[Movies] MCU: Phase 3 And Beyond

I've always really liked Spider-Woman and hopefully it's good sheet.

My favourite is when she fought fucking Dormammu in the 70s cartoon.

1597949542272.png

Her newish costume is great too and I hope they use it as the basis for the movie.

1597949649660.png

Rebooting Psylocke would be nice. More Jessica Jones? Vanguard? Oooh, Captain Marvel/Photon?Pulsar/Spectrum? Silver Sable? Black Cat? Invisible Woman! Thundra! Peggy Carter? 13? Ms. Marvel? Valkyrie!

I hope they treat her better than her first series. She’s always been one of my favorite heroines: her past unknown (even to her), involuntary outcast, and a more “regular people” kind of power level. But the continuity just shit on her something fierce—stealing away her powers one by one, and just generally fridging up her life in all kinds of stupid ways, squandering what could’ve been a great Incredible Hulk (TV series)-style journey of self-discovery and finding a place in society (though hopefully with less need for drifting). Maybe something like Mork's messages to Orson?
Rebooting Psylocke would be nice. More Jessica Jones? Vanguard? Oooh, Captain Marvel/Photon?Pulsar/Spectrum? Silver Sable? Black Cat? Invisible Woman! Thundra! Peggy Carter? 13? Ms. Marvel? Valkyrie!
Don’t forget Patsy Walker, too.

—Patrick

Last edited:
Watch Sony screw it up by forcing Spider-Woman to actually be Gwen Stacy, or something like that.
Better(?) yet, they'll have the story be "inspired by true life events" and have it be about Peter Parker's transition to Penelope Parker.

--Patrick

Tatiana Maslany cast as lead role in upcoming SHE-HULK series and holy shit, you couldn't get a more talented actress for the role. Seriously, if you don't believe me, watch her starring role in Orphan Black.

I’m not familiar with her work, but I’m excited to hear they got such a talented actor for the role. She-Hulk has always been one of my favorite characters and I really want them to do this show right.

I can't even describe how excited I am about this. I literally gasped and dropped my phone.
Post automatically merged:

I’m not familiar with her work, but I’m excited to hear they got such a talented actor for the role. She-Hulk has always been one of my favorite characters and I really want them to do this show right.
She's the star/s of Orphan Black and ridiculously talented actor. I highly recommend watching the show.
(Sorry for repeating what Nick wrote. I dropped my phone when I saw the headline and didn't finish reading what he wrote.)

I can't even describe how excited I am about this. I literally gasped and dropped my phone.
Post automatically merged:

She's the star/s of Orphan Black and ridiculously talented actor. I highly recommend watching the show.
(Sorry for repeating what Nick wrote. I dropped my phone when I saw the headline and didn't finish reading what he wrote.)
This. Which reminds me, I somehow fell off on watching the show. I think I only saw the first two seasons and never got around to finishing it. Which is absolutely, 500% on me and has nothing to do with her talent or the show.

Back when Hulk was getting tangled up in legal tug-of-war, She-Hulk probably benefitted from being ignored due to the more “Who would seriously want to watch a movie about a female superhero BWAA HAA HAAA” attitude that was more common before WW and Captain Marvel came out.

—Patrick

Dave

Staff member
Just announced that Daredevil is coming Season 4 to Disney Plus. I did not confirm with official channels and this is only tangentially related to the MCU any more, but still...

But in what aspect? Will they try to multiverse connect all their movies by bringing in Electro from Amazing Spider-Man 2? If they are doing that why bring in a character that was basically pulling a Richard Pryor in Superman 3 when The Lizard could accomplish the same thing and they wouldn't even need the original actor back. Or will Jamie Foxx be a completely different (and better) version of Electro?
Seems like a weird thing for Disney to allow to leak, considering how much they put a lid on the J.K Simmons appearance in Far From Home.

But in what aspect? Will they try to multiverse connect all their movies by bringing in Electro from Amazing Spider-Man 2? If they are doing that why bring in a character that was basically pulling a Richard Pryor in Superman 3 when The Lizard could accomplish the same thing and they wouldn't even need the original actor back. Or will Jamie Foxx be a completely different (and better) version of Electro?
Seems like a weird thing for Disney to allow to leak, considering how much they put a lid on the J.K Simmons appearance in Far From Home.
Jamie Foxx has claimed on Instagram that he won't be blue in this installment, so it sounds like it'd be a different version of the character played by the same actor. Sort of like how Simmons's Jameson was the same actor, but clearly a different version of the character.

Jamie Foxx has claimed on Instagram that he won't be blue in this installment, so it sounds like it'd be a different version of the character played by the same actor. Sort of like how Simmons's Jameson was the same actor, but clearly a different version of the character.
Or Ryan Reynolds and Deadpool.

I’m so far removed from movies these days (even more than usual!). I don’t know any of these modern names.

—Patrick
In fairness, she's not a household name, either. She's had a few parts, but her biggest claim to fame is starring in Mindy Kaling's Never Have I Ever on Netflix. She reminded me so much of Kamala/Ms. Marvel in that role, I was hoping they'd cast her.

With Disney+ I finally finished watching the movies in timeline order. I don’t know how they’ll do it again. If they do, good on them.

With Disney+ I finally finished watching the movies in timeline order. I don’t know how they’ll do it again. If they do, good on them.
I'm honestly more interested in the upcoming short format stuff on Disney+ like WandaVision and Falcon. With the strength of The Mandalorian and it's first season, Disney has shown it;s both willing to give these shows a proper budget AND a good writing staff, both of which Marvel needs.