Export thread

Mathias

Dave

Dave

He's banned. We talked about it in the moderator area and while not unanimous, it was decided that it was better for the community in the long run.

I hate that I had to do this. As I said, I like and respect Mathias. I truly don't understand his motivations sometimes. The biggest factor in this is that through it all he still feels he did nothing wrong. I and the other mods do not agree with this.

I'm going to watch for a bit but I will not be doing any answering of threads. I know I'll take shit from this and to an extent I agree. I hate this shit.

Ravenpoe

Ravenpoe

Well, that's that, then. It's been real.

SeraRelm

While I can't say I agree with his banning, I admire your dedication in shouldering this and respect you for standing by your guns (hired or otherwise).

ThatNickGuy

ThatNickGuy

For the most part, he was an all right guy. But when someone got riled up, he never broke off. Instead, he kept going. And when he did, he went for the jugular (see also: his COMPLETELY uncalled for and unnecessary comment to LittleSin).

Like I said, he was an all right guy for the most part.

But I won't miss him.

Bones

Bones

adventure-time-finn-jake-stupid-Favim.com-239135.gif

ThatNickGuy

ThatNickGuy

Well, that's that, then. It's been real.
Does that mean you're leaving us, too?

grub

grub

Please don't

SeraRelm

But I won't miss him.
I will, for the exact reasons mentioned in the infamous "Y we bad peepul?" thread.

Vagabond

Vagabond

I'M GLAD MATHAIS IS BACK I MISSED HIM.

bhamv3

bhamv3

Dave, while I agree you'd've taken shit no matter what choice was taken in the end, I'd also like to offer you props for being here to make this decision. Running this nuthouse can't be an easy job, and you deserve major brofists for all the crap you put up with.

ThatNickGuy

ThatNickGuy

I will, for the exact reasons mentioned in the infamous "Y we bad peepul?" thread.
What he said to LittleSin: "Yeah, why don't you focus on disciplining your son instead of latching onto me."

That's completely inexcusable for several reasons: 1) it's an unneeded personal attack, 2) it had nothing to do with the conversation at all, 3) it was completely childish.

It's that kind of shit I refer to that I won't miss.

Gusto

Gusto

Enough was enough.

Timmus

Timmus

Shitty that it came to this but I'm glad it wasn't me who had to make the call.

DarkAudit

DarkAudit

Inquiring minds want to know, in the face of stated contempt at any attempt at sanction, and public intent to circumvent or evade any ban, how any mod worth the title would even consider letting him stay? The mind boggles.

checkeredhat

checkeredhat

I get it, and I don't begrudge you the decision, but I don't have to like it either. I'll miss him.

Admittedly, I somehow manage to ignore most of the drama here, so I probably missed a lot of his behaviour that wound up getting him banned.

Still, I recall the last time he was this on edge and confrontational was when his wife was going through chemo. I think he, like any of us really, just lets his real life emotions effect his online personality. And I guess he's just kind of a dick when he does. I agree that the comment to LittleSin was WAY out of line though. I don't know what he said to Null that started the whole PM thing, but I do know that that just wasn't cool at all.

ThatNickGuy

ThatNickGuy

Yeah, that's something I just mentioned in HalChat: in the last few weeks, he seemed to have been more quick-to-lash out than usual. My intuition says it has or had something to do with personal, non-forum related things.

WasabiPoptart

WasabiPoptart

I have to wonder if he's had his ISP banned or if his "neighbor" will show up again like once before.

DarkAudit

DarkAudit

I have to wonder if he's had his ISP banned or if his "neighbor" will show up again like once before.
He's already posted his intent to do just that.

makare

Yeah I really doubt this is going to go well ultimately. I have to say I do admire the mods for actually sticking to their guns, and the rules, in this situation.

You can have a fruity drink, like the one in my sig.

phil

phil

I give it a week.

SeraRelm

y u all steal my lines?

Hailey Knight

Hailey Knight

drifter

drifter

What he said to LittleSin: "Yeah, why don't you focus on disciplining your son instead of latching onto me."

That's completely inexcusable for several reasons: 1) it's an unneeded personal attack, 2) it had nothing to do with the conversation at all, 3) it was completely childish.

It's that kind of shit I refer to that I won't miss.

A low blow to be sure, but LittleSin did call him a 'dumb fuck' first.

Gonna miss the chucklehead, but I can't say I didn't expect it. *pours out 40*

Krisken

Krisken

If THAT'S what people got out of it, I weep for humanity.

makare

Krisken, he just wanted to post an image of alien bdsm.

(that's his thing)

(don't touch it)

Krisken

Krisken

AAAaaaahhh. Dear god, no, I won't touch it.

Frank

Frank

A low blow to be sure, but LittleSin did call him a 'dumb fuck' first.

Gonna miss the chucklehead, but I can't say I didn't expect it. *pours out 40*
And they made up shortly afterwards and apologized to each other.

Hailey Knight

Hailey Knight

Krisken, he just wanted to post an image of alien bdsm.

(that's his thing)

(don't touch it)
It is. I give makare a brofist for backing me up.

Don't turn this into a "Juski posts Simpsons images, then everyone does it." John Carter screencaps are fucking mine.

If THAT'S what people got out of it, I weep for humanity.
I know things escalated since the ban ended, but there was no need to ban over that smiley. If anything was stupid, it's that Mathias knows from previous temp-bans that NR cannot stand that one last jab thing. Maybe it's a cultural difference. From my experience, if you win over someone and are driving off into the sunset, and in your rearview you see them shaking their fist at you, you let them have their fist-shake. You don't turn the car around and have to prove who's in charge.

After that, things got shitty, especially with going after LittleSin, but also since Dave made the rule to not post PMS.

Hylian

Hylian

While I hate to see anyone banned from the site I do understand why you decided it was necessary, On a side note though while I applaud you for standing by your guns and being the punching bag for decisions like this I don't think you need to shoulder all the hate/responsibility on your shoulders alone. Mathias broke the rules constantly and refused to change so all of the mods got together and decided to ban him. Even if you had made the decision on your own I still don't think you deserve the hate just for enforcing the rules.

Shegokigo

Shegokigo

If some of the mods had their way, you'd be gone too makare, so I wouldn't praise them for "sticking to their guns".

Tress

Tress

Well gosh. On one hand, Chazthias was always good for a laugh around here. On the other hand, Mathwozel was the first person ever to respond to a comment I made on the forums years ago: "Shutup, you dumb fucking (faggot)."

So you'll excuse me if I'm not all broken up over his departure.

Jay

Jay

Welp... that's that I guess.

XK16s.gif

makare

While I hate to see anyone banned from the site I do understand why you decided it was necessary, On a side note though while I applaud you for standing by your guns and being the punching bag for decisions like this I don't think you need to shoulder all the hate/responsibility on your shoulders alone. Mathias broke the rules constantly and refused to change so all of the mods got together and decided to ban him. Even if you had made the decision on your own I still don't think you deserve the hate just for enforcing the rules.

It would be a pretty low thing to do to in any way blame Dave for any of this. If anyone had his back until the end it was Dave.

Shegokigo

Shegokigo

I don't think anyone is blaming Dave, I think everyone knows exactly who is at fault. If not, I'll be pointing it out for them for a while. Oh wait, I'm on ignore right?

Nice hypocrital avatar by the way.

checkeredhat

checkeredhat

Weeeeeeeeeeelll, screw this thread.
This one too.

Shegokigo

Shegokigo

Don't worry, I'll make sure it gets to more places than these threads.

PatrThom

PatrThom

The biggest factor in this is that through it all he still feels he did nothing wrong.
I believe this to be the single most important consideration here. "They did it first," is never sufficient to warrant justification by itself. If he legitimately thinks that what he did was excusable because it was "in response" and therefore he did nothing wrong, then he deserves the ban, as would anyone. If he was merely lashing out because he was in pain and decided to pass it around, well, then his case may need to be reevaluated after the proper interval.

--Patrick

drifter

drifter

Shannow's gonna be bummed whenever he comes back from wandering the earth, having adventures.

Shegokigo

Shegokigo

Shannow wouldn't last long on the boards as they're becoming now.

Bumble the Boy Wonder

Bumble the Boy Wonder

Mostly because it's hard to get wi-fi while wandering the Earth aimlessly.

makare

This one too.
Do you need some wine... and a foot rub?

tegid

tegid

So, I missed all the shit flying around, but I can't help but wonder: is whatever he did worse than all that happened in the final months of Chazwozel?

Any way, I also commend you Dave for sticking to your guns, making the hard choices and spending so much effort trying to keep the forums alive and working.

Adam

Adam

I'm not going to lie. I liked Mathias, but part of that was that I never got zapped by his sheep.

To the people that he went round after round with, he was a prick.
To the people that were on the sidelines, he could be a prick.

