[Movies] MCU: Phase 3 And Beyond

$6 tickets for Studio Movie Grill in Tyler, TX, Saturday afternoon showing, only like 10 seats had been bought before I did it a couple of minutes ago. I'm happy.

$25 doll hairs...each. Though technically "free" cause I used points. VIP(select seating, better seats, in service meh food, alcohol, people that actually want to watch the movie and shut the fuck up MOST IMPORTANT FACTOR), 3D

Gotta love a Monopoly.

I would like to point out this is Canadian fun money so $25 for me isn't the $25 you're thinking of necessarily.

The monopoly comment is referring to the chain itself because we did splurge about when it came to the specific showing.

There are other options in non-3D and non-VIP available at this chain that would be cheaper. It's sad I need to spend a bit more to ensure the experience has less a chance of being marred but my viewing of Captain Marvel has solidified my stance now that if we're going to spend the money to actually go to the theatre, the bit extra to guarantee less people are in the theatre which leads to less people that can cause problems is what will need to happen.

Just means we will go less overall.

Last edited:
Ours were $6 for Endgame opening day, but that's because we do the morning matinee.
Normally I pay like $30 to take my wife to an evening showing at this theater, though we usually go on the weekends. The price was a bit of a shocker. I had to double-check that I hadn't accidentally selected a matinee time.

Either they're royally screwing with us, or the ascending score there is suggesting that this is immediately pre-title card. Which is its own set of huge implications.

Either they're royally screwing with us, or the ascending score there is suggesting that this is immediately pre-title card. Which is its own set of huge implications.
I'm betting on them screwing with us.

I even suspect that the "feels like it almost shows us the whole movie" special look that they released when tickets went on sale really only covers the first 15 minutes of a 3 hour film.

GasBandit

Staff member
I'm firmly reassured in my "not watching any media or trailers about this" stance :p Not watching! Not watching! I'll see it all in the theater for the first time!

I'm firmly reassured in my "not watching any media or trailers about this" stance :p Not watching! Not watching! I'll see it all in the theater for the first time!
You're voluntarily NOT watching a video with newly-again-redhead Scarlett Johansson in a revealing dress and later on a bikini shot?! You've got more self control than I thought. It's worth getting spoiled.

Dave

Staff member
I think Gas knows Bubble well enough by now to not need to be told. :p
Everyone has their Kryptonite. For Gas it's redheads in bikinis. He probably would have thought it was a lie, but he'd always have wondered. It would have burrowed under his skin and festered.

Everyone has their Kryptonite. For Gas it's redheads in bikinis. He probably would have thought it was a lie, but he'd always have wondered. It would have burrowed under his skin and festered.
You're giving Bubble too much credit. ;)

GasBandit

Staff member
I mean, the thumbnails I haven't been able to avoid seeing showed a still (sadly) blonde Widow, so I was skeptical. But I have to admit there was a pang. Not enough to get me to click play, but enough to classify Bubble (and Bhamv) as being mean :mad:

I'm fairly sure he'd have stopped wondering somewhere after having seen the movie and being disappointed by the lack of redheads in bikini.
Though I haven't seen any trailers or the movie yet, so who knows, maybe there actually is one to be found.