[Movies] MCU: Phase 3 And Beyond

Very cool. Confirms the status of Shuri (hey, Angela Bassett lied!) and Valkyrie. But poor Maria Hill didn't get a poster.

Dave

Staff member
Shuri was already known to be missing. In the trailer when they were showing those gone her face appeared briefly.

GasBandit

Staff member
I'm still kinda miffed everybody just gets to pretend they never heard of Sif because Jaime Alexander was too busy shooting a TV series to be in Ragnarok. Tessa Lynn Thompson must be the world's biggest Blindspot fan, heh.

Well, that, and how the Warriors Three went out like complete mooks. But at least they got screen time.

Shuri was already known to be missing. In the trailer when they were showing those gone her face appeared briefly.
@evilmike brings up a good point, but also in an interview a few months back before any trailer was released, Angela Bassett had (supposedly) slipped that she and Shuri had survived the Dusting.

I'm still kinda miffed everybody just gets to pretend they never heard of Sif because Jaime Alexander was too busy shooting a TV series to be in Ragnarok. Tessa Lynn Thompson must be the world's biggest Blindspot fan, heh.

Well, that, and how the Warriors Three went out like complete mooks. But at least they got screen time.
I addressed this somewhere else, but yeah. As an old school Thor fan, that was shit. You had the on screen talent and chemistry with all of them for an awesome Thor movie. If Ragnarok, hadn't tied as much into the other stuff, having those 4 finding Beta Ray Bill would have been awesome.

Last edited:

Dave

Staff member
I could see them suggesting it as an option and then Scott goes, "What? Ew! No, dude. I'm not doing that."

Thor: It would totally work.

figmentPez

Staff member
C'mon people. Thanos is so uptight he probably hasn't taken a shit since he first left Titan. That sphincter is clenched so tight that Ant-Man could shrink down into the quantum realm and he'd still come up against a wall of purple. Deadpool could break the fourth wall pulling the Phoenix Force into the MCU in order to bend reality and turn all of Earth's oceans into Astro-glide, and that still wouldn't be enough lube to get Ant-Man up Thanos's ass.

Dave

Staff member
Please stop with the autoplay autosound posts. Reddit links are bad for this. This is more on Gas and Dave than you.
We CAN'T do something about it unless we completely stop allowing the urls from embedding and even then we'd probably have to remove embedding for ALL media sources since they are all packaged in a single addon called MediaSites.

Dave

Staff member
I just tested using iPhone, Chrome, & Firefox. For iPhone I had to push play but the Chrome & Firefox both autoplayed.

I had to go into Chrome, a long time back, and my iPhone to change a setting about videos autoplaying. Haven't had issues since.

Someone make one with Porkins.
It should say “...Stay on t(A)rget!” Instead of “Avenge the Fallen.”
In fact, there are a lot of Death Star exhaust vent-related quotes that could do double duty.
Also Spock’s scene with V’ger in Star Trek: The Motion Picture.

—Patrick