He added flavour and spice, the same way adding gravol to your date's drink makes things less nauseating. Inevitably someone plays the foil, the badguy, we had ours and it sucks to see him go. Will we see him again? no doubt. Will this happen all over again? No doubt.

At the risk of being huggy, we're all strangers in a family of nutbars. I like the family, I don't like some of the second cousins, and I'd probably do some of the first cousins.

This went off the rails quickly, much like the whole Mat incident, and for that I can only say

Frank

Frank

I've gone a round or two with him and I like him, but as has been shown, I'm weird.

Bowielee

Bowielee

I still have yet to understand this mentality that this is some sort of personal banning. Mathias wasn't even banned for being the asshole he is, he was banned because he kept breaking the rules.

People keep making it out like it's the great silencing of someone with unpopular opinions, but it's not. Mathias dug his own grave by circumventing forum rules consistently.

SeraRelm

I still have yet to understand this mentality that this is some sort of personal banning. Mathias wasn't even banned for being the asshole he is, he was banned because he kept breaking the rules.

People keep making it out like it's the great silencing of someone with unpopular opinions, but it's not. Mathias dug his own grave by circumventing forum rules consistently.
No, the permaban was because his apology wasn't heatfelt.

DarkAudit

DarkAudit

This, this, this, this, and this.

Bowielee

Bowielee

No, the permaban was because his apology wasn't heatfelt.
No, not even a little bit. He was up for a permaban and Dave gave him a last chance, which Mathias pissed away.

SeraRelm

No, not even a little bit.
read.
The biggest factor in this is that through it all he still feels he did nothing wrong. I and the other mods do not agree with this.

Bowielee

Bowielee

Yes, he feels he did nothing wrong. He feels he's not breaking the rules, where he clearly was.

You don't go through a store stealing things off the shelf and then get surprised when you get arrested for shoplifting.

SeraRelm

"Would you download a car?"
Really?
No. it was stated in the first post what the major contributing factor of this was. I don't need to repost it again.

Bowielee

Bowielee

So, what's the point of having rules if they aren't going to be enforced?

WasabiPoptart

WasabiPoptart

I think Dave's position was less about the apology today and more about how Chaz-Mat kept breaking the rules and getting 2nd chances only to do the same crap over again. Chaz-Mat reminds me of the kid in school who would fail a test and blame everything from his parents and teachers to his textbook and alarm clock rather than to see his own actions did him in.

SeraRelm

Reread those rules then. Everyone should be banned.

SeraRelm

*reading*
Huh, so 10 points, which is a week, and a 24 hour ban? Wouldn't the 10 points be a week ban, as listed?
*continues*

Frank

Frank

Man, I'm gonna say this, one day I hope I'm cool enough to have a lesbian defense squad...because that's fucking awesome.

SeraRelm

If you were banned for reasons with which I disagreed, I would defend you in a similar manner from what I believed to be inaccuracies.

Frank

Frank

If you were banned for reasons with which I disagreed, I would defend you in a similar manner from what I believed to be inaccuracies.
I'm glad to hear it, but it's still awesome.

Bowielee

Bowielee

Whelp, you guys can keep suffering under this delusion that Mathias didn't consistently break the rules of the board and that's what led to his ban.

Have fun with that.

Bowielee

Bowielee

Maybe the rules need to be changed.
If you REALLY believe that, make that point. Follow through on it. Rather than impotently shaking your fist about it.

SeraRelm

Maybe there wasn't a need until recently.

phil

phil

So, what's the point of having rules if they aren't going to be enforced?
Hey man, if you want rules go to china or something. I don't need people telling me how to act on a forum that I don't pay anything to post on. If I go to your house and shit on your floor I'm just adding flavor is all. FLAVOR.

Don't you see that this is the most oppressive thing to happen in the history of ever? First they came for the mathiases but I did not speak up for I was not a mathias. somethingsomething THEN THEY CAME FOR ME and shit, ya know?

fuckin' IRC Illuminati pulling the puppet strings of the mods, amirite? WAKE UP SHEEPLE!

No but seriously, I wanna say this is the first non spam-bot ban...ever? And let's face facts here. This is in no way actually going to be a permaban. He'll apologize and say he was going through some shit, resolve to be a better poster, and things will be exactly as they've always been. World will keep on turnin' and the sky won't fall just quite yet.

I think the most upsetting thing from all this is that Chippy has become the voice of reason. Chippy.

bhamv3

bhamv3

I think the most upsetting thing from all this is that Chippy has become the voice of reason. Chippy.
I know, man. I think I agreed with Chippy for the first time ever, a record which goes all the way back to a spirited debate we had regarding the definition of prostitution.

DarkAudit

DarkAudit

Hey man, if you want rules go to china or something. I don't need people telling me how to act on a forum that I don't pay anything to post on. If I go to your house and shit on your floor I'm just adding flavor is all. FLAVOR.

Don't you see that this is the most oppressive thing to happen in the history of ever? First they came for the mathiases but I did not speak up for I was not a mathias. somethingsomething THEN THEY CAME FOR ME and shit, ya know?

fuckin' IRC Illuminati pulling the puppet strings of the mods, amirite? WAKE UP SHEEPLE!

No but seriously, I wanna say this is the first non spam-bot ban...ever? And let's face facts here. This is in no way actually going to be a permaban. He'll apologize and say he was going through some shit, resolve to be a better poster, and things will be exactly as they've always been. World will keep on turnin' and the sky won't fall just quite yet.

Um... that. :)

SeraRelm

Man, mr_thehun , look at some of the rules listed and think about all the illegal drug smuggling discussions, Icarus joking, sexist comments, trolling, etc that goes on. There was even a BNTL posted on the PVP thread. How are we even here to post?!

DarkAudit

DarkAudit

Sera, quick, cite your sources!
Where do you think you are, Wikipedia?

Frank

Frank

It's in the rules.

@Li3n

@Li3n

He's banned. We talked about it in the moderator area and while not unanimous, it was decided that it was better for the community in the long run.

I hate that I had to do this. As I said, I like and respect Mathias. I truly don't understand his motivations sometimes. The biggest factor in this is that through it all he still feels he did nothing wrong. I and the other mods do not agree with this.
Oh really Dave, that why you banned him... so this is just a coincidence i guess: I love this song...

I'M ON TO YOU!!!!

Silver Jelly

Silver Jelly

Still, I recall the last time he was this on edge and confrontational was when his wife was going through chemo. I think he, like any of us really, just lets his real life emotions effect his online personality.
Not like North Ranger who Chaz kept trolling until he reacted more harshly than needed because of real life misery!

I like Chaz. As I said in another thread, he even became the personification of the "harsh advice" part of the forums in my mind.

But still, I think he of all people should have understood that he was pushing on somebdy that is having a very very rough time. And that it's not that hard to apologize in such a situation to defuse the tension and try to be civil.

I don't know about the banning, but I do think he was being pretty assholish.

North_Ranger

North_Ranger

Thanks, Silver Jelly ... But I genuinely try not to come here and post when I'm down in the dumps due to cancer treatments. Or at the very least I try and keep my bitching corralled to that one thread instead. I know the kind of person I can be when I'm in pain and feeling miserable and angry at the world, and I try not to use the forum and its residents as my personal punching bag. The people who know me through-and-through... they take that heat on and I do my best to make amends when that dark cloud passes.

As for my part in this kerfluffle/clusterfuck/train wreck/shebang/whatever... I will acknowledge my share in it. Null and Mat were invited to a conversation with the mods to settle their debate, and once the situation appeared to have been settled, Mathias came in acting like he was picking a fight. So I acted on it. And I remind you, I was ready to let the whole thing slide and go to bed. The only thing Mathias would have needed to do was give it a rest.

Which he didn't.

So I gave him what was essentially a time-out to cool his jets.

It wasn't personal. I didn't act as anyone's pawn. I have no beef, vendetta, chip on my shoulder or deep grudge against Mathias. Did we have that fight - what, two years ago? Yes we did. We talked that over, and for me that was water under the bridge, yesterday's news. He got his week-long ban for breaking the rules, and the mods did everything we could to explain that to him calmly and rationally.

Now can you tell me he extended the same courtesy to us when he came back? Or did he rather try and set the house on fire rather than come back in?

North_Ranger

North_Ranger

I don't think anyone can deny he was being a bit of an asshole but... he's our asshole damnit and how can we take a shit without an asshole?
You do realize you are asking that from a guy who has to urinate through his side, don't you? :p

Frank

Frank

You realize you are asking that from a guy who has to urinate through his side, don't you? :p
Well, you don't poop out of your side do you?

