a soft spot for "Brandy", seeing as how Looking Glass is from my hometown area, and though they said one had nothing to do with the other, the myth people thought inspired the song is from the same town.

I already have the majority of these songs in my playlist, so I guess don't need to download the entire awesome mix, same as last time. I think James Gunn and I could take a road trip without fighting over the radio. :D

It's not an amazing song, but I do have a soft spot for "Brandy", seeing as how Looking Glass is from my hometown area, and though they said one had nothing to do with the other, the myth people thought inspired the song is from the same town.
Brandy
Anything by Peter Frampton
Steve Miller The Joker

All make me want to throw my radio out of the window. I don't know if it was way, way too much play on the radio when I was a kid, but I really can't stand those. There are plenty more from the late 70's and 80's that get the knee-jerk response. I just don't care for that time period for music. That's not to say there isn't good music from that time period.

I don't really hate Brandy, not like The Joker. I hate that song with all of my being. I hate it so much I wonder if something bad happened to me while that song played and I blocked out everything but that song The more I hear that song the closer I get to opening that dark secret, and my brain melts down. That's a little melodramatic.

So, James Gunn and I would have to listen to podcasts.

I've noticed that James Gunn seems to bring the same nucleus of actors with him to most movies. His brother Sean (Kraglin), Michael Rooker, Nathan Fillion, Gregg Henry (Peter's grandpa), etc. Sort of like how Mel Brooks always had Dom DeLuise, Gene Wilder, and Dick Van Patten in tow.

If I ever get to meet Michael Rooker, I want to be sure to offer him a chocolate covered pretzel.
I was thinking about that the other day, andhow many times fans must have offered that to the poor guy. Considering what happendly originally, I'd be really worried how far they were recreating the joke. :eww:

I was thinking about that the other day, andhow many times fans must have offered that to the poor guy. Considering what happendly originally, I'd be really worried how far they were recreating the joke. :eww:
Let's hope he doesn't end up like Magnus Pyke.

--Patrick

Kevin Feige says his long-term plan is to get all Marvel characters back under the MCU.

Dude, good fucking luck. Maybe most of it can be brought back into the fold, but Fox is never letting X-men out of their death grip.

Kevin Feige says his long-term plan is to get all Marvel characters back under the MCU.

Dude, good fucking luck. Maybe most of it can be brought back into the fold, but Fox is never letting X-men out of their death grip.
Obvious solution is obvious... KILL FOX!!!!

I could see them getting the Fantastic Four back. But the X-Men properties? Never gonna happen. Especially after Deadpool's massive success.

Though if Marvel and Fox were willing to work together, maybe they could do a one-off crossover. Say, where everyone meets on a strange planet and have a war break out against their respective villains.

It could be some kind of...Secret War.

Last edited:
Maybe I'm just being an optimist, but with success of C.A.:Civil War, and if Homecoming does well, Fox may be more agreeable to sharing (at least) the properties. Disney seems to be printing money with it's comic adaptations, and though Deadpool was a surprise success (having a low budget helped), Fox's recent Marvel films haven't been the blockbusters they were in the early 2000's. From a financial standpoint, it may be in their best interest to play ball with Disney.

I could see them getting the Fantastic Four back. But the X-Men properties? Never gonna happen. Especially after Deadpool's massive success.

Though if Marvel and Fox were willing to work together, maybe they could do a one-off crossover. Say, where everyone meets on a strange planet and have a war break out against their respective villains.

It could be some kind of...Secret War.
If anything happens with Fox/Marvel, it's going to be more like the situation with Spider-man than a straight retrieval of the properties... which only happened because Sony executives were FUCKED after the massive hacking thing happened with them. Sony Japan doesn't give two fucks about Spider-man as a property, they just care that it starts making some fucking money.

Maybe I'm just being an optimist, but with success of C.A.:Civil War, and if Homecoming does well, Fox may be more agreeable to sharing (at least) the properties. Disney seems to be printing money with it's comic adaptations, and though Deadpool was a surprise success (having a low budget helped), Fox's recent Marvel films haven't been the blockbusters they were in the early 2000's. From a financial standpoint, it may be in their best interest to play ball with Disney.
Their most recent two X-Men movies, Deadpool and Logan, both sold very well. I'm inclined to think Fox would have the leverage to keep things in-house for now. Of course, if their upcoming films (such as Deadpool 2) flop, then they may be more amenable to an IP sharing deal with Disney.

So, our way forward is clear: We boycott Deadpool 2.

Their most recent two X-Men movies, Deadpool and Logan, both sold very well. I'm inclined to think Fox would have the leverage to keep things in-house for now. Of course, if their upcoming films (such as Deadpool 2) flop, then they may be more amenable to an IP sharing deal with Disney.

So, our way forward is clear: We boycott Deadpool 2.
They both did very well and were good films, but a) they were both released in non-competitive months (February and March), and b) were smaller budget than the usual superhero fest. Fox hasn't been able to compete during blockbuster "seasons" (Summer and November/December), so I could see them bending if Disney offers the right $$ for a hit during those periods.

It doesn't hurt that Marvel/Disney can write a check so big it makes an audible *thud* when it hits the table.

fade

Staff member
Man, I like the unified origin stuff. Though, I hope they still give Vulture engineering skills.[DOUBLEPOST=1495719229,1495719179][/DOUBLEPOST]Holland's British accent peeks through a few times, though.

Man, I like the unified origin stuff. Though, I hope they still give Vulture engineering skills.[DOUBLEPOST=1495719229,1495719179][/DOUBLEPOST]Holland's British accent peeks through a few times, though.
I think they are including the Engineering skills; there's that scene in one of the trailers that looks like him working clean-up after the Kree Invasion and he's telling guys "You gotta use the alien stuff on the alien stuff" and he's sort of cutting through Kree debris with a Kree thing. It could be that his suit is home-made from scavenged Kree technology from all over New York City.