[Movies] MCU: Phase 3 And Beyond

Dave

Staff member
I wonder what Iron Man is doing by himself. He and Nebula both survived.
RIGHT?!? I wondered this as well. Which is what makes this a successful trailer. Instead of showing us so much that we basically know what happened, we are left wondering and hyping.

I like my movie trailers like I like my women: Viewed at a reasonably high resolution on a free video streaming site.

She was in the trailer. Looked like a ship. Could just be she's out back giving Tony some alone time for his space blogging.
She's also enough machine that she might be able to survive in some kind of sleep mode for much longer than Tony. Just pure speculation though.

More pure speculation!

Someone posted a theory that Clint's kids got dusted. His wife did not but she was pregnant again and that baby got dusted and she died as a complication. That's probably too dark though so I'd be surprised. I'm sure there are going to be some emotional flashbacks of characters like Clint seeing their family disappear.

Double spoiler for speculation on likely rumors
Since time travel will likely be involved I think Pepper was pregnant when Tony left and she and the baby survived. Tony will eventually have to come to grips with the fact that going back and changing the timeline will erase his child from existence.

Man I forget how crazy people can be with trailers.

So that scene at the end with Scott Lang, when I first saw it, made me think "Oh they thought he was dead and now he is showing up. That's why cap thought it was a recording." Turns out I was wrong, it actually is a recording. People picked apart the scene, and the top left side of the screen shows it was "Archive" footage. While you can't make it out, there are numbers next to it, that seem to represent a date. No one can easily make it out, but it seems to say "1983". It looks like Scott may have actually gone through one of those time vortexes hint dropped at the end of Ant Man and the Wasp, and is actually in the past.

Nice. I dug Dr Strange. Probably rank it around the high middle of an MCU ranked list, but still solid. I'm glad Derrickson is getting another shot.
I liked it too, but I feel like Dr. Strange was better portrayed in Thor: Ragnarok and Infinity War. I hope Scott Derrickson takes some notes and aligns the portrayal closer to those movies.

He hasn't seen all of the MCU yet, but Li'l Z really liked Doctor Strange. It's one of his favorites (so far). I'm looking forward to it. Hopefully we'll get a good amount of Wong and we'll find out what's up with Mordo.

figmentPez

Staff member
I don't know if this goes here, or in the Marvel streaming thread, or... Whatever.

Marvel Rising: Secret Warriors, the full animated movie

I'm assuming this will be region restricted, so sorry to those outside the US if that's the case.

Again: After having watched this, I can't tell if they are going to do a series or what... the previous one with Spider-Gwen is different enough that I can't tell if it's the first episode of the proper series or if it's just a pilot.

Black Panther -- SAG Award winner for Outstanding Performance by a Cast in a Motion Picture:

Also winner of Outstanding Action Performance by a Stunt Ensemble in a Motion Picture

They put out a new spot for Captain Marvel tonight as well:

They also recently released a clip which shows more of the train fight.

She is still weak and recovering from crashing back on Earth. Otherwise things like pulling herself up the side of the train wouldn't be shown as so difficult for her.

Dave

Staff member
I like how they have the labels misnamed for the pictures of Fury & Coulson and even have a blank image.