Story time. There was a career criminal back in my old district who spent most of his life in and out of jail when fate decided to give him a little crime handicap. When running from police one balmy, blizzardy evening he was hit by a truck while dashing across a busy (for the little town) street. He was paralyzed. Years later and years since we had heard from the piece of shit, we get a call for a domestic disturbance. I had already handled one that night so my watchmates handled this call. Well, low and behold it's an old friend (I was still young and had never encountered him, but many of the older members instantly remembered him) that had apparently beat his wife (while in his wheel chair) with his colostomy bag until it had burst so when they get to the scene, it's a shit and piss nightmare. After a trip to the hospital to deal with the fallout of that awesome occurance he's locked up in our dungeonesque cells and waits...oh, 10 minutes before once again unleashing his colostomy bag onto the poor inhabitant he's sharing a cell with. That was the best night.

Long story short NR, colostomy bags are gross. This has nothing to do with anything going on in this thread, I just wanted to share.

epilogue - One night months later when he was back in cells for another domestic charge and quadraparalyzed himself by nosediving into the cement floor from 7 feet high. No one was saddened by this.

DarkAudit

DarkAudit

You do realize you are asking that from a guy who has to urinate through his side, don't you? :p

North_Ranger

North_Ranger

Aaaand somehow I'm glad "the image can't be displayed for the moment!".

North_Ranger

North_Ranger

You're awesome N_ranger. It's painful having so many great people here who can't get along from time to time.
Thank you for the compliment, Hun. But once again, it's not a matter of "getting along".

There are rules that essentially state "don't be a dick".

Mathias was being a dick.

He got banned.

His ban ended... and he acted like a bigger dick.

Dave told him "Stop being a dick or GTFO".

Mathias started acting like an even bigger dick.

He GTFOd.

Krisken

Krisken

Pft, you're so my pawn. Dance, puppet, dance!

DarkAudit

DarkAudit

Aaaand somehow I'm glad "the image can't be displayed for the moment!".
Just Grandpa Simpson walking in... and right back out.

About the only reply I've got to the previous post. :)

ElJuski

ElJuski

"Stop! Stop! He's already dead!"

I thought Chaz was a douchebag, but also a really good guy. I hope he just drops it and doesn't come back. My behavior-issue laden teenagers are at that psychological level. It's a shame that he just can't let shit go--this being the internet, very serious, and all--but I also see where he comes from plenty much of the time. And I personally would like to further throw in my complaint that our whole, "HOW CAN WE MAKE HALFORUMS BETTER AND NOT BE DEAD" has ended up just being a witch-hunt for what they consider the meanies, instead of making some good holistic change.

fade

fade

I still don't have much to say about this. I can see why he got banned, but I'm not going to say I'm happy about it. I really like Mathias. And, yes, I do think he was the spice in the soup. I think that's a much better analogy than phil's floor-shitting one, because no one likes someone to shit on the floor. But plenty of people like spicy food. A lot of people don't, and most people don't want the whole box in the soup at once.

fade

fade

Does anyone have his FaceBook info? I would like to keep in touch. If so, can you PM it to me?

LittleSin

LittleSin

I am sad to wake up to this.

I was angry yesterday but my anger is very fluid. I have an inability to stay mad ay anyone for a prolonged amount of time unless you do something particularly noteworthy.

I apologized for being an ass and I meant it. He apologized to me for being jerk and I felt he meant it. I sorta hoped the forgiving spirit would carry on from there.

Again, very sad to see this. I feel so guilty.

Cajungal

Cajungal

Don't. Y'all sorted things out in a civil way, and we took that into account.

Jay

Jay

As a man who tends to push the envelope, this man considers the trade a bit like the Game of Thrones. Let this man explain.

When one plays "the game of forums", a man needs to properly choose their fights. This is essential for survival and acquiring allies to back themselves with when the time is needed. So, when this man gets asked to do something by someone in charge (milord!) , this one one needs to accommodate them or risk severe punishment in the form of "reports by anonymous posters", "a various level of ban" or "only seeing threads in the what's new feed from thread games sub-forum for the next week". This one may or may not agree with the decision but this one must abide or risk forum death.

A man likes to play the Game of Forums and this one has a ... inclination to put a poster in their rightful place when a poster crosses the virtual line, sometimes in a very.... flavorful manner. This one has noticed others doing this as well... but not as well as this man and while it is something that this one does finds enjoyable, a poster may not enjoy being treated in the way this one has treated them.

This man will expect hostilities for the next short time but if this one uses diplomacy and subterfuge along with the help of an ally or two, hostilities are mended and this one moves on to fight for another day.

If that one didn't play the Game of Forums well, this one fully expects the Red Mods to come and smite judgement upon that man.

A man has little sympathy for those who cannot play the Game of Forums.

2529f4d73bf19b82be3332e4c80102db.gif

Dave

Dave

Okay, I'm back, awake and alive. And ready to explain a bit more of my side.

For those who think that the "IRC Crew" had anything to do with this...sorry to burst your bubble. They'd be the first to tell you I don't listen to them. Their level of frustration with me is more than you can possibly know.

Mathias was not banned because he didn't apologize good enough. He was not SAVED FROM A BAN because he did not apologize good enough. I was trying to give a way where he could stay and I could save face by letting him stay. I gave him an out and he chose not to take it.

So the question is, why was he in this in the first place? Well, there was a bit of a kerfuffle between he and Null. We took it to PMs and we got things calmed down. Then Mathias came is and re-escalated things. NR told him to stop and calm it down and instead Mathias kept at it. What NR did was totally correct. Mathias was acting like the little kid who after told not to do something does it anyway just to push the boundaries and cause a reaction. For those of you who are sticking up for Mathias: What should NR have done? Ignore it and validate the behavior? Nope. I'd have done the same thing.

So the week ends and he comes back. First thing he does is go back into the PM and call NR a douchebag. He was back for less than a minute and starting shit again. And then he started threads to push it even further. Again, what is the proper response? To allow anyone to do anything they want and flip the big middle finger to me and the mods? Nope. So I gave him the out to attempt to prevent his expulsion. He chose not to take it.

Even though I took my time and spoke with the mods about it, the decision was mine. Like many of you, I like him. I think he has a lot to give to a community. I also think he chooses not to give much more than his very worst and save his best for times like yesterday.

In summation: I gave him a chance and he didn't take it. I feel like crap but I did the right thing. I'd do it again.

Bubble181

Bubble181

Chaz is smart and funny. He really did add a lot to this forum. He's also a huge prick who's very quick to go for the troat, and comes off as incredibly hostile/aggressive when he feels attacked. I've posted more than once in the past saying he wa sbeing a dick. Usually "the other side" started it, but he's the one who caused it to escalate into nuclear war territory. Even if he does apologize afterwards (cfr with LittleSin just recently), he's still the one who caused the aggression levels to spike.
Back when I was here before I left, he'd had a period where he was far more aggressive/hostile than usual; later we learned (perhaps the forums knew and I learned later, who cares?) that he was going through some very serious issues with his wife e.a. I certianly understand needing a place to vent/work out your frustrations/unwind/..., so, ok, I can cut him some slack for that...But he seems incapable of extending the same to others. Heckling N_R when he knows full what he's going through? I'd have banned Chaz earlier on in that conversation than N_R did.

I hope Chaz'll be back; not immediately, and not the same as before. Because there was a lot to like, just as there was a lot to dislike. Same holds true for a lot of posters around. Shannow was fun but could be too much; Charlie is smart and interesting with a side order of snob and whine; I'm likeable with an extra helping of creepy (ok, so I'm a nice guy, I just wanted to preempt Sera from calling me a creep again :p); I like a lot of what Shego says and does, yet sometimes she takes it just one step t oo far for my personal tastes. Most of those don't really disrupt the forums though, which the drama around Chaz has done on more than one occasion.

We'll live, and who knows, maybe Mathias will be around in the future?

@Li3n

@Li3n

Oh man, i bet he's jerking off to this thread right now...

Chippy

Chippy

I know, man. I think I agreed with Chippy for the first time ever, a record which goes all the way back to a spirited debate we had regarding the definition of prostitution.
I'mma be honest, I don't remember half the discussions I get into on here. I remember taking a Mass Effect Femshep-hitting joke a bit too seriously, but that's about it.

bhamv3

bhamv3

I'mma be honest, I don't remember half the discussions I get into on here. I remember taking a Mass Effect Femshep-hitting joke a bit too seriously, but that's about it.
I'mma be honest too, it wasn't that big a deal. I just don't remember the two of us agreeing very often. True, we also don't publicly disagree much, but meh.

fade

fade

3212-now-kiss.jpg

Bowielee

Bowielee

For the record, this whole ongoing "Carebear clique" vs "Douchebag squad" division is really getting stupid.

I can't think of a better way to refer to the two groups, but there seems to be a fundamental disconnect from the "always be aware of everyone's feelings" crowd and the "fuck you, I'll say whatever I want" crowd.

Such is life, I guess.

