[Movies] MCU: Phase 3 And Beyond

I would argue that Thano's skull might be tough enough to withstand the pressure of the transformation and thus it could kill Ant-Man in the process. Going through his intestines means only soft tissue is in play and thus the likelihood of being squished by bones in less likely.

By that logic, we don't know what Thanos' anus is made of. He's not human. It may not be soft tissue like everyone would assume.

...oh god, you guys have me thinking about the complexities of Thanos' anus. I hate you all, and the internet, too.

figmentPez

Staff member
I would argue that Thano's skull might be tough enough to withstand the pressure of the transformation and thus it could kill Ant-Man in the process. Going through his intestines means only soft tissue is in play and thus the likelihood of being squished by bones in less likely.
It's ridiculous to be talking about Ant-Man having to be the one to do it at all. If expansion could be weaponized like this, it would make far more sense to just use some large blocks of mass. You could use spheres of vibranium, or just some big anvils if you really want to go Looney Tunes. Attach shrinking devices to several dozen of them, and fire them at Thanos out of a gun. They shrink down just before impact, passing through molecules, and then expand at various depths inside. Or just shove a vibranium knitting needle up his nose and expand it.

Don't pretend that Ant-Man being the weapon is about anything more than a joke about buttsex.

EDIT: I'm having trouble finding the right image, but picture Tony or Bruce saying science things with the caption <PG-13 in technobabble>

Last edited:

Dave

Staff member
Finally got my tickets. Holy shit. I had to theater hop in my area, hit a bunch of different times. Finally got two seats at 11 pm on the 25th. Either people are buying them up right & left or resellers are buying them up. If that happens and becomes a thing like concerts I will stop going to theaters.

Dave

Staff member
Nope. Fandango. It's the one I have an account with. And it wasn't the wait times, it's that almost all of the seats were already taken. Much like a concert where the ticket sellers scam everyone to sell them at 3-4x face value and snap up everything before a human could possibly get a ticket.

Well, even if you're worried about the "concert resellers phenomenon" being a thing for movies, I can't imagine it happening past the first day or two.

Dave

Staff member
I just checked all the resellers. No movie tickets there. It's just a rush of nerds to the box office.

When I get through to my local theater, there are seats available, but the damn page is so congested that I can't get it to load consistently through the whole process.

I finally gave up on AMC not being shit and went with the Regal theater closer to home, because it took me 2 minutes to get my tickets instead of an hour of constantly refreshing a page hoping it would work.

Last edited:
Thankfully the seats at our Regal are still decent, the AMC I wanted to go to just happens to have REALLY NICE SEATS.
Especially important when the movie is three hours long!

I got Regal tickets to ensure we can go, but I'll cancel if I can land AMC tickets.

I don’t get what you people are talking about. Whenever I go to a movie, there’s always plenty of seating available and the prices are very reasonable.

—Patrick

Dave

Staff member
It's not that spoilery. I mean, it's more spoilery than the two trailers, but nothing really bad. Still, it's close enough that to ignore it wouldn't be bad.

I like being behind the times.

I got tickets tonight for Captain Marvel. They cost me $5.00 each, and I had my pick of seats in the theater :D