SeraRelm

Mathias was not banned because he didn't apologize good enough. He was not SAVED FROM A BAN because he did not apologize good enough. I was trying to give a way where he could stay and I could save face by letting him stay.
Dave, you're contradicting yourself here. The "out" you gave him was that he sincerely apologize, and apologize, he did, but not in a way which was heartfelt. It was an olive branch, sure, but someone has already mentioned that it's how you treat a five year old (and please don't turn that into a "that's how he was acting" BS comment). You know he and I would butt heads, but that doesn't mean I didn't enjoy his presence here.

Necronic

Necronic

idgi

Bowielee

Bowielee

Dave, you're contradicting yourself here. The "out" you gave him was that he sincerely apologize, and apologize, he did, but not in a way which was heartfelt. It was an olive branch, sure, but someone has already mentioned that it's how you treat a five year old (and please don't turn that into a "that's how he was acting" BS comment). You know he and I would butt heads, but that doesn't mean I didn't enjoy his presence here.
So, rather than treating him "like a 5 year old" and giving him an out, Mathias should have just been straight up banned is what you're saying.

That seems to be what you aren't grasping here. He was up for a permaban FIRST and Dave gave him a shot to avoid it.

BananaHands

BananaHands

Adam

Adam

It's just taking a nap, damnit!

SeraRelm

Hey Bowie, I'm gonna give you a dollar, but you have to crawl through a well used porta-potty placed next to an Indian restaurant that has had a busted bathroom for a week to get it.*

*(Some mild exaggerations may apply)

Bowielee

Bowielee

Hey Bowie, I'm gonna give you a dollar, but you have to crawl through a well used porta-potty placed next to an Indian restaurant that has had a busted bathroom for a week to get it.*

*(Some mild exaggerations may apply)
lol, and you called my shoplifting metaphor bad.

Bones

Bones

I still believe all that has happened is there is now a martyr, you just killed the man and put the idea in to stone for all time. some people are going to rally around this and its going to be war. I really hope not, but I think there will be more blood before this week is out.

LittleSin

LittleSin

All this hyperbole is...something.

It's not a good something.

Bubble181

Bubble181

more blood
...You mean the people in Syria are fighting over *this*? Now it all makes sense.

fade

fade

SeraRelm

lol, and you called my shoplifting metaphor bad.
Well, I figured you might understand it better...

and to be honest, the reply in question was for Dave. He said one thing, then detracted from it in the next sentence. Chazias was told X would happen if Y was not done. Y was not done sufficiently, so X happened. Easy logistics here.

Shakey

Shakey

I still believe all that has happened is there is now a maytr, you just killed the man and put the idea in to stone for all time. some people are going to rally around this and its going to be war. I really hope not, but I think there will be more blood before this week is out.
bh.jpg

Bones

Bones

...You mean the people in Syria are fighting over *this*? Now it all makes sense.
why are you talking about my opinion in relation to the massacres in syria? I really need clarification.

Piotyr

Piotyr

I still believe all that has happened is there is now a maytr, you just killed the man and put the idea in to stone for all time. some people are going to rally around this and its going to be war. I really hope not, but I think there will be more blood before this week is out.

Covar

Covar

"Carebear clique" vs "Douchebag squad"
I think I know what needs to be done here.

Dave How long until the stores up? There's T-shirts to be sold.

Bubble181

Bubble181

why are you talking about my opinion in relation to the massacres in syria? I really need clarification.
You said there "would be more blood" over this. As far as I'm aware, not a single speck of blood has been lost over this internet forum fight. I was making fun of your exageration and taking the hyperbole a bit further. Could've said "so this is the reason for those riots in London" or something, too - the specific fight isn't important.

BananaHands

BananaHands

Brothers....

TO ARMS.

Bones

Bones

You said there "would be more blood" over this. As far as I'm aware, not a single speck of blood has been lost over this internet forum fight. I was making fun of your exageration and taking the hyperbole a bit further. Could've said "so this is the reason for those riots in London" or something, too - the specific fight isn't important.
oh it was a joke, sorry I just woke up, I thought it was some sort of insult but I couldn't figure out the slant of it.

sixpackshaker

sixpackshaker

That means that I'll have to buy 2 shirts, because I am a Carebear/Douche...

BananaHands

BananaHands

oh it was a joke, sorry I just woke up, I thought it was some sort of insult but I couldn't figure out the slant of it.

Bones

Bones

care-bears-desktop-wallpaper-grumpy.jpg

Piotyr

Piotyr

Allen who is Quiet

Allen who is Quiet

Brothers....

TO ARMS.
I'd like to propose a toast. To arms. You guys are great. Elbows bend just the way I need you guys to while working, and I like the way you connect to the shoulder such that a wide range of motion is possible.

Dave

Dave

You talking the storefront mod? I've already ordered it but am still having PayPal issues. I wanted to load it today and work on it to go live.

SpecialKO

SpecialKO

Truly, I have never felt less a part of this forum.

Y'all are making cliques and crews and squads 'n' shit, and no one is inviting me to any of them. :(

SeraRelm

It's because you're from New Jersey.

1 point from House SeraRelm.
Hate speech.

Piotyr

Piotyr

Y'all are making cliques and crews and squads 'n' shit, and no one is inviting me to any of them. :(
We could form a new crew, the "Left out of everything else" squad. We are the Marginal Insignificants.

Allen who is Quiet

Allen who is Quiet

We could form a new crew, the "Left out of everything else" squad. We are the Marginal Insignificants.
And our crew will have blackjack! And hookers!

Necronic

Necronic

FREE MATTHIAS

SpecialKO

SpecialKO

It's because you're from New Jersey.

1 point house SeraRelm.
Hate speech.
No, no, we hate people from New Jersey too.

Krisken

Krisken

See, and I would never consider it like that. The whole 'their group is against my group' sure explains the strange vibe I get from certain posters, though.

SeraRelm

1 point from House SpecialKO.
Hate speech.

BananaHands

BananaHands

As a representative of BananaLands, I welcome you to join the BananaKnights.. We have cute animal gifs.

makare

Special KO you can hang out with us. We are either Carebears, fish or an evil underground organization. Or maybe an evil underground organization of evil fish dunno.

If you come on IRC though, be prepared, we mostly admire moss's balls... just a warning.

Bubble181

Bubble181

As a representative of BananaLands, I welcome you to join the BananaKnights.. We have cute animal gifs.
Does it count if nobody likes them? Nobody liked my bucket of owlets :p

Allen who is Quiet

Allen who is Quiet

I'm going to have to see these cute animal gifs first. To make sure that you're not lying.

Adam

Adam

BananaKnights of the Banana Republic.

LucasArts is gonna sue your ass.

BananaHands

BananaHands

Does it count if nobody likes them? Nobody liked my bucket of owlets :p
Fear not, my fiend. Owls are adorable.
I'm going to have to see these cute animal gifs first. To make sure that you're not lying.

SeraRelm

And here comes the heavy petting husbandry.

Allen who is Quiet

Allen who is Quiet

I'm considering it. But do you also have gifs of Japanese women really enjoying ice cream?

makare

That almost makes up for the monkey.

BananaHands

BananaHands

I'm considering it. But do you also have gifs of Japanese women really enjoying ice cream?
She can never get enough of that damn ice cream.

checkeredhat

checkeredhat

Decided to come back to this thread just because even when you're not watching a thread, apparently you get alerts when someone quotes you in that thread still, and so I wanted to see what SJ had to say:

Not like North Ranger who Chaz kept trolling until he reacted more harshly than needed because of real life misery!

I like Chaz. As I said in another thread, he even became the personification of the "harsh advice" part of the forums in my mind.

But still, I think he of all people should have understood that he was pushing on somebdy that is having a very very rough time. And that it's not that hard to apologize in such a situation to defuse the tension and try to be civil.

I don't know about the banning, but I do think he was being pretty assholish.
I think you misunderstood my meaning. Basically I agree with your assessment of the situation 100%. I don't think his attitude towards NR was justified, nor do I hold any grudge towards NR for his decision. At the end of the day, when you are given a warning about something and you continue to do that thing, it's nobody's fault but your own.

All I was saying is that generally I liked having Chaz around, and although I perfectly well understand the reasons for his banning, I wish it hadn't come to that.

Allen who is Quiet

Allen who is Quiet

She can never get enough of that damn ice cream.
The only thing more insatiable than her lust for ice cream is my lust for her.

Chippy

Chippy

not going to lie, kind of funny that banning Chaz created more drama and hostility than Chaz ever did.

SeraRelm

Jay

Jay

n哦头们提哦nh哦sexy调和油参be
就个人而言,我比曹操的刘备更大的风扇。孙策可以吻我的屁股。

BananaHands

BananaHands

嘿傢伙是怎麼回事

Soliloquy

*reads thread*

...Zorro?

Adam

Adam

not going to lie, kind of funny that banning Chaz created more drama and hostility than Chaz ever did.
I don't necessarily think that's true. I think the drama is more broad but a lot less deep than some of the individual hostility heaped on his victims, as well as himself.

makare

What hostility are you seeing? Most of the posts are generally just lamenting the fact that it happened at all. It's not exactly inciting a riot.

Jay

Jay

Personally, I'll miss Chaz as much as I miss playing Dragon Age 2.

jk

SpecialKO

SpecialKO

What hostility are you seeing? Most of the posts are generally just lamenting the fact that it happened at all. It's not exactly inciting a riot.

SeraRelm

Haha I don't see anything! Everything is perfectly fine!
*manically brushes a decapitated dolls imaginary hair*

Yeah, no.

makare

Lol I think it is pretty amusing that I was one of the the people having problems with the hostility and discomfort on the forum for months and Sera is one who was like whatevs thats just how hf is.

But she can't take a day of it being the other way around.

I am not sure if that is irony or what but it is pretty funny.

Adam

Adam

Hey, we should name and shame people more often, because that always reduces hostility and discomfort!

Baerdog

Baerdog

Yesssss, everything is going according to plan.

Jay

Jay

BananaHands

=

vPlkG.gif

SeraRelm

Wow, you really do wear some oddly tinted lenses. I'm saying there is hostility there, it's just not so obvious you can see it, possibly.

I'm calm about this, still feel kind of pissed, but calm. I AM, however, more likely to call people on stuff than usual.

Onward, can you take day without attempted passive aggressive condescension?

makare

And I was saying there was hostility every time we had a "what should we do about it" thread and you couldnt see it or didn't care or something.
That's my point.

SeraRelm

Oh I saw it then, I just think -some people- were blowing it out of proportion. I mean, it's not like someone was banned at the time.

Vrii

Vrii

I have to say, I find makare's gloating a lot more off-putting than anything Chaz ever did.

SeraRelm

I'll come back to this later, I have to work.

Soliloquy

:popcorn:

makare

I have to say, I find makare's gloating a lot more off-putting than anything Chaz ever did.
I am not gloating about anything. After all the abuse me and others took because we thought the forum was turning into a hostile cesspool (get a sense of humor! you are too thin skinned etc etc etc) I merely find it funny that now that things are the other way around the opposite side is acting the same way we were and it is supposed to be ok. I believe it is a taste of your own medicine kind of thing.

LittleSin

LittleSin

It is gloating at this point.

I feel a bit disgusted.

LittleSin

LittleSin

I am not gloating about anything. After all the abuse me and others took because we thought the forum was turning into a hostile cesspool (get a sense of humor! you are too thin skinned etc etc etc) I merely find it funny that now that things are the other way around the opposite side is acting the same way we were and it is supposed to be ok. I believe it is a taste of your own medicine kind of thing.
This is basically a very verbose way of saying

haha.jpg

makare

Or a way of saying, having insight into other people's perspectives isn't all that fun. But whatever I guess.

BananaHands

BananaHands

Haha! This girl sent me that video two weeks ago and said the same thing.

MindDetective

MindDetective

For the record, this whole ongoing "Carebear clique" vs "Douchebag squad" division is really getting stupid.

I can't think of a better way to refer to the two groups, but there seems to be a fundamental disconnect from the "always be aware of everyone's feelings" crowd and the "fuck you, I'll say whatever I want" crowd.

Such is life, I guess.
I read this forum every day, post semi-regularly, and I still don't know what this really is.

Adam

Adam

I read this forum every day, post semi-regularly, and I still don't know what this really is.
Slytherin vs Gryffindor

makare

Mostly I want to assimilate people.

Krisken

Krisken

Slytherin vs Gryffindor
I prefer chin vs pompadour.

MindDetective

MindDetective

Slytherin vs Gryffindor
Sure, but apparently I live in the shack out back or something.

Soliloquy

It just occurred to me that we all actually hate each other and this is what finally brought it to boil.

Adam

Adam

I prefer chin vs pompadour.
You hatless Reformed Hatless Church of Hat, Reformation of 1915 heathens would.

makare

HAGRID

LittleSin

LittleSin

It just occurred to me that we all actually hate each other and this is what finally brought it to boil.
Huh?

MindDetective

MindDetective

That's me...I guess!

MindDetective

MindDetective

So are we the study group from Community then? I can live with that.

Piotyr

Piotyr

Well this couldn't be further from the truth.

All this is proof of is that different people react and consider things differently.

Bones

Bones

Mostly I want to assimilate people.
captain-picard-shoots_1193424401.jpg

makare

assimilate not assassinate...

although I'd look badass in a white suit with a tommy gun.

Not really white isn't my color.

LittleSin

LittleSin

Small Aside: That was one of the best scenes in the movie.

Bones

Bones

Small Aside: That was one of the best scenes in the movie.
I was also making fun of makare with the whole "picard shooting borg full of holes" picture...to bad she didnt get it :D

Allen who is Quiet

Allen who is Quiet

I don't like you sucking around, bothering our citizens, Soliloquy. I don't like your jerkoff name. I don't like your jerkoff face. I don't like your jerkoff behavior, and I don't like you, jerkoff. Do I make myself clear?

makare

I think allen is going to jerkoff. That's what I got.

PatrThom

PatrThom

Okay, I'm back, awake and alive. And ready to explain a bit more of my side.
[...stuff...]
Even though I took my time and spoke with the mods about it, the decision was mine. Like many of you, I like him. I think he has a lot to give to a community. I also think he chooses not to give much more than his very worst and save his best for times like yesterday.

In summation: I gave him a chance and he didn't take it. I feel like crap but I did the right thing. I'd do it again.
Dude, you don't have to publish your long form birth certificate or anything. You're still our duly elected leader even if every individual didn't vote for you.

--Patrick

Krisken

Krisken

That begs the question- how do we know Dave is Dave? He could one of us in disguise. A Dave disguise. Oh so clever.

Covar

Covar

he's JCM's alt.

makare

the tyranny of the Daveguise

SpecialKO

SpecialKO

I'm still mega-super-annoyed that Dave ran on a platform of "Nothing's going to change, we're just at a new URL that has nothing to do with Kurtz" and now all we hear from him now is "CHAAAAANNGE!"

It's as if he thinks we'll be appeased by improved QoS, more organization, and less tastemakerness!

makare

I thought Dave was the Hope guy

blotsfan

blotsfan

Except people are upset not because someone was rude, but because someone was banned. No one who complained about the forum being mean was banned.

Frank

Frank

Such is life, I guess.
Passive-aggressives vs Overt-aggressives would be better suited to me, since both sides can be douchebags.

Gusto

Gusto

So Dave was Zorro all along.

makare

Except people are upset not because someone was rude, but because someone was banned. No one who complained about the forum being mean was banned.
They are upset about how the forum is run which was the heart of the issue the whole time. That is the issue.

Krisken

Krisken

No, Fembot.

Timmus

Timmus

Everyone's a zorro in their own heart.

blotsfan

blotsfan

They are upset about how the forum is run which was the heart of the issue the whole time. That is the issue.
And they didn't want people they disliked to be banned.

Bowielee

Bowielee

I get the impression that it's just a few vocal people either way and the bulk of the forums couldn't care less.

I consider myself neutral, but I don't know if others would.

Krisken

Krisken

And they didn't want people they disliked to be banned.
I didn't want him permabanned either. I just wanted the guns to be stuck to when a ban was issued. I figured we hit that mark months ago.

Frank

Frank

Onward, can you take day without attempted passive aggressive condescension?
I would give 20 bucks to see this.

BananaHands

BananaHands

<----

Covar

Covar

Everyone's a zorro in their own heart.
I'm Spartacus!

Adam

Adam

Bones

Bones

I'm Spartacus!
i always thought you were some sort of kamen rider, myself....:)

BananaHands

BananaHands

Quit yer pointin'!

makare

Someone is going to lose an eye

Timmus

Timmus

I'm Mathias!
ftfy.:hide:

Krisken

Krisken

Uh oh.

Covar

Covar

Banned

Timmus

Timmus

You can't ban me!
I quit! :aaah:

Krisken

Krisken

You can't ban me!
I quit! :aaah:
You can't quit, you're Zorro!

makare

hehe zorro rage quits, throws his mask down and stomps off.

Timmus

Timmus

You can't quit, you're Zorro!
but I can't zorro if I'm banned!

Krisken

Krisken

but I can't zorro if I'm banned!
Fight the powah! The Illuminati commands it!

makare

Zorro, ooo ha HA

Timmus

Timmus

Fight the powah! The Illuminati commands it!
but the iluminati are the power!
I'm so confused right now!

Krisken

Krisken

but the iluminati are the power!
I'm so confused right now!
That's what we want you to think.

makare

Now it is getting a little abstract.

Timmus

Timmus

That's what we want you to think.
So I should fight you by not fighting you...

PatrThom

PatrThom

Hey, get yer own avatar!

--Patrick

Krisken

Krisken

So I should fight you by not fighting you...
Wheels within wheels my frenemy.

Krisken

Krisken

Hey, get yer own avatar!

--Patrick
Hey, I'm keepin it!

makare

a Clockwork Halforums

Charlie Don't Surf

Charlie Don't Surf

this is a huge fuckin thread so I feel like I should weigh in

which is to say, I don't really care either way

so, have a nice day guys now you know how I feel :)

makare

if you truly didnt care youd counteract that smiley with a frowny face.. Im on to you.

Timmus

Timmus

this is a huge fuckin thread so I feel like I should weigh in

which is to say, I don't really care either way

so, have a nice day guys now you know how I feel :)
Didja hear that everyone? Charlie also don't care!

GasBandit

GasBandit

I don't like Chaz. Big surprise. I wouldn't have called for his banning. But, I also wouldn't have objected. My take on the matter is probably different from most. Cheezwoffel did some stupid shit. I don't mean being mean or insufferable in general, I do that all the time, and I've never even so much as had a temp ban. But that's because I know when to exercise a tiny modicum of self god damned restraint. Which he clearly never has. And that's fine, you wanna play that way, let it all hang out and give everybody you meet both barrels while shaking your dick at them with your fist, go you. Just be prepared for the consequences of free association.

I, like others, also don't believe this ban will end up being "permanent." Down the road the people on this board who live with terror in their heart at the prospect of any member of this dysfunction convention ever going their off on their own way will see him unbanned. Yeah, maybe there will be mumbled half-apologies or references to "being in a bad place" at the time, but the pragmatic upshot is the same. You nancies just need to stop worrying about stuff and making drama. Don't get all screechy about "THIS IS THE END OF THE BOARDS" because it isn't, and you know what? Something will be, someday. And it won't matter. Maybe it's just because of the simmering disgust I hold deeply for all of you, but if I started getting 404s tomorrow on my shortcut to this forum, I'd just find myself another place to irritate people. And frankly, I find the gloating as tiresome as the lamenting.

This is not me saying "I don't care." This is me saying "you guys should chill the hell out and stop it with the teen social drama, it's nauseating."

Bumble the Boy Wonder

Bumble the Boy Wonder

You guys are missing the point. It's not about bans and cults.

We're talking about S-E-X. In front of the C-H-I-L-D-R-E-N.

Timmus

Timmus

Sex Cauldron!? I thought they closed that place down years ago!

BananaHands

BananaHands

Is it too much to ask Dave to close all the Mathias related threads?

Krisken

Krisken

Is it too much to ask Dave to close all the Mathias related threads?
Seems like an ok suggestion to me. Do we have a consensus from the Hatfields?

Adam

Adam

Also if we replace his name with "He-Who-Shall-Not-Be-Named", that will prevent him from gaining power over the muggles.

Charlie Don't Surf

Charlie Don't Surf

ugh I agree with GasBandit

To expand a little, I guess, I don't like people getting banned / ignoring people / all that serious business forum stuff. But on the other hand, I can see Dave's stance too.

Also I'm not tapdancing on his "grave" or anything either, we disagreed and said mean stuff a lot, but he came a really long way from the very first couple months on Halforums where it was kind of the wild west and I was a lot more of a jerk. But he agreed with me on some of the political stuff, and bla bla. I already feel like I've typed too many words about this

Timmus

Timmus

You mean it's not the wild west and I dressed up as zorro for nothing!?

ElJuski

ElJuski

don't you guys have like, jobs, or something, during the day? Five pages since I left for school. five pages

GasBandit

GasBandit

Ugh, Charlie agrees with me.

makare

don't you guys have like, jobs, or something, during the day? Five pages since I left for school. five pages

No juski I am unemployed right now. you insensitive bastard :(

Covar

Covar

You mean it's not the wild west and I dressed up as zorro for nothing!?
I wouldn't say for nothing...:unibrow:

Jay

Jay

Seriously Charlie? You type like a goddamned hipster.

lol

"augggth, my fingers are tired. this thread is so may".

BananaHands

BananaHands

God I hate ElJuski

Covar

Covar

I was typing like this before it was cool!

Timmus

Timmus

ElJuski

ElJuski

fuck you, buttclown

Jay

Jay

mindblown.gif

Charlie Don't Surf

Charlie Don't Surf

I worked rull hard this week and am ahead of everything for month end :D :D

I think closing the thread(s) isn't good since people are still gonna wanna know wtf happened and all that. I used them to catch up!!!

BananaHands

BananaHands

fuck you, buttclown
Go take your weird fingers elsewhere, you asspimple.

Bumble the Boy Wonder

Bumble the Boy Wonder

Why can't I have somebody to hate me :(

WHAT'S WRONG WITH MEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Bumble the Boy Wonder

Bumble the Boy Wonder

...EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

ElJuski

ElJuski

Go take your weird fingers elsewhere, you asspimple.
Go fly a kite.

ElJuski

ElJuski

...EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
That'd be like hating a rainbow, Bumble.

sixpackshaker

sixpackshaker

fine, IT'S ON!!!!!!!!!

Krisken

Krisken

I work at night.

Bumble the Boy Wonder

Bumble the Boy Wonder

fine, IT'S ON!!!!!!!!!
You've made a powerful enemy...

Lazy! ...but powerful..

Allen who is Quiet

Allen who is Quiet

Well, frankly dude

sixpackshaker

sixpackshaker

You've made a powerful enemy...

Lazy! ...but powerful..
WELL, OH YEAH?!?!?... YOU'RE JUST... too nice.

amidoingitrite?

twitchmoss

twitchmoss

who keeps away the decent folks, who makes sure forum upgrades choke?

WE DOOOO

BananaHands

BananaHands

Go fly a kite.
I could never stay mad at you. :3

Bumble the Boy Wonder

Bumble the Boy Wonder

I could never stay mad at you. :3
Awwww, you guyssss...

mad.png

Charlie Don't Surf

Charlie Don't Surf

how is "go fly a kite" ever an insult, it's fun, it's getting outside and getting exercise, it's seeing the beautiful sun and sky and clouds and running around joyously

makare

Maybe it is like take a hike?

Allen who is Quiet

Allen who is Quiet

Awwww, you guyssss...
you're ugly and I hate you :mad:

sixpackshaker

sixpackshaker

how is "go fly a kite" ever an insult, it's fun, it's getting outside and getting exercise, it's seeing the beautiful sun and sky and clouds and running around joyously
It is what you tell a child to get them out from under your feet.

BananaHands

BananaHands

Charlie... Let's get together with Juski and have an ENTIRE day of flying kites.

Adam

Adam

Charlie... Let's get together with Juski and have an ENTIRE day of flying kites.
I would totally give you guys a metal key to fly and point you out a great viewpoint with awesome thunderstorms to do it at!

Krisken

Krisken

Then you can be the kite flying cabal. Your power would be immense.

ElJuski

ElJuski

I get to be on top...of the flying kite order.

BananaHands

BananaHands

I get to be on top...of the flying kite order.
I'll be the one to pull the strings around here.

Covar

Covar

WHAT IF IT"S RAINING OUT??!?! HUH SMARTGUY!?!?!

BananaHands

BananaHands

WHAT IF IT"S RAINING OUT??!?! HUH SMARTGUY!?!?!

Charlie Don't Surf

Charlie Don't Surf

well, at least "take a hike" implies like "get the fuck away go somewhere I am not at you piece of shit".

Bumble the Boy Wonder

Bumble the Boy Wonder

Maybe it's the beginning of a longer insult that got shortened?

Y'know, like "Go take a long walk on a short pier"

Timmus

Timmus

well, at least "take a hike" implies like "get the fuck away go somewhere I am not at you piece of shit".
You go fly a kite does that too to certain extent. It's the dismissiveness of it all that's supposed to be insulting.

sixpackshaker

sixpackshaker

Go fly a kite near High Tension Wires...

Gusto

Gusto

"Go fly a kite in a volcano"..?

Timmus

Timmus

No no. It's a, " go away kid you're bothering me." Kind of thing. Just like sixpackshaker said.

fade

fade

You know what I don't get? All the people who seem to go out of the way to point out how they have no real connection to this place or group of people, and how everything that gets posted here is meaningless to them. Congratulations? Whoop-de-doo? Why do you come here? You're either full of bologna or just extremely bad at finding better things to do with your time.

Cheesy1

Cheesy1

GasBandit

GasBandit

"Go fly a kite" an invitation to pointlessness. Much like "go jump in a lake" or "go climb a tree" or "go pound sand." In 19th century England, it was probably as insulting as "go jerk off or something." Perhaps a modern equivalent is "don't you have (something childish and pointless) you're supposed to be doing?"

Timmus

Timmus

"Go fly a kite" an invitation to pointlessness. Much like "go jump in a lake" or "go climb a tree" or "go pound sand." In 19th century England, it was probably as insulting as "go jerk off or something." Perhaps a modern equivalent is "don't you have (something childish and pointless) you're supposed to be doing?"
Exactly!

Charlie Don't Surf

Charlie Don't Surf

well the joke's on them since flying kites OWNS

GasBandit

GasBandit

You know what I don't get? All the people who seem to go out of the way to point out how they have no real connection to this place or group of people, and how everything that gets posted here is meaningless to them. Congratulations? Whoop-de-doo? Why do you come here? You're either full of bologna or just extremely bad at finding better things to do with your time.
Because it leaks out into every other thread. It's not self-contained. Plus, it was couched as an OFFICIAL ANNOUCEMENT (dat dada dat dat da daaaaaaaah) from the administrator, and stayed RIGHT UP AT THE TOP of "what's new" for it's entire lifespan thus far. So yes, every single forum user is going to be in here, and you all get your say, so why shouldn't I?

ElJuski

ElJuski

Because it leaks out into every other thread. It's not self-contained. Plus, it was couched as an OFFICIAL ANNOUCEMENT (dat dada dat dat da daaaaaaaah) from the administrator, and stayed RIGHT UP AT THE TOP of "what's new" for it's entire lifespan thus far. So yes, every single forum user is going to be in here, and you all get your say, so why shouldn't I?
And, not to mention, just because I care about these people and what's going on, doesn't mean I'm obsessive about it. Nor does it mean that I spent every waking moment thinking about Halforums.

makare

It seems like the whats new thing is often at the center of controversy. I say it must be destroyed!

GasBandit

GasBandit

It seems like the whats new thing is often at the center of controversy. I say it must be destroyed!
I will say, without "what's new" I would never post in a new thread ever again, because it's too much of a hassle to go through all the subforums. So I'd just be left bumping my same old threads over and over again.

Adam

Adam

Hello Halforums, look at Tinwhistler, now Mathias, now back at Tinwhistler, now back to Mathias. Sadly, he isn’t Mathias, but if he stopped using terrible puns and switched to flame wars, he could post like he’s Mathias . Look down, back up, where are you? You’re on a boat with Mathias. What’s in your hand, back at Mathias. I have it, it’s a topic with two puns that you love. Look again, the puns are now memes. Anything is possible when Tinwhistler posts like Mathias and not Yoshi. I’m on a horse.

Charlie Don't Surf

Charlie Don't Surf

yeah tbh I wouldn't last long here without "What's New?" or I would just only post in Media Madness forever

Timmus

Timmus

yeah tbh I wouldn't last long here without "What's New?" or I would just only post in Media Madness forever
Uh oh...look who's agreeing with GasBandit again....

fade

fade

I'm not talking about this thread necessarily. I just put it here because it was relevant. It seems to come up a lot. And it's not just you. I've been head scratching about it for a long time. I guess I'm trying to figure out the appeal, or if it's just some kind of macho smoke-blowing.

ElJuski

ElJuski

I also think that if everyone stopped focusing on posting, "Well I think that others should..." threads and posts, we'd be all right.

BananaHands

BananaHands

I think that others should go fly a kite.

Timmus

Timmus

I also think that if everyone stopped focusing on posting, "Well I think that others should..." threads and posts, we'd be all right.
I can dig it.

GasBandit

GasBandit

SeraRelm

Why don't you make like a tree... And go fuck yourself.

WasabiPoptart

WasabiPoptart

Nor does it mean that I spent every waking moment thinking about Halforums.

ElJuski

ElJuski

Necronic

Necronic

I think you should rethink that.

GasBandit

GasBandit

Why don't you make like a tree... And go fuck yourself.
If there were trees that did that, I would quit my job to travel the nation planting them, like Johnny Appleseed. But they'd have to call me Johnny Fuckyourself I guess.

ElJuski

ElJuski

If there were trees that did that, I would quit my job to travel the nation planting them, like Johnny Appleseed. But they'd have to call me Johnny Fuckyourself I guess.

sixpackshaker

sixpackshaker

Pine Trees Fuck Themselves all the time.

WasabiPoptart

WasabiPoptart

Tree-gasm!

makare

that sappy spooge is so hard to get out of linens.

sixpackshaker

sixpackshaker

It does not work that way.

GasBandit

GasBandit

Pine Trees Fuck Themselves all the time.
In the same way that sperm donors have laid hundreds of chicks, I suppose. No, I mean loud, thrashing, banging, awkward-silence-inducing trees.

SpecialKO

SpecialKO

Trees and flowers procreate via bukkake.

North_Ranger

North_Ranger

Trees and flowers procreate via bukkake.
Or by splooging on an animal and hoping that the animal in question then rubs itself against a suitably receptive vagina.

Timmus

Timmus

Or by splooging on an animal and hoping that the animal in question then rubs itself against a suitably receptive vagina.
Dood stop being gross!

Cheesy1

Cheesy1

From Mathias, to kite flying, to plant spooge.

I love/fear you guys.

North_Ranger

North_Ranger

Dood stop being gross!
It's not me, it's Mother Nature who keeps coming up with these weird-ass, kinky scenarios.

SpecialKO

SpecialKO

That's kind of what I meant. :p

makare

Dood stop being gross!

it's the vagina part that did you in right?

SpecialKO

SpecialKO

From Mathias, to kite flying, to plant spooge.

I love/fear you guys.

I think Mathias would be proud. :cool:

North_Ranger

North_Ranger

That's kind of what I meant. :p
Soooo... your definition of bukkake includes animals?

Please don't give me any details of your sex life. It certainly sounds... "Special".

makare

he likes baaaakkake

North_Ranger

North_Ranger

Well I considered using "fish taco" as a euphemism, but I thought it would have cluttered up the definition of plant sex.

Timmus

Timmus

Nah the involving others into your sex life that may not be aware they are getting involved.

SpecialKO

SpecialKO

Soooo... your definition of bukkake includes animals?
*opens mouth*

Please don't give me any details of your sex life.
*closes mouth*

Just like Nick's prom night....

Frank

Frank

Well, this thread became super unfunny super quick.

Timmus

Timmus

I know right. Guess we now know how to kill a thread that won't die.

@Li3n

@Li3n

Well, this thread became super unfunny super quick.
You're welcome.

makare

It's all Krang's fault.

ElJuski

ElJuski

No, but seriously, you guys need to see Ugly Americans.

Wahad

Wahad

No, but seriously, you guys need to see Ugly Americans.
Is that that show with the demon chick and the wizard dude? I don't know, I caught a few episodes and thought it was kinda boring. Not my style of humor, I guess!

ElJuski

ElJuski

Which is odd, since this forum goes to things like "trees having sex" on a pretty regular basis.

Hailey Knight

Hailey Knight

So what you're saying is, if people want it to be like it was, many forumites should act like Chaz?

assimilate not assassinate...

although I'd look badass in a white suit with a tommy gun.

Not really white isn't my color.
That was Kirk reacting to assimilation.

Also, I saw mention of "QP paternity" and what what what the fuck what

I know, right? It was 9 for me.

Tress

Tress

I had this exact same reaction. While I was out expanding the minds of our future leaders (lol) I didn't give this drama a single thought. I come back, see some alerts, and OH MY GOD THE THREAD IS EXPANDING OUT OF CONTROL. Bravo, Halforums. Bravo.

Jay

Jay

Some of us have better jobs than others.

Frank

Frank

I'm on vacation and getting ready to Shannow it up for a while. Gonna be wandering the Earth, only my car at my side at the wind in my nose.

CynicismKills

CynicismKills

I'm on vacation and getting ready to Shannow it up for a while. Gonna be wandering the Earth, only my car at my side at the wind in my nose.
I bet the trip would be a lot better if you drove the car instead.

Frank

Frank

I bet the trip would be a lot better if you drove the car instead.
You don't know nuthin' bout wandering the Earth.

makare

I want to wander the earth to a cooler climate. It is so hot today. :(

Terrik

Terrik

That was Kirk reacting to assimilation..

??????????? :(

CynicismKills

CynicismKills

You don't know nuthin' bout wandering the Earth.

North_Ranger

North_Ranger

That was Kirk reacting to assimilation.

Ffffffaaaaaaaaaaaiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiillllllllllllllllllll....

makare

Ok yeah that was goddamn hilarious.

Hailey Knight

Hailey Knight

OH FUCK.

Wow, I cannot believe I did that.

It's an ultra-fail since I was trying to be the corrector in this... I am ashamed.

Silver Jelly

Silver Jelly

Decided to come back to this thread just because even when you're not watching a thread, apparently you get alerts when someone quotes you in that thread still, and so I wanted to see what SJ had to say:

I think you misunderstood my meaning. Basically I agree with your assessment of the situation 100%. I don't think his attitude towards NR was justified, nor do I hold any grudge towards NR for his decision. At the end of the day, when you are given a warning about something and you continue to do that thing, it's nobody's fault but your own.

All I was saying is that generally I liked having Chaz around, and although I perfectly well understand the reasons for his banning, I wish it hadn't come to that.
Wow, there's a lot of pages to read and it's way past my bed time, but I just wanted to say I just quoted a part of your post that was useful to express what I think of all this situation, not that I was trying to answer to what, implicitly, must be the opposite opinion to mine. I feel like you about all this situation.

North_Ranger

North_Ranger

OH FUCK.

Wow, I cannot believe I did that.

It's an ultra-fail since I was trying to be the corrector in this... I am ashamed.
Indeed.

You have brought shame upon your house and upon your name.

How will you redeem yourself, Quotemander of House Prime?

Terrik

Terrik

Indeed.

I have an idea.

Hailey Knight

Hailey Knight

Indeed.

Run away and change my name?

Really, I can't believe I did that.

makare

cue the dramatic music!

checkeredhat

checkeredhat

execution.jpg

There is no redemption for that.

WasabiPoptart

WasabiPoptart

I say we put Quotemander Prime in a red shirt and make him part of the away team.

North_Ranger

North_Ranger

cue the dramatic music!

Frank

Frank

He might've said Kirk instead of Picard, but that's because, deep down, everyone wants to be Kirk. Do not put this man on trial for only thinking what any decent man would think. From this day forward, let ANY man use the name Kirk to represent any other man.

Thank you and goodnight.

Timmus

Timmus

He might've said Kirk instead of Picard, but that's because, deep down, everyone wants to be Kirk. Do not put this man on trial for only thinking what any decent man would think. From this day forward, let ANY man use the name Kirk to represent any other man.

Thank you and goodnight.
Even zorro wants to be kirk!

North_Ranger

North_Ranger

Hmmm... Let's see now, a gentleman and a scholar with a British accent. Or a braggart womanizer who either punched, shtupped or punched and shtupped everything that moved and probably had about twenty different kinds of space clap in the end?

I'll take the Picard option, thank you very much.

Hailey Knight

Hailey Knight

Thank you and goodnight.
Actually, that's the worst part. I prefer Picard.

:(

Frank

Frank

Hmmm... Let's see now, a gentleman and a scholar with a British accent. Or a braggart womanizer who either punched, shtupped or punched and shtupped everything that moved and probably had about twenty different kinds of space clap in the end?

I'll take the Picard option, thank you very much.
When Patrick Stewart was given some creative control during the making of the movies, Picard became a machine gunnin', lady's mannin', truck drivin' bad ass. Patrick Stewart wanted Picard to be more like Kirk. ERGO You choosing Picard over Kirk is still a choice for Kirk.

CynicismKills

CynicismKills

He is, Kirk. You, will be....assimilated.

North_Ranger

North_Ranger

When Patrick Stewart was given some creative control during the making of the movies, Picard became a machine gunnin', lady's mannin', truck drivin' bad ass. Patrick Stewart wanted Picard to be more like Kirk. ERGO You choosing Picard over Kirk is still a choice for Kirk.
That only means Picard grew from a scholar to a true Renaissance man. While Kirk grew from a pajama-wearing brute to a sweaty, stuttering lummox.

I therefore dismiss your claim and repeat my statement of Picard's superiority in my personal ranking list of Starfleet officers.

makare

I prefer Picard myself. Mostly for the love of Shakespeare and his intellectual insight.

fade

fade

How can people complain that the Mathias thing has been blown out of proportion because the Mathias thread has expanded rapidly, when the thread hasn't actually been about Mathias for like 10 pages?

Frank

Frank

So if Picard does it, he's being a renaissance man, if Kirk does it, he's a brutish, sweaty lummox?

Anti-American, Eurocentric xenophobia at it's finest.

makare

My theory is when they got to the tree sex they were so upset that their mind compensated by just playing the same first two pages over and over and over.

North_Ranger

North_Ranger

So if Picard does it, he's being a renaissance man, if Kirk does it, he's a brutish, sweaty lummox?

Picard would never have made such an elementary grammatical error :p

Frank

Frank

I would give 20 bucks to see this.
Welp, good thing I didn't pay.

Frank

Frank

Picard would never have made such an elementary grammatical error :p
I don't think he'd use smilies either, but that counters nothing.

Oh wait, he did in that one episode when he was getting time space madness. So, Picard would only use smilies if he was mentally ill.

LittleSin

LittleSin

KIRK. IS. CANADIAN.

Edit: Well Shatner is. :(

Frank

Frank

Shatner's Canadian, Kirk's from Iowa.

makare

I think the character is from Iowa

ninjad

Baerdog

Baerdog

I vote for neither and say that Sisko is the best captain.

Timmus

Timmus

He probably would have posted this by now.

makare

nothing nerdier than dendrophilia.

Timmus

Timmus

nothing nerdier than dendrophilia.
except perhaps a debate on the relative merits of various star trek captains.

Terrik

Terrik

Ugh drunk posting.

I was trying to write English, I have no idea what I was trying to say.
That doesnt just happen when you're drunk.

Baerdog

Baerdog

I've got a friend who spent the past few months living in Peru and immersing herself in Spanish. She's been back for a couple of weeks now and is still having trouble getting back into English mode. It's pretty funny.

Terrik

Terrik

the last time I tried to ask my wife to pass me a tissue, I gave up and asked for it in Chinese instead. I just couldn't remember tissue.

I imagine teaching english all day is a good thing for you keeping up your language skills. I speak mandarin at work, I speak mandarin at home and for the most part my friends are chinese. Recently, my wife has been pushing me to learn more mandarin so the only times I speak English are here, when I see my ex-pat friends and play games, or when I call my mother.
Well if its any consolation, my co-worker speaks only passable english, the classroom a yi speaks none, my bosses speaks none, the children don't speak it well at all. Most other Chinese teachers save for one are terrible at it or don't speak it at all. None of the drivers or security speaks it and the girl I've been seeing recently speaks only Chinese.

If I were teaching Secondary/University, it might be a different story.

I keep up my language skills through constant reading. Once every month or so I'll hit the foreign book store and drop 500-700RMB on several books to keep up my language ability.

bhamv3

bhamv3

Ha! I'm trained as a translator and interpreter! Switching between languages is my professional skill!

Anyway, tree sex is gross, especially the splinters.

And Picard could pull off the no-hair look, could Kirk do that? Huh? Huh???

Terrik

Terrik

God, THIS is why I love Amazon kindle. I've read almost everything I can in the foreign language book store. I sank far enough to read twilight and came to the realization that it wasn't in English.

I think I've expanded my horizons of what I consider acceptable reading material since coming here.
Is the selection so bad? I know it's been a while since I've been to the Wangfujing Foreign book store. There's a foreign book store down here in Shanghai on Fuzhou lu that has a good selection. I haven't been left wanting quite yet. I mean, it's no selection like you would get back home but it's not bad all things considered.

Terrik

Terrik

Ha! I'm trained as a translator and interpreter! Switching between languages is my professional skill!

Anyway, tree sex is gross, especially the splinters.

And Picard could pull off the no-hair look, could Kirk do that? Huh? Huh???

But...can you speak the language of love?

SeraRelm

Don't steal my shit.

Emrys

Emrys

Can I join Team BananaHands?

BananaHands

BananaHands

Can I join Team BananaHands?
:D

DarkAudit

DarkAudit

I stand with Adam in the Church of Hat.

Terrik

Terrik

My hands are oranges.

WasabiPoptart

WasabiPoptart

Oooh! Ooh! I want to have fruity hands too!

Cheesy1

Cheesy1

Then just follow your nose!

Chad Sexington

Chad Sexington

Then just follow your nose!
True fact/drunk admission: I only learned two years ago that the expression "follow your nose" means "walk in a straight line". Froot Loops commericials corrupted me.

North_Ranger

North_Ranger

Don't steal my shit.
I will if you stop stealing mine. The "infractions", eh? The pot and the kettle, eh? ;)

North_Ranger

North_Ranger

I've got a friend who spent the past few months living in Peru and immersing herself in Spanish. She's been back for a couple of weeks now and is still having trouble getting back into English mode. It's pretty funny.
Heh, been there myself. It took me a few months to stop instinctively speaking with an Irish accent after I got back from my exchange year in Limerick. But because I still use English on a daily basis, there are still moments when I have to stop and think what some word or expression is in Finnish when I know completely well what it is in English.

SeraRelm

Oh, you use a Harry Potter reference when doing that? And you're the only one who hands them out?

ElJuski

ElJuski

I know that feeling, Sera. I know it well